PDA

View Full Version : Gaming GOOD RPG GAME?

Got Milk?
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Anyone know of a good game like WoW online? WoW is just boring now, and i can't see my self playing it anymore. So anyone playing anything out there worth playing?> PC ofcourse

MachNU
03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
nope, no companys have been able to compete with WoW. The only next generation contenders that should and probably will topple WoW will be either the Elderscrolls MMO or Star Wars Old Republic.

Got Milk?
03-11-2010, 11:31 PM
doesnt have to be like wow, lol. Something similar. it doesnt even have to be p2p, it can be f2p :P

JDM onlyy
03-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I used to play Ragnarok Online, kept me busy for awhile. Has an anime-ish feel to MMORPG.

HyPer50
03-12-2010, 05:50 AM
You could try Warhammer Online, EQ2, Vanguard rocks, it just doesn't have enough people playing, umm.. there's a ton others, check mmorpg.com for a list.

Lancer Rage
03-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Im gonna suggest FFXI only because ive been playing it for 7 years, but FFXIV will be out sometime this year. Final Fantasy mmos are the only cross platform mmo's where you play on the same servers no matter what system you play on. So Xbox 360, PS2, PC, and the the old 80 and 60g PS3's all play on the same servers. I've tried WoW and I just dont dont like it, seems like a complete clone of Everquest which I played for some years. I play AION also which is pretty good and has awesome graphics.

YoTa_BoX
03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
I my self am getting really bored with WoW...though I think with Cataclysm coming out soon, it will get me back into the game. Im up to 5 80s now, all with 4.5k+ gearscore...and there just nothing really left to do, except get into raiding, which i dont really have time for. I tried raiding on my lock, but damn...being awake till midnight or later, and having to wake up at 6 am...just doesn't work out very well.

im down loading Runes of Magic atm, though its another WoW clone lol... Ill let you know how it is.

MachNU
03-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Im gonna suggest FFXI only because ive been playing it for 7 years, but FFXIV will be out sometime this year. Final Fantasy mmos are the only cross platform mmo's where you play on the same servers no matter what system you play on. So Xbox 360, PS2, PC, and the the old 80 and 60g PS3's all play on the same servers. I've tried WoW and I just dont dont like it, seems like a complete clone of Everquest which I played for some years. I play AION also which is pretty good and has awesome graphics.

Wow I cant believe you just compared WoW to EQ. EQ was the game that started it all, and no game has come close to how perfect it was. FFXI was one of the worst MMO ever. TO little content and was just a simple game. By simple I mean, literally the thought behind it was simple, no indepth content or character base.

Warhammer is a boring game, it seems great at first, but if your bored of wow your going to get bored of Warhammer before you could even run the trail out.

LoTR was a good game. Its fun at start, has alot of unique styles but will get boring after a month or two.

Their really is no good MMO out there right now till Elderscrolls and SW:OR

Lancer Rage
03-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow I cant believe you just compared WoW to EQ. EQ was the game that started it all, and no game has come close to how perfect it was. FFXI was one of the worst MMO ever. TO little content and was just a simple game. By simple I mean, literally the thought behind it was simple, no indepth content or character base.

Warhammer is a boring game, it seems great at first, but if your bored of wow your going to get bored of Warhammer before you could even run the trail out.

LoTR was a good game. Its fun at start, has alot of unique styles but will get boring after a month or two.

Their really is no good MMO out there right now till Elderscrolls and SW:OR

I know EQ was my first MMO but the first thought that came to my mind when I played WOW was "This feels exactly like EQ" to me. And FFXI isn't a MMO where you can just jump in and hit max level in a week or two, you have to put in time. Its a fun game but everything takes time in it, so if you just want to jump in and play for 1-2 hours a day then you probably wont get anything done, lol. Have you even played FFXI before, or just heard about it?

oneSLOWex
03-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Ultima Online actually started the MMORPGs so....:taun:

I never got into WOW that much. I do play it at work, but im on a free server and dont have it installed at home.

