PDA

View Full Version : 97 honda civic ex vtec 1.6

DustinT2219
03-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Hey ok my friend car is messing up his car will start but it dies after about just as quick as it starts up. It getting spark and fuel but he just wanting to know why it want stay started if anyone can let us know please do so thanks

VTECking
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Check the Idle Air Control Valve.

98blackcivic
03-11-2010, 10:15 PM
check the dizzy

Theycall_Metue
03-11-2010, 11:44 PM
there is no where close to enough info
bad gas
vac leak
air idle control
dirty fuel filter
dirty fuel line
DIRTY AIR FILTER

i can go on forever with the info you give us

Turbodude06
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey ok my friend car is messing up his car will start but it dies after about just as quick as it starts up. It getting spark and fuel but he just wanting to know why it want stay started if anyone can let us know please do so thanks

^I have no idea what you just said:thinking:.....

(Hey ok, my friends car is messed up.. It will start but dies just as quick as it starts up. Its gettting spark and fuel, but he just wants to know why its not staying running, if anyone can help let us know...):goodjob:

-Is the firing order right?
-Timing good?

DustinT2219
03-15-2010, 05:43 PM
well he is saying that he can spray some kind of fluid in there and it will stay running but when he stop sraying it will die i can give you guys his number and you guys can text him your best opions or advice thanks ia

preferredduck
03-16-2010, 06:33 AM
well he is saying that he can spray some kind of fluid in there and it will stay running but when he stop sraying it will die i can give you guys his number and you guys can text him your best opions or advice thanks ia

that sounds fun, i have seen this done but i don't remember why we had to do it? i'll ask my bro later today.

DustinT2219
03-17-2010, 06:16 PM
the car will start for a second and then dies i have replaced the fuell filter ,injectors, fuel rail and the fuel pressures between 50 and 60 psi the car is getting fire and i have replace throttle body but beleaqve tps is bad. if i spray starter fluid in the motor it will stay running but when i stop spraying it dies. i beleave its not getting enough fuel and idk why thanks for all your opinions i need the car running

BAC
03-18-2010, 08:03 AM
^^^ i thought it was ur friend's car?

Patterson
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
is there an aftermarket alarm on the car?