PDA

View Full Version : Toyota's accelerator problem strikes again.. LOL

MR2DR
03-08-2010, 10:39 PM
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/blotter/upload/2010/03/victims_from_bus_stop_crash_id/M5X140_6594_9.JPG

Victims from bus stop crash identified
By American-Statesman staff | Monday, March 8, 2010, 02:12 PM

Police today released the identities of two women who were struck by a car and killed Saturday morning as they waited at a bus stop on South First Street.

Maria N. Gaona De Corona, 53, and Adriana Morales-Catalán, 28, were killed about 7:30 a.m. when a car careened out of control and struck them, police said.

Austin police say the driver, Erick Armando Nuncio-Moreno, 19, was attempting to race another vehicle when he lost control.

Family members today said Corona was heading to her morning shift as a cook at Furr’s Cafeteria. Her house is less than a mile from the bus stop.

“She never asked anybody for rides,” said Corona’s son, Keith. “She was so prideful, she’d go out on her own.”

Morales-Catalán, who lived across the street from the bus stop, was heading to her job as a hotel housekeeper, family members said. She had taken the previous day off to celebrate her 28th birthday with her three young children.

“Estamos destrozados (We’re destroyed),” said Morales-Catalán’s sister-in-law, Balbina Morales-López.

Nuncio-Moreno has been charged with two counts of manslaughter, a second-degree felony. He is in custody and his bond has been set at $100,000.

According to his arrest affidavit, Nuncio-Moreno pulled up to the stop light at South First Street and Stassney Lane in his Toyota Celica sport coupe around 7:30 a.m. Saturday. He revved his engine at another driver, as if to initiate a street race, but that driver told police he heard the Celica’s engine and “knew it had something under the hood” and did not want to race, the affidavit said. When the light turned green, Nuncio-Moreno sped off, spinning the tires and heading north on South First Street, the affidavit said.

Nuncio-Moreno lost control of the Celica in the corner and left the roadway, striking the women at a Capital Metro bus stop near Emerald Wood Drive just north of Stassney Lane. One woman died at the scene, police said, and the other was taken to University Medical Center Brackenridge, where she died.

Another man who was waiting at the bus stop jumped out of the way before the crash and was not injured, police say. That man did not wish to speak to a reporter Saturday.

Nuncio-Moreno was pinned inside the Celica and had to be removed by the Austin Fire Department, the affidavit said. The bus stop was completely destroyed by the crash.

Witnesses estimated Nuncio-Moreno was driving between 75 and 90 mph, while the posted speed limit is 35 mph, the affidavit said. There were no skid marks on the road to indicate braking, the affidavit said. There was no evidence of alcohol being involved in the wreck, the affidavit said.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call APD Vehicular Homicide Unit Detectives at 974-4724.

http://www.facebook.com/enuncio1

tmracing83
03-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Damn.

MINI
03-08-2010, 11:17 PM
LOL he knew he had something under the hood...OF A CELICA lololo

K20Z1
03-08-2010, 11:29 PM
i hope he gets it in the anus in there

Mantooth
03-08-2010, 11:40 PM
I see nothing funny about this.

Kevykev
03-08-2010, 11:43 PM
i hate that the woman had to go like that. Damn incidents like this.

Got Milk?
03-09-2010, 12:17 AM
According to your thread tittle, you find this funny? Wow, just sad that 2 hard working people heading to work got killed by a fucking asshole not caring for anyone speeding down the road. These situation piss me the fuk off, I really hope he goes to prison and he drops the soap and gets fucked in the ass, and gets stabed 200 times and live just to feel all the pain.

GRRR >>>.<<<<

Got Milk?
03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I hope that's the celica drivers facebook, cus i just sent him one hell off a pissed off PM.

-EnVus-
03-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I hope they serve chicken with his Fried Beaner ass...

Me86Rob
03-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Its not Toyota's fault that a ricer was drivin one of their cars

DeeAOne
03-09-2010, 01:55 AM
:no:

JITB
03-09-2010, 02:13 AM
vehicular manslaughter isnt as severe as it seems, once the dust settles.. he will be back on the road in a few years. prob do 6 months tops if even that.....our justice system sucks..

5speed
03-09-2010, 02:22 AM
vehicular manslaughter isnt as severe as it seems, once the dust settles.. he will be back on the road in a few years. prob do 6 months tops if even that.....our justice system sucks..

In 91 my dad got that charge. He and his boss and a coworker were drunk riding home at night and the coworker hit somebody and killed them. They were so drunk that for some reason they switched seats and my dad became the one behind the wheel when they got pulled over. He got just under a year in prison.

AdriSciontC
03-09-2010, 07:41 AM

x2 stupid ricers...

MR2DR
03-09-2010, 08:20 AM

Don't get me wrong.

I don't find the effects of the incident funny at all. What I did find funny was that apparently there was something under celica's hood.

AnthonyF
03-09-2010, 08:25 AM
What a fucking douchebag.

I'm 99% certain the other car WAS racing. Generally if a car wants to race, it launches and leaves at a high rate of speed then when they realize the other car isn't racing, they stop.

-Ant.

Mr. Antonov
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
In 91 my dad got that charge. He and his boss and a coworker were drunk riding home at night and the coworker hit somebody and killed them. They were so drunk that for some reason they switched seats and my dad became the one behind the wheel when they got pulled over. He got just under a year in prison.

Damn dude.. no bueno

hondachik
03-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I hope that's the celica drivers facebook, cus i just sent him one hell off a pissed off PM.

Prob won't get to see it anytime soon. Atleast, I hope he doesn't. He's extremely good looking so I'm sure he'll be a top seller in the shower room of wherever he'll serve his sentence.

I agree with you. I thought at first (before reading the article) that the Celica launched to the bustop and knocked it down. I LOL'd until I started reading and realized that two people died, two very hardworking people at that. I feel bad for them both, especially for the 28 year old with the three young children, who don't understand the wonderful day together they had on her birthday was their last.

What a fucking douchebag.

I'm 99% certain the other car WAS racing. Generally if a car wants to race, it launches and leaves at a high rate of speed then when they realize the other car isn't racing, they stop.

-Ant.

True. But maybe he was being a young dumb ass showoff in a car that obviously he didn't know how to drive & pwned him. Maybe he was thinking "Ohh, look I can get from 0-90 in 30 seconds in my brand new Celica." I'm curious as to the age & what type of car this other driver had. I'm also curious as to if the male that was at the bustop stated he was racing, or alone. I'm sure this wasn't the first time he raced/did some stupid shit like that.

These are the type of people that need to go to an isolated road in the middle of nowhere if they want to race. The public roadways aren't a place for that. I understand sometimes its fun, but it isn't smart nor safe. I mean we've all done it, but hopefully we've grown up & learned. I know I did.

JITB
03-09-2010, 01:11 PM

exactly! the lady that killed my friend and another guy.. got 30days in jail, and a year suspension...for DOUBLE vehicular homicide

Doppelgänger
03-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Ricers often go hauling ass thinking that other people are impressed by their ability to keep their foot planted and sawing on the steering wheel to get around traffic. I can't say how man times I've seen this hsit where they just go hauling ass and don't slow down. Fucking morons.

blaknoize
03-09-2010, 06:17 PM
exactly! the lady that killed my friend and another guy.. got 30days in jail, and a year suspension...for DOUBLE vehicular homicide

and wats stupid about our "justice" system is that I got suspended for a year for simply no insurance on my car due to joblessness. But u can be drunk and kill random people and it be just as simple.

integra938
03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
loser

BanginJimmy
03-09-2010, 08:22 PM

It would be if it was only the driver that got killed.