I know a few who play Runes of Magic and they love it. Its just like WOW, but you can do different things and its something different. You can even have your own house and shit :goodjob:. http://mmohut.com/review/runes-of-magic

Jblizzard
03-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Aion is a good game to check out.

I got a lvl 50 chanter on the Ariel server and I could hook you up if you decide to play.

Asmodian race.

BKgen®
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Fuck this shit. Play counter-strike. lolol

MachNU
03-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I know EQ was my first MMO but the first thought that came to my mind when I played WOW was "This feels exactly like EQ" to me. And FFXI isn't a MMO where you can just jump in and hit max level in a week or two, you have to put in time. Its a fun game but everything takes time in it, so if you just want to jump in and play for 1-2 hours a day then you probably wont get anything done, lol. Have you even played FFXI before, or just heard about it?

I was a die hard Final Fantasy fan and was playing EQ still when it came out. Bought the game and after 5 hours of playing it the first day, I was like this game fucking sucks. Went back to it a few times over a course of a year to give it another go and everytime it was boring after a few hours. Content was not very well thought through, the whole level 1-30 here, 31-45 here and then 46+ their was dumb. Maybe the game has since changed but I doubt to the point it would be any better.

Also when did you play EQ from...which I mean like me I started in from the first game up to PoP in 03/04.

oneSLOWex
03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I was a die hard Final Fantasy fan and was playing EQ still when it came out. Bought the game and after 5 hours of playing it the first day, I was like this game fucking sucks. Went back to it a few times over a course of a year to give it another go and everytime it was boring after a few hours. Content was not very well thought through, the whole level 1-30 here, 31-45 here and then 46+ their was dumb. Maybe the game has since changed but I doubt to the point it would be any better.

Also when did you play EQ from...which I mean like me I started in from the first game up to PoP in 03/04.

I was a beta tester for EQ and played through the beta and for a month or so on the public release. I just lost interest...it just really did nothing for me. I enjoyed UO way more even with the shitty graphics.

MachNU
03-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I was a beta tester for EQ and played through the beta and for a month or so on the public release. I just lost interest...it just really did nothing for me. I enjoyed UO way more even with the shitty graphics.

Hell EQ was never known for grpahics. The amount of content was what got me. So many different classes and race/class combos. The amount of equipment content, the areas to explore. Just everything about the game was HUGE and rich in content. To me thats where WoW lacks. It has very little true content, but great graphics and area to explore. But everything else just absolutly lacks.

Hell to me had SOE never fucked up SWG a few months after its release it would have been the greatest MMO ever.

Hell but I guess thats just me I judge a game more on the thought behind the content, classes, races, exploring.

MachNU
03-12-2010, 11:32 AM
But also like you said, I hate games where a hardcore player can go into it and in less than a week already level cap a character.

Lancer Rage
03-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah they got alot of new stuff coming up for FFXI, they just announced a lot of new content last week at Vanafest. The biggest one is the increase of the level cap to 99 from 75 which is probably gonna take a zillion xp to get lol. Theres still plenty of things left to do in FFXI that I've never done even after 7 years that I need to do lol. I played EQ from about 2000-2003, and then when FFXI came out I slowly left EQ behind. This game is like crack once you get into it plus I was playing with a real life friend which makes it better, we left EQ together and went to ffxi. But once FFXIV comes out I'll be leaving FFXI, and my friend is gonna keep my character so he can dual box.

Got Milk?
03-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Fuck this shit. Play counter-strike. lolol

Counter strike FTMFJESUS MOHAMMEDWIN!

Got Milk?
03-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will try Aion first, than EQ if that crap is still going on.

MachNU
03-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will try Aion first, than EQ if that crap is still going on.

suprisly it is. I went back and tried it after about 7 years away from it and the game still has roughly 100k sub. But I dont think you will enjoy it, if your going from modern games of today to a game that was developed back in 97 and still moves along those tracks.

