PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday: Leaked Walmart Deals For That Day

Brett
11-01-2005, 12:02 PM
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Someone may have let the cat out of Wal-Mart's Black Friday bag early -- and it looks like the No. 1 retailer's ready to aggressively battle on prices in the weeks ahead by going very low on some hot products.

And here's what to expect: A Hewlett-Packard Pavilion ze2308wm notebook computer for $398; an HP Photosmart E317 digital camera for $98.88; a Lexmark all-in-one printer, scanner and copier for $39.88; and a 12-cup coffeemaker, food chopper or 2 qt. slow cooker for just $4.24.

Typically Wal-Mart (Research) and other retailers debut the eagerly awaited day-after-Thanksgiving specials a few days in advance. Wal-Mart hasn't officially debuted its Black Friday ads, but the information appears to have been leaked to a few Web sites.

Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Webber told CNN/Money that she was not aware that the information about the retailer's specific Black Friday sales was already public information. However, Webber said she would refer the matter to her colleagues.

"Last year Wal-Mart didn't discount heavily on Black Friday and the first week after. What happened? Comparable sales fell 3 percent," said Marshal Cohen, chief retail analyst with market research firm NPD Group. "This year Wal-Mart's making sure that it's not caught with pants down again. I'm shocked to see how low Wal-Mart is prepared to go this year."

The day after Thanksgiving is dubbed "Black Friday" because it's when retailers are said to finally move out of the red (representing losses) and into the black (profits). It also marks the start of the four-week shopping blitzkrieg leading up to Christmas.

Brad Olson, the founder of Gottadeal.com, a Web site that markets itself as the "official Black Friday deals site," told CNN/Money that he obtained Wal-Mart's Black Friday sales ad last week from "someone close to the production process for the ads."

"That's why I'm confident that these Wal-Mart deals are legitimate," Olson said.

According to Gottadeal.com, which posted the list of Wal-Mart's Black Friday bonanza on blackfriday.gottadeal.com, the retailer is apparently hoping to lure holiday shoppers by slashing prices on consumer electronics, DVDs, home products and toys.

Cohen said he saw the list on the Internet about a week ago and believes it to be legitimate.

"I don't think Wal-Mart intended for it to get out this early because there's an element of surprise involved. It definitely does create a buzz, but it also give its competition time to respond," said Cohen. "I think Wal-Mart will use some products to pull holiday shoppers in and use these as big bargain loss-leaders."

But he doesn't expect Wal-Mart to offer bargain basement prices on the must-have items like Apple's iPod Nano, which the retailer recently announced will be part of its "Home for the Holidays" campaign set to kick off Tuesday.

"You don't want to destroy the pricing structure on hot products by discounting everything deeply," Cohen said. "The rule of thumb is don't be overly promotional if you don't need to."

Jaimecbr900
11-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Can you imagine what the lines are gonna be like???? That's insane. You watch, somebody will end up getting hurt.

Brett
11-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Especially for that POS laptop. I bought my HP Latop from there 2 years ago, for $800 and it is the biggest POS!!!

Kevykev
11-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Some people are going to get killed, i'm not kidding either.

A.P. Photography
11-01-2005, 12:13 PM
I will be at home in the bed :D I am not about to get into a fight over some POS laptop or cheap ass juice maker.

Brett
11-01-2005, 12:14 PM
^^ Thats what Im sayin....

The Yousef
11-01-2005, 12:16 PM
damn....$398 for a notebook? someone is definetly going get hurt....hell i may just try to buy one...lol

A.P. Photography
11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
damn....$398 for a notebook? someone is definetly going get hurt....hell i may just try to buy one...lol
Yeah that would be a site. Your skinny ass against some fat redneck woman that weighs three times as much as you. She is in there with her gvm't check and that is billybob's christmas present and she is not about to let you take it from her.

5thgcelica
11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
I will be at home in the bed :D I am not about to get into a fight over some POS laptop or cheap ass juice maker.

word.

TranceDJ06
11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
..just imagine the line for the xbox 360 at 12 am.

A.P. Photography
11-01-2005, 12:26 PM
..just imagine the line for the xbox 360 at 12 am.
Those are all pre-ordered and come out on the 22nd so there will not be that big of a rush for them.

TranceDJ06
11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
wal mart doesnt do pre- orders.
First come first serve at wal-mart. :goodjob:

CRVTech
11-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Things I am not looking forward to: November 22 when the stupid Xbox comes out = thousands of little punks trying to steal them. And being at work at four in the morning on Black Friday.

A.P. Photography
11-01-2005, 12:33 PM
wal mart doesnt do pre- orders.
First come first serve at wal-mart. :goodjob:
Still doesn't matter as they have limited available and they come out on the 22nd. I think most were only getting 30 or so per store. Those will be gone in 5 mins.

The Yousef
11-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah that would be a site. Your skinny ass against some fat redneck woman that weighs three times as much as you. She is in there with her gvm't check and that is billybob's christmas present and she is not about to let you take it from her.

i can take her!!! i'll whip out some kung fu indian curry tae kwan doe shit on her morbidly obese ass!!!

A.P. Photography
11-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Ya better bring a dump truck full of it then.

civic95
11-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Lexmark = Garbage

Coffemaker for $4.24? I'll spend the extra $15 and miss the mayhem.

These people kill me just like on back to school tax free day. I'm not getting in that mess to save $20 or so dollars. If you spent $300, thats $21 dollars in tax you just saved. But you drove around for an hour looking for a spot, and you stood in line for an hour to buy it.

MachNU
11-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Still doesn't matter as they have limited available and they come out on the 22nd. I think most were only getting 30 or so per store. Those will be gone in 5 mins.

Nope, do you ever wonder why they only did pre-orders up to a certain time/amount? Thats becuase until i think christmas there will only be enough 360's to cover all the pre-orders. There wont be a limited amount jsut 1 for every pre-order there was.

A.P. Photography
11-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Nope, do you ever wonder why they only did pre-orders up to a certain time/amount? Thats becuase until i think christmas there will only be enough 360's to cover all the pre-orders. There wont be a limited amount jsut 1 for every pre-order there was.
lol, that is a limited amount.

MachNU
11-01-2005, 01:21 PM
:confused: :doh: :drunk: :ky: :gulp: :surrender

DriftGirl
11-01-2005, 02:16 PM
I'll be there...ready to rumble, wit my cheap ass! :D