PDA

View Full Version : Religion this is the real God....

geoff
03-08-2010, 01:31 PM
i ask that any that have been offended by men or those that have a bitterness or anger towards christianity or Christ to lay it all down aside. know that men will always fail you and let you down. i pray that you dont take actions or words of men to heart, that you would be healed of this and come to know your true God. if you wish to know who God is, what He is about, or wish to know more about Him i offer you these. for those that think God abbandoned you or doesnt care about you, for those that think your all alone, your never alone. i pray you take a look at these two videos with an open mind and heart, and that it would spark a personal search of God. i pray these videos would uplift and encourage someone. i pray that all would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGDo_FIjFg&feature=related (Fathers letter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trPPAcvK8_8 ( my KING )

quickdodgeŽ
03-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I notice that the only capitalization you used was in the different names of God. Is He above English grammar rules to where you don't have to capitalize the first word in a sentence?Are you that gung-ho about your leader? Later, QD.

5speed
03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
I notice that the only capitalization you used was in the different names of God. Is He above English grammar rules to where you don't have to capitalize the first word in a sentence? Are you that gung-ho about your leader? Later, QD.

LOL

5speed
03-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes I have experienced what I believe to be the spirit of God but dont believe it was strictly through Christianity. People of other many religions whether Abrahamic or not have experienced such things as well. You cant take that away from them or me. What beliefs that go along with that is up to them.

I just believe that if God is what the Bible says he is then it doesnt give God the responsibility for any his flaws. You cant blame everything on the devil that goes wrong. If God is the knows all/ ends all the Bible says he is,then it should accept that he messed up creating beings that he knew would bring horrible things.

I still feel you should address this.

bodhi
03-08-2010, 02:00 PM
i ask that any that have been offended by men or those that have a bitterness or anger towards christianity or Christ to lay it all down aside. know that men will always fail you and let you down. i pray that you dont take actions or words of men to heart, that you would be healed of this and come to know your true God. if you wish to know who God is, what He is about, or wish to know more about Him i offer you these. for those that think God abbandoned you or doesnt care about you, for those that think your all alone, your never alone. i pray you take a look at these two videos with an open mind and heart, and that it would spark a personal search of God. i pray these videos would uplift and encourage someone. i pray that all would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGDo_FIjFg&feature=related (Fathers letter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trPPAcvK8_8 ( my KING )

i'm convinced

on a related note, sleeping beauty would not be able to be woken up just from a kiss, right???
this has been bugging me for awhile now...let's argue about that now

either that or how 7 dwarf brothers all had different personalities...

you pick, friend

geoff
03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
QD- no i just typed it pretty fast and capitalizing the names of God is just something i am used to.

5speed- your right in the fact that we cant hold the devil responsible for everything that goes wrong. but neither is God responsible. look at it this way, in genesis God creates adam and eve. they are told what they can and cant do by God. they even have the blessing of being with God in the Garden and walking with Him, cant get much closer than that. so how is it then, that the devil was able to tempt them and cause them to fall? did God create them to sin? no. we each as humans have a fault in us to sin. we as men are naturally selfish and think of ourselves first. we live to please ourselves above all else. look at all the mass genocides that have occured in history, they were done all in some gods name or belief but in all reality it was done to further these peoples goals, ambitions, and greed. they used God as an excuse. God is not the author of evil, we are, all we need is a little push in the wrong direction from the devil ( temptation ) and we jump all over it

geoff
03-08-2010, 02:12 PM
i would like to further add that God has no flaws, we as people do. and as such we tend to blame bad things on God saying, " if He is all loving or all powerful why didnt He do this or stop that?" instead of asking the question, " why would one human do this to another". its a pretty messed up day when we blame tragedy on God but then take human life without even so much as feeling remorse. we are the flawed ones, not God.

bohdi- grow up

SPOOLIN
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
lol, also

Your and You're OWN YOU.

bodhi
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
horus (http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/horus.htm)

1. Both were conceived of a virgin.

2. Both were the "only begotten son" of a god (either Osiris or Yahweh)

3. Horus's mother was Meri, Jesus's mother was Mary.

4. Horus's foster father was called Jo-Seph, and Jesus's foster father was Joseph.

5. Both foster fathers were of royal descent.

6. Both were born in a cave (although sometimes Jesus is said to have been born in a stable).

7. Both had their coming announced to their mother by an angel.

8. Horus; birth was heralded by the star Sirius (the morning star). Jesus had his birth heralded by a star in the East (the sun rises in the East).