Glides
03-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Wow I cant believe you just compared WoW to EQ. EQ was the game that started it all, and no game has come close to how perfect it was.

Rofl...you MUST be joking. WoW blows Everquest away in the scheme of gaming. Better game play, much easier to do things in, graphics destroy it. Sure EQ was a good game....but it's nothing then compared to what WoW is now. Even in EQ's heyday it never had the traffic that WoW has had. It didn't have the expansions, the updates, nothing. The perfect PVP game I still think was Dark Ages of Camelot. 1.10 min Mezzes for the freaking win man.

WoW had, and still has, everything that gamers want. They have instanced dungeons, gear tailor made to whatever you want it for whether it be PVP, PVM or PVSALS. Whatever you want to do, you can do it in WoW. Can't do that in EQ, never was able too. EQ2 was even shittier. I played that game for one week until I was an Ogre, and put the run lock and and did the Regal wave. he looked so gay that I knew right then the game had reached it's Zenith for me, nothing could be cooler than that moment.

Warhammer Online fun....like switching to the bottom during sex with an obesely fat woman. It's fun until you look up. The later levels are insanely boring, no end game...blah blah blah.

Eve Online is hella fun....if you smoke pot 24 hours a day. Though I don't smoke pot and I enjoyed it. It's peaceful until you enter 00 space and get your shit blown away in 2 seconds.

Try Lord of the Rings Online. My friend says it's decent. Thats about as good as you are going to get. Decent. World of Warcraft just has too much of the market right now. They keep the game updated with fresh content, they have pretty good customer support and with new gear sets coming out frequently, you always have something to strive for.

Got Milk?
03-12-2010, 03:59 PM
EQ fucking sucks. I just tried it out, god damn that game sucks. WoW>EQ any day in graphics and the movement and the skills and everything.

WoW that game sucks pretty hard.

MachNU
03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
You guys have no appreciation for MMO's or actually played enough to understand them. EQ was the game that started it all. WoW would be shit if it wasnt for EQ. EQ had the most content of any game. It was geared for both the casual and hardcore gamers alike. If you base a MMO off mainly its graphics then your opinion is null. You judge a game by its content, its playability, how fun it is, and lastly its graphics.

Wow is a boring ass game. Its got crap content, no thought behind the current content, no thought behind the future content. Only thing WoW has going for it, is the graphics and playability.

But like I said Got Milk, for someone who has only been playing MMO's for a few years and only really knows WoW as a MMO, your going to find it very hard to find a game that you can stick with. EQ back in the day before Lineage, before SWG, before WoW it was the top game.

I will give you though EQ2 was gay as hell. They tried to compete with WoW and turn EQ into a WoW game and killed it. Had They just uped the graphics in EQ and left everything the same that game would have succeed, and probably WoW would not have gotten near as big.

Also you cant compare subscriptions of EQ to todays games. Because back then it was an abult based game and very few kids where able to play MMO's since the gaming industry was just coming around. Now that computers capable of playing better game's are around and more kids are getting into computer games WoW is succeeding. Its a big difference comparing a game that is still alive and kicking after 13/14 years to a game that has only been around for 5 years because no other game has been there to compete with it.

Jblizzard
03-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Asherons Call > EQ any day

SWG pre-cu was the bomb

todays gaming is owned by WoW and hardly any other companies got the guts to try and make a game with a different play style

IMO anyways

Glides
03-12-2010, 05:50 PM
True and False all at the same time.

EQ did not start the MMO, it just happened to be the biggest one to date. Ultima Online was the first MMORPG to actually take off and get a foot hold. It featured 3d graphics and already had an established community. It was out 2 years before EQ was. EQ came second in 1999. MMORPGS had already been out in China and the East before they took hold in America.

EQ was the second one, it just popularized the genre...it didn't create it by any stretch of the imagination. But, it was the most commercially successful for 5 years. Asherons Call came out just after EQ did too. Ultima Online, Everquest and Asherons call are the 3 big first runner games.

