PDA

View Full Version : Random Couple of vids from the mountain run 10-30-05

Jehu
11-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Figured I would make a new post in the right forum.

Save as!
MR2 & Volvo (http://www.teaminterlude.com/Media/IA-MountainRun_10-30-05/PlayingTurbos.mpg)
Me getting just a little bit sideways (http://www.teaminterlude.com/Media/IA-MountainRun_10-30-05/Sideways.mpg)

Goinfasterthanu
11-01-2005, 07:47 AM
jason they are both the same vid...

Jehu
11-01-2005, 08:30 AM
oops! fixed

mocha latte cupcake
11-01-2005, 08:39 AM
nice vids! nice little sideways action too lol

green_machine
11-01-2005, 11:22 AM
that video doesn't do you justice on your "little bit sideways" your rear end kicked way out, you were almost perpendicular (sp?) to the road. but i had a good view, i was right behind you. you can see me backing off after that one. definately let an oh shit go when that happened!

IntegraXTR
11-01-2005, 11:33 AM
nice vid, wish I could have made it to the mountain run

Jehu
11-01-2005, 12:00 PM
that video doesn't do you justice on your "little bit sideways" your rear end kicked way out, you were almost perpendicular (sp?) to the road. but i had a good view, i was right behind you. you can see me backing off after that one. definately let an oh shit go when that happened!
Maybe your right...didn't seem like that much. I guess it all happened so fast.

Looking at it again, I think it was from the time right after you're out of view up to the point that you're in view again.

I was thinking about why that happened this time while it's never happened before. It had to be a combo of the 2 things changed since my last mountain run:
1. took the wing off - we had to be doing a good bit of speed. I was in 3rd then so at least 60+. The wing would have helped keep the rear planted better...
2. different tires/rims (all around but applies mainly to the rear) - these tires have less contact patch, higher profile and are harder than the previous set of 711's (at least the rears are harder).

So w/ this said, I'm going to put a stock style wing on. I have one w/ a trunk (no un-necessary holes to deal with!) and would have already put it on but it's white! I've already planned on getting some better tires...

CiViCCuTie
11-01-2005, 08:57 PM
The kids were soo cute! LOL

Jehu
11-02-2005, 08:31 AM
The kids were soo cute! LOL
Thanks! They can be a handful but we should expect that to a degree.

I may rip some of the video in the car where the older one was like "weeee-weeee-weeee" through the corners! He LOVES to ride in the lude! ;) :goodjob:

Suprisingly, the younger one wasn't as receptive this go around. The last time we took them to the mountains, he loved it but he was like 1 and a half then. This time, he needed moms hand for comfort when we really got going. Makes me think twice about taking him next time. I don't want to scar him from it, you know! Maybe he needs a year or two more or just be a spectator on the track...