9. Ancient Egyptians celebrated the birth of Horus on December 21 (the Winter Solstice). Modern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.

10. Both births were announced by angels (this si nto the same as number 7).

11. Both had shepherds witnessing the birth.

12. Horus was visited at birth by "three solar deities" and Jesus was visited by "three wise men".

13. After the birth of Horus, Herut tried to have Horus murdered. After the birth of Jesus, Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.

14. To hide from Herut, the god That tells Isis, "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child." To hide from Herod, an angel tells Joseph to "arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."

15. When Horus came of age, he had a special ritual where hsi eye was restored. When Jesus (and other Jews) come of age, they have a special ritual called a Bar Mitzvah.

16. Both Horus and Jesus were 12 at this coming-of-age ritual.

17. Neither have any official recorded life histories between the ages of 12 and 30.

18. Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan.

19. Both were baptized at age 30.

20. Horus was baptized by Anup the Baptizer. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.

21. Both Anup and John were later beheaded.

22. Horus was taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Set. Jesus was taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Satan.

23. Both Horus and Jesus successfully resist this temptation.

24. Both have 12 disciples.

25. Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind.

26. Horus "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus commanded the sea to be still by saying, "Peace, be still."

27. Horus raised his dead father (Osiris) from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave. (Note the similarity in names when you say them out loud. Further, Osiris was also known as Asar, which is El-Asar in Hebrew, which is El-Asarus in Latin.)

28. Osiris was raised in the town of Anu. Lazarus was raised in Livanu (literally, "house of Anu").

29. Both gods delivered a Sermon on the Mount.

30. Both were crucified.

31. Both were crucified next to two thieves.

32. Both were buried in a tomb.

33. Horus was sent to Hell and resurrected in 3 days. Jesus was sent to Hell and came back "three days" later (although Friday night to Sunday morning is hardly three days).

34. Both had their resurrection announced by women.

35. Both are supposed to return for a 1000-year reign.

36. Horus is known as KRST, the anointed one. Jesus was known as the Christ (which means "anointed one").

37. Both Jesus and Horus have been called the good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, and the winnower.

38. Both are associated with the zodiac sign of Pisces (the fish).

39. Both are associated with the symbols of the fish, the beetle, the vine, and the shepherd's crook.

40. Horus was born in Anu ("the place of bread") and Jesus was born in Livlehem ("the house of bread").

41. "The infant Horus was carried out of Egypt to escape the wrath of Typhon. The infant Jesus was carried into Egypt to escape the wrath of Herod. Concerning the infant Jesus, the New Testament states the following prophecy: 'Out of Egypt have I called my son.'" (See Point 13)

42. Both were transfigured on the mount.

43. The catacombs of Rome have pictures of the infant Horus being held by his mother, not unlike the modern-day images of "Madonna and Child."

44. Noted English author C. W. King says that both Isis and Mary are called "Immaculate".

45. Horus says: "Osiris, I am your son, come to glorify your soul, and to give you even more power." And Jesus says: "Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once."

46. Horus was identified with the Tau (cross).

http://greensboring.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6316

geoff - jesus is preventing you from evolving

bodhi
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
ugh, geoff

im alittle worried that you might have a hidden brain tumor... thats slowly eating away at your brain.

if i were you i would go get my shit checked

5speed
03-08-2010, 02:25 PM
5speed- your right in the fact that we cant hold the devil responsible for everything that goes wrong. but neither is God responsible. look at it this way, in genesis God creates adam and eve. they are told what they can and cant do by God. they even have the blessing of being with God in the Garden and walking with Him, cant get much closer than that. so how is it then, that the devil was able to tempt them and cause them to fall? did God create them to sin? no. we each as humans have a fault in us to sin. we as men are naturally selfish and think of ourselves first. we live to please ourselves above all else. look at all the mass genocides that have occured in history, they were done all in some gods name or belief but in all reality it was done to further these peoples goals, ambitions, and greed. they used God as an excuse. God is not the author of evil, we are, all we need is a little push in the wrong direction from the devil ( temptation ) and we jump all over it

