PDA

View Full Version : mountains, tomorrow

HiPSI
03-05-2005, 11:25 AM
it's that time... tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day and anyone that owns a bike should be out and riding. i am hitting the mountains tomorrow with a few others and anyone that would like to attend is welcome to come along, car or bike. we will most likely meet at the home depot in dawsonville around 10:30am and head out from there, but this is subject to change. bring your bike, wear your gear, and come on out.

Trey
03-05-2005, 12:05 PM
cross-poster :D

HiPSI
03-06-2005, 06:58 PM
bloody gorgeous day for a ride... time to go relax

chuck
03-06-2005, 08:55 PM
glad everything went smoothly, i should be into an 01 zx6-r in a couple weeks or so.

Jaimecbr900
03-07-2005, 02:59 PM
I was at Reynolds with ole girl. Ran a 11.3 @123 which was not too terribly bad considering I had a freaking super slow 2.3 60' time...... :(

I'm ready to go riding. I was talking to a couple of other buddies and they're ready too. I can probably get 5-6 guys easy.

Just for kicks, pics from yesterday:
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/DSM-Track-Day/IMG_0036.jpg
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/DSM-Track-Day/IMG_0038.jpg

MSTANGSALEEN
03-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Thinking of going to the commerce drag strip and see what I can do.

Jaimecbr900
03-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Thinking of going to the commerce drag strip and see what I can do.

What kind of bike?

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 10:33 PM
jaime, looks like fun, but i bet i had MORE :D.

but we do need to get all the correctly equipped IA bikers together for a mountain ride sometime. yesterday would've been perfect for a newbie ride because the roads were so empty, other than the the usual guys that pass you doing triple digits every chance they get ;)

Jaimecbr900
03-08-2005, 11:10 AM
jaime, looks like fun, but i bet i had MORE :D.

but we do need to get all the correctly equipped IA bikers together for a mountain ride sometime. yesterday would've been perfect for a newbie ride because the roads were so empty, other than the the usual guys that pass you doing triple digits every chance they get ;)

We should go up some Saturday or Sunday. I'd prefer a Saturday to give that extra day of rest, but I'll go either day.

Like I said, I've got like 6 guys that I can get to go with us. None are the knee-dragger type so it would definetly be a ride for fun.

UnEEk4DR
03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
i wanna go but im the slow guy haha

HiPSI
03-09-2005, 10:48 PM
slow, fast, it doesn't matter. it's all in fun and riding your own ride.

UnEEk4DR
03-10-2005, 12:15 AM
besides being slow, ive never had the bike faster than 65 and i would have to go up 75 to get out near you all........interstate scares the shit out of me

Jaimecbr900
03-10-2005, 03:02 PM
besides being slow, ive never had the bike faster than 65 and i would have to go up 75 to get out near you all........interstate scares the shit out of me

:thinking: Umm, and you ride your own bike? What's so scary about interstates? Actually coming around a blind 90 with the possibility of a wreck or sand scares me much more.

UnEEk4DR
03-10-2005, 03:38 PM
:thinking: Umm, and you ride your own bike? What's so scary about interstates? Actually coming around a blind 90 with the possibility of a wreck or sand scares me much more.

uhm yea i ride my own bike, is there a problem with not having gone faster than 65? Ive neer been on the interstate and i would rather not if possible. something about 5 semi trucks all riding next to me doesnt quite make me feel comfortable and seeing how people almost run people over or off the road in cars REALLY doesnt make me feel comfortable knowing im on something ALOT harder to see....to each his own

HiPSI
03-10-2005, 06:56 PM

agreed... if you're scared of the interstates then the mountains just aren't the place for you ;). there will be bikes whizzing by you doing triple digits and if you're scared of semi's then the motorhomes moving along 129 will scare your pants off.

AznTraitor
03-10-2005, 07:18 PM
agreed... if you're scared of the interstates then the mountains just aren't the place for you ;). there will be bikes whizzing by you doing triple digits and if you're scared of semi's then the motorhomes moving along 129 will scare your pants off.

heck, up in the mtns with hipsi I had a guy come flying around me and he tapped me on the shoulder with a hand....you wanna talk about being scared shitless....there you go.

UnEEk4DR
03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
well i have only been riding for about 2 weeks now also.......and that is off and on not everyday......i need some time to get comfortable on the bike..when i hit like 70 i feel like im floating and its a very wierd feeling to me

Jaimecbr900
03-10-2005, 09:25 PM
uhm yea i ride my own bike, is there a problem with not having gone faster than 65? Ive neer been on the interstate and i would rather not if possible. something about 5 semi trucks all riding next to me doesnt quite make me feel comfortable and seeing how people almost run people over or off the road in cars REALLY doesnt make me feel comfortable knowing im on something ALOT harder to see....to each his own

Listen, don't get upset at me because you're scared of something. You mentioned it, not I. I was asking because it seemed like an oxymoron. Why would you ride a bike if you're scared of traffic????? That's one of the beauties of motorcycles. It's mobility. The same tractor trailers you're afraid of in a motorcycle are the same exact ones you drive by in a car. You really don't have much more "protection" inside a car vs a tractor trailer really. In a motorcycle, atleast you can twist your right hand and get out of the way a lot quicker than just about any car.

