PDA

View Full Version : Religion More gas on the fire...

Starrfire
03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018048699

Well as you know Christians and Muslims don't get along. Their views kinda clash since someone has to be right. Anyways I learned of this news not of the internet or news channels but because we work with a lot of military aircraft. Selling parts and repairing various types of planes/helicopters. We are in the process of a 100 million dollar deal w/ the Nigerian government on getting their Aero Vodochody L39za fleet up and running since their previous maintenance program faded away.

But through first hand account learned that Nigeria is basically split between the north and south as far as muslim and christian religion goes. I also thought a funny thought of how they would know the person's religion to kill them. I thought of a funny story about small talk in a bar or something and then killing the person judged upon their answer.

So with over 500 christians dead, what do they do now? This is obviously not a "turn the other cheek" moment but a "god of war" moment. What could genocide accomplish? I know I will hear of retalliation before most would because my boss is over there right now with one of our czech pilots signing the last of the paperwork. In my eyes this entire event is just what the religious community here would love to do to others but the punishment would be steep, so they are kept in line better here.

As a Christian/Muslim how do you feel about the situation? What do you think should be done? Or as a Christian do you feel like going and "witnessing" to the Nigerian people?(Funniest option). Just want to see what people have to say on this matter.

5speed
03-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Nigeria is just FUBAR with and without religion. Adding religion into this especially conflicting ones of long history is just going to kill off their country including those enforcing the genocide. They will never be satisfied.

bam-bam
03-09-2010, 08:59 PM
VVV

geoff
03-10-2010, 09:20 AM
I say someone needs to go there Holy Spirit filled, and tell them about the love of Christ, provide shelter for the refugees, and food/medical supplies.

Starrfire
03-10-2010, 12:26 PM
^^^I say go tell the Muslims in Nigeria that lol.

5speed
03-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Its too bad the kids have to go through all that bullshit. Sad thing is even alot of them are fucked up in the head now and have no hope for anything so they become just as bad as the adults.

geoff
03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
another example of the cruelty of mankind...not God

Starrfire
03-10-2010, 07:52 PM
another example of the cruelty of mankind...not God
True, but they didn't base their decision on anything other than god. A lot of people have died because of who they prayed to.

geoff
03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I have said many times, the use of a god to kill has been just an excuse for the advancement of these peoples goals. In all reality all they are doing is trying to justify it by saying they are doing it because God or the gods told them to. I believe i saw a case once in law studies that had one serial murderer that claimed the Christian God wanted him to kill homosexuals, whores, ect....the words this man was saying did not in any way even have scriptual accuracy. This guy was making up quotes from the Bible and trying to pass it off.

5speed
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
To say they are doing in name of God or Allah would be against their religion. To say God is something he isnt according to both collections of scriptures would be considered idolatry.

Starrfire
03-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I have said many times, the use of a god to kill has been just an excuse for the advancement of these peoples goals. In all reality all they are doing is trying to justify it by saying they are doing it because God or the gods told them to. I believe i saw a case once in law studies that had one serial murderer that claimed the Christian God wanted him to kill homosexuals, whores, ect....the words this man was saying did not in any way even have scriptual accuracy. This guy was making up quotes from the Bible and trying to pass it off.

These people had nothing to gain from it, it was just what they believed they should do. It's not like they took shit, they killed all they could. It's not like they took slaves to rape, they killed any Christian they could get their hands on. What goal other than genocide did they attempt to reach?

geoff
03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Simply put is to strike fear into the hearts of the "infadels" and to further ENFORCE their beliefs onto an unwilling populous. Its funny how many americans say they are tired of christians forcing our beliefs on them, if witnessing and giving testimony is force-feeding then i wonder what the act in the article would be called? You don't see christian strapping bombs to themselves and running into a strip club yelling, " repent and love my God or die ". Christianity is supposed to be a message of love, peace, servitude, and acceptance.

ISAtlanta300
03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
These people had nothing to gain from it, it was just what they believed they should do. It's not like they took shit, they killed all they could. It's not like they took slaves to rape, they killed any Christian they could get their hands on. What goal other than genocide did they attempt to reach?

It did mention they were fighting over the use of land... so maybe that is the main goal...

Starrfire
03-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Well they sure have a funny way of showing they want it lol.

And Geoff, Christians do the same things these Muslims do also.

ISAtlanta300
03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Well they sure have a funny way of showing they want it lol.

Nothing new. As long as humans existed, they have battled over land....

geoff
03-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I am curious as to where christians have done this, and i'm not talking about the roman catholic church or anything like that. Show me where or when a Holy Ghost filled, apostolic following, love preaching christian has taken a life to further their goals or beliefs.

5speed
03-12-2010, 03:10 PM
The United States would be a good one.

geoff
03-12-2010, 05:12 PM
As the " annointed one " obama has stated, america is not a christian nation

5speed
03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I am talking about the beginning. The reason we went West.

geoff
03-12-2010, 05:35 PM
When the settlers came here they were the ones being persecuted, not the other way around

5speed
03-12-2010, 05:42 PM
When the settlers came here they were the ones being persecuted, not the other way around

They went West as in towards California and took the land from Natives and forced them to minuscule territories because they believed it was Gods will.

Manifest Destination

geoff
03-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Once again, that was not the biblical nor christian thing to do....another example of people using the fear of God to get there greedy motives accomplished.