PDA

View Full Version : torque

slimm
03-11-2010, 09:17 AM
im loving my new head. the valve adjustment has her running hard. any suggestions to making her a bit more torquey.

general setup:
jdm d15b
z6 head

let me know if you need a bit more info.

Theycall_Metue
03-11-2010, 09:39 AM
no matter what, you will not improve torque with a 4 banger
you'll have to go boost if you want torque. some stroke 4 bangers to get alittle out of them but i dont think there's any bigger crank for d series

Barefoot
03-11-2010, 09:42 AM
nope none at all. its a what u see is what u get kinda thing.

Theycall_Metue
03-11-2010, 09:43 AM
more torque = more gas
hondas are made for top end power
vtec = lose torque
torque = wheel spin
torque + light car = lots of wheel spin

my point is, you dont need torque in a honda
if you want better acceleration, get short tube header? i think thats what you call them
better top end, get long tube header

slimm
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
kinda figured that. i was hoping i was wrong.

bearzilla74
03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
b series duh

Theycall_Metue
03-11-2010, 10:21 AM
b series duh
what a noob
b series is still a 4 banger

Black4DrEK
03-11-2010, 10:40 AM
^ STFU

Its a SOHC... Thats IT! nothing to really do for "cheap upgrade"

Patterson
03-11-2010, 12:46 PM
^ uhhh nitrous duhh... :D j/k i've sprayed many of them and they love it

DC2NR
03-11-2010, 04:46 PM
homemade turbo with a tune :D

preferredduck
03-12-2010, 02:14 AM
well of you take a vtec head to the machine shop and swap it it would help, then an intake, I Manifold, a 4-1 header and a decent exhauet, port matching some of thhe parts that bolt on, then bu a cam!! or just go b-series like me but in a honda asanother poster put it gratly, high revving motor equals less torque, but there are things to make to make torque on a honda but you gotta spend some money.

boosted b
03-12-2010, 05:47 AM
what he said

slimm
03-12-2010, 10:27 AM
well of you take a vtec head to the machine shop and swap it it would help, then an intake, I Manifold, a 4-1 header and a decent exhauet, port matching some of thhe parts that bolt on, then bu a cam!! or just go b-series like me but in a honda asanother poster put it gratly, high revving motor equals less torque, but there are things to make to make torque on a honda but you gotta spend some money.
i plan to go b in the future, but i want to see what kinda numbers i can produce with this d. i gotta nice came, 4-2-1 header, nice exhaust system and a few other lil thangs that i like. i think my problem is i came off of v8s and im expecting major power gains easily, not realizing this is a 4 banger. its cool. by the time im finished, i plan to have at least 220 to the wheels. more if i do it right.

Theycall_Metue
03-12-2010, 11:42 AM
i plan to go b in the future, but i want to see what kinda numbers i can produce with this d. i gotta nice came, 4-2-1 header, nice exhaust system and a few other lil thangs that i like. i think my problem is i came off of v8s and im expecting major power gains easily, not realizing this is a 4 banger. its cool. by the time im finished, i plan to have at least 220 to the wheels. more if i do it right.
hard to make over 200 horse N/A with 4 banger
even 150+ need alot of money put into it
the best and cheapest way is boost

its either weight or power
this is why most people mod crx, the lightest car known to man kind before all those crazy obd3 hybrid cars

Black4DrEK
03-12-2010, 12:05 PM
150+ is NOT hard.. LOL

Maybe with a Single Slammer

Theycall_Metue
03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
hes with a singer slammer atm, thats why i stated it lol

slimm
03-12-2010, 12:41 PM
hard to make over 200 horse N/A with 4 banger
even 150+ need alot of money put into it
the best and cheapest way is boost

its either weight or power
this is why most people mod crx, the lightest car known to man kind before all those crazy obd3 hybrid cars

who said anything about N/A??? i said im going to make 220 to the wheels. i didnt say how...

G.C
03-12-2010, 01:22 PM
more torque = more gas
vtec = lose torque
torque = wheel spin

if you want better acceleration, get short tube header? i think thats what you call them

Omg please stfu.

DC2NR
03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Omg please stfu.

:cheers:

preferredduck
03-13-2010, 06:19 PM

also most V8's are not tuned like a honda motor from the factory, hence a bolt on on a mustang is way more power than on a civic. the civic motor was engineered to the max almost and that is why they run the way they do and that is a really good thing. think about it, what V8 do you know that gets 100hp/liter or better. none, only honda has pulled this off really. there are several ways to go to get power on any honda motor but i think the most used platform is a b16a. if you put a b16a head on a b20(honda crv) block and made sure you put a vtec oil pump on it it would have alot more torque, trust me on this it's the only thing left for me to do on my SI besides hrad work and boost, and i'm not getting any boost for sure!!!

preferredduck
03-13-2010, 06:22 PM
more torque = more gas
vtec = lose torque
torque = wheel spin

wTF????

a 4-1 header is for top end, a 4-2-1 is for low to mid range, try putting a long pipe on a honda, i'll come and watch the fun!!!:???:

slimm
03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
also most V8's are not tuned like a honda motor from the factory, hence a bolt on on a mustang is way more power than on a civic. the civic motor was engineered to the max almost and that is why they run the way they do and that is a really good thing. think about it, what V8 do you know that gets 100hp/liter or better. none, only honda has pulled this off really. there are several ways to go to get power on any honda motor but i think the most used platform is a b16a. if you put a b16a head on a b20(honda crv) block and made sure you put a vtec oil pump on it it would have alot more torque, trust me on this it's the only thing left for me to do on my SI besides hrad work and boost, and i'm not getting any boost for sure!!!

o...k...