Dark Age of Camelot came out not too long after Everquest, about 2 years, and a HUGE amount of people bailed on EQ to go play that. Before that was Diablo 2 who had the had the backing of Battle.net behind them. Both became huge dents in the side of EQ with Dark Age of Camelot becoming the direct competitor of EQ putting a very nice sized dent in EQ's revenue.

Comparing EQ to WoW is actually a bit comical anyway. WoW is MUCH easier for the casual gamer than EQ ever could have hoped to be for one simple reason. Instances. Instances are a casual gamers best friend for raiding and gear acquisition. I don't know about yo, but "Spawn Camping" is NOT conducive to casual gaming in the least. The only "Spawn Camping" you had to do in WoW was world bosses. Then it came down knowing the spawn times and your guild being badassed enough to kick the ass of any guild that came to try to take them from you.

The only problem with WoW, which wasn't a problem with me, was 40 man raids. You had to really put some time into the game to be able to run 40 man raids. I was a guild leader so I had no problems and I always had people who were commited enough, an overabundance really. That's why my guild was first to MC, first to BWL, first to open AQ, first on world bosses, first through Cthun on our server and the first just keep coming. Those were fun days.

When they went to 25 man raids, I quit raiding hardcore. I did the grinds, Grand Marshall grind, I ground Sporagger rep with a prot warrior and a 2 hander....stupid stuff but didn't raid near as hardcore as I used too because half the fun for me was 4 hour raids trying to get 39 other people to bend to your will and do something at once without fucking it up.

WoW was much funner than any other game I had played to date and i've been gaming since Starcraft. Diablo 2, Dark Age of Camelot, LOTR, Warhammer, Eve, WoW, City of Heros....and on and on. Though I will say, PVP in DAoC was much cooler than WoW, i'll always think that.

So I hate to burst the bubble, but EQ doesn't hold a candle to WoW for ease of playing, ease of questing and ease of pretty much anything. Yes, it was a groundbreaker....when the ground was barren.

I will say this, without EQ, WoW would never be the smooth playable game it is, they learned alot from EQ's screw-ups. Go team Venture!

MachNU
03-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Asherons Call > EQ any day

SWG pre-cu was the bomb

todays gaming is owned by WoW and hardly any other companies got the guts to try and make a game with a different play style

IMO anyways

Without a doubt, first 6 months of SWG was fucking awesome.

EQ did not start the MMO, it just happened to be the biggest one to date. Ultima Online was the first MMORPG to actually take off and get a foot hold. It featured 3d graphics and already had an established community. It was out 2 years before EQ was. EQ came second in 1999. MMORPGS had already been out in China and the East before they took hold in America.

EQ was the second one, it just popularized the genre...it didn't create it by any stretch of the imagination. But, it was the most commercially successful for 5 years. Asherons Call came out just after EQ did too. Ultima Online, Everquest and Asherons call are the 3 big first runner games.

Dark Age of Camelot came out not too long after Everquest, about 2 years, and a HUGE amount of people bailed on EQ to go play that. Before that was Diablo 2 who had the had the backing of Battle.net behind them. Both became huge dents in the side of EQ with Dark Age of Camelot becoming the direct competitor of EQ putting a very nice sized dent in EQ's revenue.

Comparing EQ to WoW is actually a bit comical anyway. WoW is MUCH easier for the casual gamer than EQ ever could have hoped to be for one simple reason. Instances. Instances are a casual gamers best friend for raiding and gear acquisition. I don't know about yo, but "Spawn Camping" is NOT conducive to casual gaming in the least. The only "Spawn Camping" you had to do in WoW was world bosses. Then it came down knowing the spawn times and your guild being badassed enough to kick the ass of any guild that came to try to take them from you.

The only problem with WoW, which wasn't a problem with me, was 40 man raids. You had to really put some time into the game to be able to run 40 man raids. I was a guild leader so I had no problems and I always had people who were commited enough, an overabundance really. That's why my guild was first to MC, first to BWL, first to open AQ, first on world bosses, first through Cthun on our server and the first just keep coming. Those were fun days.

