PDA

View Full Version : 93 civic VX - motor bogs some at acceleration

Schugg
03-09-2010, 05:38 PM
At times when im driving and i slow down for a second, when i go back to accelerate its like the motor bogs down and wont get any response from the gas pedal. car has high miles, and i just did the water belt and timing belt a month or 2 back (pretty sure this was an issue before that tho), i have not checked the timing with a timing light or messed with the distributor since doing that tho. i have no CEL lights, not sure the last time the spark plugs or wires were changed, o2 sensor on header is pretty new, not sure about if or when the fuel pump or filter were ever replaced

Theycall_Metue
03-10-2010, 07:42 AM
car has high miles, and i just did the water belt and timing belt a month or 2 back (pretty sure this was an issue before that tho), not sure the last time the spark plugs or wires were changed, not sure about if or when the fuel pump or filter were ever replaced
you answer your question with your question.
it has high miles so you need a tune up.
check timing belt to make sure its right

99jdmLs
03-10-2010, 09:08 AM
when you go to accelerate and it bogs, does it jerk quickly and suddenly the power returns? kind of like a skip or hesitation.

hmong_Spec
03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
or maybe you're low on gas. lol. but yeah, most likely spark plugs, oil change, and wires.

Theycall_Metue
03-10-2010, 11:46 AM
when you go to accelerate and it bogs, does it jerk quickly and suddenly the power returns? kind of like a skip or hesitation.
if its like that then vac leak prob

Schugg
03-12-2010, 05:18 PM

no when it does it, and i go to accelerate it just starts out as being bogged down or whatever, then i either just ride it out and it will go fine after a few seconds, or i take my foot off and back on and that sometimes fixes it. but im prolly going to change a bunch of stuff soon then ill see if it still does it

5speed
03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
All of that and maybe transmission fluid. Have you checked that? I sure hope you keep up with that.

DC2NR
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Could be the problems you stated:

Bad wires/plugs
Bad coil
Clogged fuel pump/filter
Could also be due to bad injectors

Schugg
03-23-2010, 09:08 AM
got the plugs, plug wires, distro cap, ignition rotor all changed out sea foamed the gas and intake manifold and finally checked the timing........ after i let it idle for about 15 mins, i set the idle to the recommended 600, and my timing is lining up with the middle mark of the 3 at about 6 degrees!.....10 off from the 16 (+/- 2). but the distro was already adjusted all the way advanced/counter clockwise. will sliding the timing belt off the cam and turning it to the left or right 1 tooth fix this? if so, to retard it from that side which way would i need to adjust the teeth?