PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been scamed with fake job adds?

ARH1192
03-11-2010, 07:55 AM
I've been looking for a new job. E-mailed my resume to a few postings on Monster.com and craigslist. Well I got a call yesterday from a lady saying she really liked what she saw on my resume blah blah blah and she was a 3rd party hiring agency? Never heard of that before. Well she goes on to saying that she thinks I'm exactly what the company hired her to find. Says shes going to send them them my resume and should be expecting a phone interview. I say ok sounds good and hang up. She calls right back and says that she would like for me to make a couple small changes to my resume and to call her back when I was free. Then she asked if I was at work at the moment and I said yea, then she said I didnt hear you did you say you were at work?

Wondering if she was trying to record me saying "yes"?

How much damage if any could someone do with my resume and e-mail address? I didn't give any personal info. No credit card number, bank account info, nor my ssn. Just wondering if I should worry about it?

Jblizzard
03-11-2010, 08:03 AM
no damage at all. Don't worry about it.

call her back and get any info about her or the 3rd party agency as you can.

then search it all up and see what you find

ARH1192
03-11-2010, 08:06 AM
no damage at all. Don't worry about it.

call her back and get any info about her or the 3rd party agency as you can.

then search it all up and see what you find

Pride Personnel Placement

http://prideplacement.com/ (http://prideplacement.com/default.aspx)

Pretty shitty website. I expect the next "phone interview" to go something like this: "It is mandatory we do background and credit checks, can you please give me you ssn..."

Bajjani
03-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Employers Tab reads

Ullnder Construction

ARH1192
03-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Yea, I'm almost certain it's a scam. No address, just a P.O. Box #

Jblizzard
03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
ask her what company she thinks you fit for..if no answer then hang it up.

if she gives you a company, tell her you'll get back to her and research it.