When they went to 25 man raids, I quit raiding hardcore. I did the grinds, Grand Marshall grind, I ground Sporagger rep with a prot warrior and a 2 hander....stupid stuff but didn't raid near as hardcore as I used too because half the fun for me was 4 hour raids trying to get 39 other people to bend to your will and do something at once without fucking it up.

WoW was much funner than any other game I had played to date and i've been gaming since Starcraft. Diablo 2, Dark Age of Camelot, LOTR, Warhammer, Eve, WoW, City of Heros....and on and on. Though I will say, PVP in DAoC was much cooler than WoW, i'll always think that.

So I hate to burst the bubble, but EQ doesn't hold a candle to WoW for ease of playing, ease of questing and ease of pretty much anything. Yes, it was a groundbreaker....when the ground was barren.

I will say this, without EQ, WoW would never be the smooth playable game it is, they learned alot from EQ's screw-ups. Go team Venture!

Again like you said True / False. WoW like I said and you keep saying is based souly for casual gamers, EQ was based more around hardcore gamers. To me that was the best. Trust me I have played dam near ever MMO under the sun, which has been discussed in past MMO related threads. But I think our opinion of MMO's just differ. You seem to be more attracted to PvP based games, where as I am more into PvE games. Hell that was the only reason I could not get into Lineage. To much hardcore based PvP. But like I said I value a game more on its playability and depth of content vs graphics.

But like I said EQ to me was the greatest because it really layed the foundation for SWG, CoH, GW, LoTR, War and WoW. It figured alot of things out, but still to date no company has been able to match what EQ was, that and the industry is more defined by the causal gamers as where 10 years ago it was the hardcore gamers that defined how the MMO's ran.

NJSC
03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Diablo 3 is coming out supposedly sometime this year too

Glides
03-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Again like you said True / False. WoW like I said and you keep saying is based souly for casual gamers, EQ was based more around hardcore gamers. To me that was the best. Trust me I have played dam near ever MMO under the sun, which has been discussed in past MMO related threads. But I think our opinion of MMO's just differ. You seem to be more attracted to PvP based games, where as I am more into PvE games. Hell that was the only reason I could not get into Lineage. To much hardcore based PvP. But like I said I value a game more on its playability and depth of content vs graphics.

But like I said EQ to me was the greatest because it really layed the foundation for SWG, CoH, GW, LoTR, War and WoW. It figured alot of things out, but still to date no company has been able to match what EQ was, that and the industry is more defined by the causal gamers as where 10 years ago it was the hardcore gamers that defined how the MMO's ran.

I can dig it man. I love PVE, much more than I do PVP. I just like my PVE when I want it, I hate having to spawn camp, get in the middle of a boss and then someone roll in and mess it up. Dark Ages was the same way on rare spawns.

I can see why you have fond memories of EQ, it was a front runner of the technology and i'm sure alot of people carry fond memories of it. A good friend of mine loved it and still does, she tells me sotries all the time. I still have fond memories of sitting aroudn on Saturday night, with pimples and an outlawed Crown royal bag filled with dice making war in D&D. Those were fun days too.
:D

MachNU
03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I can dig it man. I love PVE, much more than I do PVP. I just like my PVE when I want it, I hate having to spawn camp, get in the middle of a boss and then someone roll in and mess it up. Dark Ages was the same way on rare spawns.

