PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Rota wheels!

andrew16
03-08-2010, 05:36 PM
So....

i've heard some good things and some bad things about rota wheels

some people say that they're cheap and can easily be damaged while others say that they are reliable wheels

has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with them?

I was planning on getting the P 45r in gunmetal black.

Thanks!

itsnotarex
03-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Rotas are more than anyone needs for street use. Buy'em and enjoy. :)

§treet_§peed
03-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I had Rotas on my old civic coupe. They worked perfect for me. All I used for was mountain runs, one trip to the track, and a few highway runs and a couple of digs. I would say as long as you're not planning on seeing a lot of track time with them then you're good to go with getting them.

Doppelgänger
03-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I beat the shit out of a set of D2s on the street and abuse a set of SubZeros on the track...and no problems here. I'd run Rotas before I'd run SportFags, Drag or any of the other cheap ebay shit that is plastered all over the place. Rota has been around for 20+ years....companies that put out garbage don't last that long.

BTW- I have seen just about every "expensive" brand of wheels crack or break, so ignore the idiots that claim that Rota is the only compant that makes "crappy wheels" and love to post pictures of people who have whacked curbs or left lug nuts loose and simply claim the wheels just magically broke.

§treet_§peed
03-13-2010, 01:23 PM
^ That's what I'm saying. My Rota CTR copies I had on my old civic are still doing good last time I saw the car a few months ago.

300zx1990tt
03-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Go for it

speedminded
03-13-2010, 04:37 PM
You tell me...

"Philippine Aluminum Wheels Inc. (PAWI), was established on October 8, 1976 as a joint venture between FPS of Italy and Romeo S. Rojas to engage in the manufacture of alloy wheels in the Philippines.

The company's first production of its Rota brand of wheels was in 1977, with an initial production capacity of 4,000 wheels a month. In just the company's first year, Rota wheels are chosen by Chrysler-Mitsubishi (Philippines) as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for its vehicles passing through the stringent OEM specifications of its parent company in Japan.

The following year saw other major car assemblers engaging the services of the company to manufacture their OE wheel requirements for their vehicles. These companies included Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel and Volkswagen.

In 1983, after seven years of operation, PAWI became a 100% Filipino corporation. It also marked the year that Japanese technology was introduced into the company's manufacturing operations.

In 1988, PAWI develops its "magnesium-strengthened, heat treatable alloy," making Rota wheels lighter yet stronger and more durable. The following year saw a major upgrade of facilities as PAWI introduced state-of-the-art technological improvements in the form of the latest equipment and machines that speed up and improve chemical analysis, machining, painting and finishing. With the comeback of Toyota into the Philippine market, they chose Rota wheels as their OE wheels, as well as Daihatsu.

In 1990, a milestone was met when PAWI hits a record production of 20,000 Rota wheels per month.

Today, PAWI produces alloy wheels of world-class quality, using state-of-the-art technology. A new series of upgrading has since boosted its production capacity to new heights of 50,000 wheels a month. More than ten times of its capacity when it first started."

http://www.rotawheels.com/hist.shtml

0\s accord
03-15-2010, 02:05 AM
x2 couldnt give a better answer than what this guy just did
You tell me...

"Philippine Aluminum Wheels Inc. (PAWI), was established on October 8, 1976 as a joint venture between FPS of Italy and Romeo S. Rojas to engage in the manufacture of alloy wheels in the Philippines.

The company's first production of its Rota brand of wheels was in 1977, with an initial production capacity of 4,000 wheels a month. In just the company's first year, Rota wheels are chosen by Chrysler-Mitsubishi (Philippines) as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for its vehicles passing through the stringent OEM specifications of its parent company in Japan.

The following year saw other major car assemblers engaging the services of the company to manufacture their OE wheel requirements for their vehicles. These companies included Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel and Volkswagen.

In 1983, after seven years of operation, PAWI became a 100% Filipino corporation. It also marked the year that Japanese technology was introduced into the company's manufacturing operations.

In 1988, PAWI develops its "magnesium-strengthened, heat treatable alloy," making Rota wheels lighter yet stronger and more durable. The following year saw a major upgrade of facilities as PAWI introduced state-of-the-art technological improvements in the form of the latest equipment and machines that speed up and improve chemical analysis, machining, painting and finishing. With the comeback of Toyota into the Philippine market, they chose Rota wheels as their OE wheels, as well as Daihatsu.

In 1990, a milestone was met when PAWI hits a record production of 20,000 Rota wheels per month.

Today, PAWI produces alloy wheels of world-class quality, using state-of-the-art technology. A new series of upgrading has since boosted its production capacity to new heights of 50,000 wheels a month. More than ten times of its capacity when it first started."

http://www.rotawheels.com/hist.shtml

roscoe
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Beat the fuck out of a set so go for it.

4DRGSR
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM
You get what you pay for with any wheel purchase.

speedminded
03-15-2010, 04:58 PM
You get what you pay for with any wheel purchase.And some cases what you get is a bill for their advertising budget. ;)

sikfricks
03-23-2010, 04:14 PM
get what you like and what you feel is the best buy for your money. if you feel that you want expensive name brand wheels and that whats gonna make you happy go for it or if you think rotas are what you want and will suit your needs go for it .like said above even expensive rims break its all part of the game.

JDMbabe
03-23-2010, 05:13 PM
rotas are great! i would go for em fo sho!