PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Lol, based on some of the stuff i've ''learned''...i must ask

teh_mugen18
03-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I think this setup ought to push in the high 170s - 190s maybe on a good tune? :D

Take a look:

-B18a1 block
-stock ls rods
-ACL race bearings
-micropolished/balanced assembly
-12:1 CR pistons
-ARP rod bolts
-ARP head studs
-P72 obd1 GSR head
-3angle valve job
-70mm throttlebody
-adjustable FPR
-SK2 Pro1 Cams or ITR cams(if they can be found...and if i find ITR cams, itll be safe to say ill need ITR valve train too right?)
-AEM adjustable cam gears
-RMF replica header(?)

Nothing too crazy, or expensive... just stuff that could/should work well together and put down a nice set of numbers... Thoughts, Opinions? :goodjob:

03-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I think this setup ought to push in the high 170s - 190s maybe on a good tune? :D

Take a look:

-B18a1 block
-stock ls rods
-ACL race bearings
-micropolished/balanced assembly
-12:1 CR pistons
-ARP rod bolts
-ARP head studs
-P72 obd1 GSR head
-3angle valve job
-70mm throttlebody
-adjustable FPR
-SK2 Pro1 Cams or ITR cams(if they can be found...and if i find ITR cams, itll be safe to say ill need ITR valve train too right?)
-AEM adjustable cam gears
-DC Sports header

Nothing too crazy, or expensive... just stuff that could/should work well together and put down a nice set of numbers... Thoughts, Opinions? :goodjob:

With the pro 1's and this setup u SHOULD(DOESN'T MEAN U WILL)make 170-190whp.But i would do a b16 head instead and a kiddracing header. and if ur doing 12:1 pistons, why stay with the stock rods???? You're gonna build the motor this way and use stock rods???

teh_mugen18
03-10-2010, 06:34 PM
With the pro 1's and this setup u SHOULD(DOESN'T MEAN U WILL)make 170-190whp.But i would do a b16 head instead and a kiddracing header. and if ur doing 12:1 pistons, why stay with the stock rods???? You're gonna build the motor this way and use stock rods???

Yeahhh....sortof budget build. Not made for spray, or anything like that. I said to myself, if i put forged rods in a motor, then its gonna be something for either a turbo or nitrous. And this is going to be neither, just a Daily driver with some bite to it. Therefore, oem rods should be strong enough. :D

as far as the pistons, i was going to get probably P30's (b16 pistons?) It would equal probably more like an 11.5:1 CR though, right?

Black4DrEK
03-10-2010, 06:57 PM
NO DC HEADER!!

TRi Y.. or RMF style..

And Fuck a GSR head... B16 ftw..

teh_mugen18
03-10-2010, 09:46 PM
^^LOL why does everyone hate the GSR head??

I personally like that little ''bump'' in compression they give, and its not like they have bad flow either

Black4DrEK
03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
How many times you gonna make a thread like this anyways??

Didnt you just do your NA build? how many are you doing?

Fastlife Mag
03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
All of that for only 190 hp?

EKteknoMunkey
03-10-2010, 09:51 PM
most people say that because they're boost heads and b16 has low compression me on the other hand i like high compression on my motor so im with u with gsr head on that one. also i am interested in also finding out do you need to build the head to put pro1s or itr came on?

Black4DrEK
03-10-2010, 09:55 PM
^ Yea you need Springs and Retainers..

teh_mugen18
03-10-2010, 09:59 PM
How many times you gonna make a thread like this anyways??

Didnt you just do your NA build? how many are you doing?

lol....til i get as many answers as i can... im still in the process of learning everything, and i dont wanna go around throwing money in the air and in the end not having stuff run as good as it could, had i done better research in the beginning... :goodjob:

no, i havent done any more building either, i've only done one. which is currently in my car, running, tuned, and as far as im concerned its done. I'm not touching it anymore. My next one, is the one where i told you about that extra block i have laying around, that is what i'm asking about..

bigdare23
03-10-2010, 10:01 PM
What 12:1 pistons are you going to mount of stock rods? Most aftermarket rods won't fit stock rods.

teh_mugen18
03-10-2010, 10:32 PM
What 12:1 pistons are you going to mount of stock rods? Most aftermarket rods won't fit stock rods.

I'm not sure... I was under the assumption that B16 pistons were around that 12:1 area, but they're more like 11.5:1, aren't they? If they are, thats not really too much of an issue.

bigdare23
03-10-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure... I was under the assumption that B16 pistons were around that 12:1 area, but they're more like 11.5:1, aren't they? If they are, thats not really too much of an issue.

Yeah, p30 pistons aren't going to put you over 12:1 unless you use a thin ass hg and mill your head. I would recommend those pistons since you're on a budget, and I have countless motors make 200hp with them. :goodjob:

Vteckidd
03-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Gsr block
gsr head
pr3 pistons
skunk2 stage 2 cams springs retainers or stock itr cams
itr/aebs intAke manifold
stock tb or itr tb
kiddracing header (or whatever you want I'm biased)
stock injectors
tune with Scotty

I would do a stock gsr longblock and not touch the internals at all I've made 180-185whp with those mods on a stock gsr without opening it up. But if you have to build a motor that's what I would do

teh_mugen18
03-10-2010, 10:48 PM
^^lol, i like that setup, it does look like it would do some work... only problem here is that mine is going to be on an LS block and (most likely) crank..

Everything would probably be just the same, only it would just make slightly more tq and slightly less hp right?

DC2NR
03-12-2010, 09:24 PM

Of course silly. Aftermarket rods and stock rods should never go together. :D

^^LOL why does everyone hate the GSR head??

I personally like that little ''bump'' in compression they give, and its not like they have bad flow either

I like the GSR head also. Only thing I like about the B16 is that they can use the ITR manifold if you can find one for cheap.