I can see why you have fond memories of EQ, it was a front runner of the technology and i'm sure alot of people carry fond memories of it. A good friend of mine loved it and still does, she tells me sotries all the time. I still have fond memories of sitting aroudn on Saturday night, with pimples and an outlawed Crown royal bag filled with dice making war in D&D. Those were fun days too.
:D

Hell I think in my 5 years of playing EQ, I only saw 40% of the area's, maybe 30% of the end instances, and only ever capped 1 char! :lmfao:

Dont worry me and some friends where talking the other day about the good old days of Magic the Gathering... now I am not near as old as you so magic was our D&D of the time! :lmfao:

Lancer Rage
03-12-2010, 06:29 PM

Thats exactly the point though, EQ wasn't meant to be easy and thats why I dont want to play a easy MMO now because I like the more hardcore ones. Just like how when AION first came out and alot of WoW players jumped ship to play it then they found out it wasn't easy like WoW was and they quit AION. The main thing the WoW players were complaining about that I saw was it took to long to level. The more hardcore MMO has more adults playing, WoW definately has alot of 12 and 13 year olds playing it...I have a 13 year old cousin who plays it all the time.

MachNU
03-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Thats exactly the point though, EQ wasn't meant to be easy and thats why I dont want to play a easy MMO now because I like the more hardcore ones. Just like how when AION first came out and alot of WoW players jumped ship to play it then they found out it wasn't easy like WoW was and they quit AION. The main thing the WoW players were complaining about that I saw was it took to long to level. The more hardcore MMO has more adults playing, WoW definately has alot of 12 and 13 year olds playing it...I have a 13 year old cousin who plays it all the time.

yep my point. Hell it pissed me off that I started the game the month it came out with a hunter and hunters where hard to level then but fun. When they where leveled and geared right they where deadly in both DPS and PvP. Then people started bitching when alot more kids came through. Then few years later when the caps up to 80 and hunters get there, get fully geared and can fucking go toe to toe with a pally or warrior and eat them up...guess what people bitched. Then hunters got nerfed.

Blizzard spends more time catering to the causals, even though they do make up the largest % fo subscribers, than making the game fun for all. Hell if they made a vanilla server like they once suggested of exp only up to the 60 cap I would gladly go back. Least when the game first came out it was actually difficult and required skill to level and not just some 1 week semi marathon to be at 80.

MachNU
03-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I might have to look into AION. When I first read the reviews on that it was desribed to be more like WoW, so I did not even want to waste my money on it. If its more a hardcore style game then it might be interesting.

Got Milk?
03-12-2010, 07:51 PM
suprisly it is. I went back and tried it after about 7 years away from it and the game still has roughly 100k sub. But I dont think you will enjoy it, if your going from modern games of today to a game that was developed back in 97 and still moves along those tracks.

This explains why I didnt like it. :goodjob:

Glides
03-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I can agree on both of those points. WoW is an easy level grind. As it should be in my eyes. Sure you have more people at the top levels but that just means you need to be that much better than they do.

I compare taking 4 months to level to a cap to getting punched in the cods over and over again. Whoever wants to spend THAT much time levelling is a masochist. AION was no different than any other MMO where you kill monster after monster after monster to get experience.

Now, as for WoW being leaned at towards the casuals, in a way it is. But in a way it isn't. WoW is the perfect middle of the road game. You can be as casual or as hardcore as you want and still manage to get something accomplished. If you want to raid every night for 4 hours, you can. If you want to do Arena's for 4 hours a night, you can. If you want to do Arena's for 1 hour a night....well you can do that too.

That is the reason that WoW has I think around 11.5 million subscribers worldwide now. Because it's a game for everyone. Look at the "Hardcore" games, their subscriber count is low, they don't get updated as much and they stagnate leaving only the hardcore players there. No thanks. It is for some folks, but not really for me. I like alot of people, alot of things to do, places to go and things to kill. WoW fit that bill perfectly.

Now AION is a bit different but ONLY because it has such a huge following in Asia. It's a gorgeous game, it's the new wave of games that are starting to come out where the graphics are amazing. WoW's graphics are aged now, the cartoony look is losing it's appeal to a lot of people. The first company that can combine the ease of play, the constant updating of content and the graphics of the new era....will do very well.

I would also agree, a level 60 cap server would draw alot of people back, myself included. And as for nerfs.....LOL that is a sport in and of itself with WoW. Some class...somewhere...at some time...is getting the nerf bat in WoW. Just pick a class and a day and WHAMMO.