I'm sorry, but you are the very first person in my 35 yrs of life that I've heard of being scared of traffic yet rides a motorcycle.

I just couldn't handle going 55 or even 65 mph on the highway if I didn't have to. Up in the mountains around tight corners, fine. On the highway? Not only will it make the trip painfully long, but you'll probably not ever make it because you'll get run-over by cars driving normal speeds.

UnEEk4DR
03-10-2005, 09:36 PM
thats why i dont ride on highways yet, ALSO if you notice ive only been riding for about 2 weeks.......im sure you just jumped on your bike and hit 100mph on the interstates and highways the first day right? Im sure........uhm and besides being in a car with 4 wheels that makes it a little more stable when you get wind buffering compared to a bike that gets blown around it does make you feel a little more safe inside a car. sorry maybe i will be a hardcore rider like you one day.......i didnt know it was a crime to own a bike and respect knowing your limits instead of jumping on it and hauling ass and killing yourself because you thought had nothing to be worried about.

and i never said i was afraid of traffic, i ride to and from work almost on a daily basis (weather permitting). i have no problem riding around town at 45-55mph but its a big difference when you have jackasses cuttin 4 lanes to jump off and exit and not watching who is around them.

David88vert
03-10-2005, 10:17 PM
I was at Reynolds with ole girl. Ran a 11.3 @123 which was not too terribly bad considering I had a freaking super slow 2.3 60' time...... :(

I'm ready to go riding. I was talking to a couple of other buddies and they're ready too. I can probably get 5-6 guys easy.

Just for kicks, pics from yesterday:
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/DSM-Track-Day/IMG_0036.jpg
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/DSM-Track-Day/IMG_0038.jpg

So that was you. I was in my RX7. We left the 929 at the house, but had considered bring it.

AznTraitor
03-11-2005, 08:04 AM
thats why i dont ride on highways yet, ALSO if you notice ive only been riding for about 2 weeks.......im sure you just jumped on your bike and hit 100mph on the interstates and highways the first day right? Im sure........uhm and besides being in a car with 4 wheels that makes it a little more stable when you get wind buffering compared to a bike that gets blown around it does make you feel a little more safe inside a car. sorry maybe i will be a hardcore rider like you one day.......i didnt know it was a crime to own a bike and respect knowing your limits instead of jumping on it and hauling ass and killing yourself because you thought had nothing to be worried about.

and i never said i was afraid of traffic, i ride to and from work almost on a daily basis (weather permitting). i have no problem riding around town at 45-55mph but its a big difference when you have jackasses cuttin 4 lanes to jump off and exit and not watching who is around them.

not saying anything negative towards you, but the second day I had my bike, I was tearing it up in the mountains in the rain....yeah...not too smart....I guess you need to build your coinfidence level up.....

Jaimecbr900
03-11-2005, 12:10 PM
So that was you. I was in my RX7. We left the 929 at the house, but had considered bring it.

This one?
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/DSM-Track-Day/IMG_0016.jpg

Jaimecbr900
03-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Or this one?:
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/DSM-Track-Day/IMG_0061.jpg

David88vert
03-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Neither, I was in the silver one.

Salty12
03-12-2005, 09:13 AM
we should get a 2-up ride some day... my gf can't stay off the back of my bike.

So if you guys ever want to get a passenger freindly ride together, i'm sure our ladies would love it. Maybe hit some mountains around mid day, and finish off with dinner in mid-town or little five somewhere.

We love riding downtown at night.. so much to see, so many place to stop and check things out. And when there's traffic, our group usualyl hits the sidewalk.

Just an idea for later on.

Jaimecbr900
03-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Neither, I was in the silver one.

My bad. So this is you then?:

http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/DSM-Track-Day/IMG_0040.jpg
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/DSM-Track-Day/IMG_0041.jpg

Jaimecbr900
03-14-2005, 09:54 AM
we should get a 2-up ride some day... my gf can't stay off the back of my bike.

So if you guys ever want to get a passenger freindly ride together, i'm sure our ladies would love it. Maybe hit some mountains around mid day, and finish off with dinner in mid-town or little five somewhere.

We love riding downtown at night.. so much to see, so many place to stop and check things out. And when there's traffic, our group usualyl hits the sidewalk.

Just an idea for later on.

Sounds good to me, except mine can't go for too long before she has to stop and stretch her back. I'm game though.