MachNU
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I can agree with alot of those points to. But WoW is not middle of the road it is a pure causal based game. Someone like myself as a hardcore gamer can see all aspects of WoW in under 3-4 months worth of playing. Hell when the last exp. came out, I was the 6th person that night to hit 71 and one of the first 75 alliance side to hit 80. Within 1 month after 80 I had already raided on all levels with my guild for the raids that where open. I mean litterally I had the top gear for my hunter within 5 weeks of the WoTK expansion. To me WoW was just to easy. Hell thats why I would prefer a vanilla server because that was when the game was still geared towards hardcore players.

But like every other game, it starts as a geared towards hardcore players and then if its good within 6 months the migration of casuals will alter the course of the game in their favor.

To me I think that a company to be successful needs to come out with not only RP, PvP and PvE servers but servers dedicated towards the hardcore players and servers dedicated towads the casuals.

Vteckidd
03-13-2010, 12:21 PM
what about STAR TREK online? didnt that just get launched has anyone played it?

Got Milk?
03-13-2010, 04:56 PM
^^

hmmm, im gonna go do some research on it.

Got Milk?
03-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UqlhSVFTJY

PVP in space?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28LeVWRx6E

10 minute video, air battle, ground battle, mix up:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85YJLyqBM1s

overall, looks different from all others, might wanna give it a try.

sirkus
03-29-2010, 12:47 AM
I played starwars galaxies for about a year. It was fun.. then I got a girlfriend and lost my interest/free time. They had Jump to light speed or something like that expansion pack. You could fly ships and stuff.

I played WoW for a while before it too.. but it was a little boring to me. I don't know why.

BeyondaGrave
03-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Its hard to find a good RPG these days. I played Asheron's Call, Lineage 2, Age of Conan, and LOTR. Asheron's Call even though it started back in 1997ish still has to be the best RPG game I have ever played.

ct9a gsr
03-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Every game listed in this thread so far, w/ th exception of L2, was/is trash. Sadly, I've played almost every one of these games too... I've come to the conclusion that games that require skill are MUCH more fun than MMO's... RTS = win

T.S.
04-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Since vanilla WOW, World of Warcraft has become easier and easier to get gear and to kill bosses. I sold my Prot warrior and shammy for almost a grand on ebay to some noob that didnt know what the fuck he was doing probably. I had one of the best geared prot warriors on my server and I was in one of the best alliance guilds in the world. They were normally first for everything. I am waiting patiently for SC2 and diablo 3 to come out. I am done with WOW. 3/4 of the people playing now have never even stepped foot into any of the orginal instances or know jack shit about what the game is really about.

But to what the OP was talking about.. Nothing currently is going to top the content of WOW unfortunately. No one can afford to make a game that is in detail as WOW. Nor does any other game manufacturer have the following the Blizzard has. Shit I still play orginal SC from 96' and rock diablo 2 every once in a while. Best of luck finding something you will enjoy.. =) I am going to go play paperboy from nintendo on my 50" lcd. ;)

Greddypacked
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Yeah they got alot of new stuff coming up for FFXI, they just announced a lot of new content last week at Vanafest. The biggest one is the increase of the level cap to 99 from 75 which is probably gonna take a zillion xp to get lol. Theres still plenty of things left to do in FFXI that I've never done even after 7 years that I need to do lol. I played EQ from about 2000-2003, and then when FFXI came out I slowly left EQ behind. This game is like crack once you get into it plus I was playing with a real life friend which makes it better, we left EQ together and went to ffxi. But once FFXIV comes out I'll be leaving FFXI, and my friend is gonna keep my character so he can dual box.

FFXI to lvl 99 now WOW oh SH!T. That means they will have to level up all the mobs in the game. I stopped playing ffxi a year ago and thought it was a well made game. It wasnt for the kids really, or the easy gamer. It was competitive and a game you had to do research on to prevail.