God created us knowing we would sin. In one of the videos you posted it even states that in Psalms I believe that God knows everything in lamens terms. There he created us knowing that we had a flaw therefore God had a flaw due to him being the one creating us. I think as humans we like to think that God is perfection in all that is good, but I think he has flaws just like anyone else. And at the same time God cant even begin to fit in our minds.

i would like to further add that God has no flaws, we as people do. and as such we tend to blame bad things on God saying, " if He is all loving or all powerful why didnt He do this or stop that?" instead of asking the question, " why would one human do this to another". its a pretty messed up day when we blame tragedy on God but then take human life without even so much as feeling remorse. we are the flawed ones, not God.

I address humans also. I am not blaming everything on God, just stating that God, Devil, or human, all should be held accountable.

geoff
03-08-2010, 02:29 PM
bohdi- that would of been a good find if it actually had HISTORICAL backround. next time please post a link that shows the story of horus or Jesus from a non-biased view, something historical, not someone out there creating a site to disprove God. its a known fact that these "similarities" you listed are not all historically acurate. better to check this one out. http://www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_similarities.html

i would also like to point out that history has been written down for many many thousands of years. if Jesus or christianity for that matter were just some new evolution of some mythical character than this religion of following Christ would have been debunked long ago and christianity, Jesus, the new testament,ect...would of just been labeled under "myth or fable" and would hold no significant following.

5speed
03-08-2010, 02:32 PM
bohdi- that would of been a good find if it actually had HISTORICAL backround. next time please post a link that shows the story of horus or Jesus from a non-biased view, something historical, not someone out there creating a site to disprove God. its a known fact that these "similarities" you listed are not all historically acurate. better to check this one out. http://www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_similarities.html

i would also like to point out that history has been written down for many many thousands of years. if Jesus or christianity for that matter were just some new evolution of some mythical character than this religion of following Christ would have been debunked long ago and christianity, Jesus, the new testament,ect...would of just been labeled under "myth or fable" and would hold no significant following.

I agree with you on this one. I believe Jesus definitely existed but whether he is one in the same with God I dont think so.

bodhi
03-08-2010, 02:33 PM

to answer your dumbass post, geoff

i have no idea what the the fuck you're talking about...

what the holy fuck is wrong with you??? did you take an english course... ever? or did you skip the whole educational system, and just got brainwashed by that church of yours that is located in the middle of nowhere??

has anyone checked you for a goddamn pulse?

goddamn...

geoff
03-08-2010, 02:33 PM
5speed- its funny that you call God flawed. yes He knew that we would sin and fall, if He was flawed there would be no means of salvation and Christ would not have died. since day one God saw the falling of man and since day one He set out the way of Salvation for us. He came and offered Himself as the punishment for our sins. to me that is not flawed, to take on the punishment you dont deserve to die for those who reject you. just as you said that God cannot even begin to fit in our minds, who are we to decide what a perfect god would be? by your own words, who are you to say God is flawed? your OWN words state that He is above our minds, so how can you say God is flawed if by your onw admission He is above your mind and thoughts? and to answer your question about if Jesus is God or on the same level, it takes faith my friend. you either have faith in it all or none of it, you either take the bible as truth or not. you cant take bits and pieces and try and come up with something new. you have experienced what you believe was the Holy Spirit. if you have questions i suggest you seek the Spirit for truth. God bless you

geoff
03-08-2010, 02:37 PM
bohdi- you tried to post a link that would in your mind "hopefully" silence this whole religious debate and yet when i counter your evidence with my own you turn to nonsense. what does an english course or anything your saying have to do with this topic or subject? just take a deep breath, suck up your pride, and admit that your "evidence" really holds no more value of "proof" than the words im saying. i have faith to back me up and a personal relationship with the Lord whereas you have tampered historical information and sites from people who just found a study or paper that someone else did or talked about and build there faith on that.

bodhi
03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
bohdi- you tried to post a link that would in your mind "hopefully" silence this whole religious debate and yet when i counter your evidence with my own you turn to nonsense. what does an english course or anything your saying have to do with this topic or subject?
its all jibberish nonsense...

just like religion, so its kinda related aint it??
and ive shut you, and your posts about the all mighty god, down before...

easily, you cannot make a point to help your case...

you have no proof or facts about jack

i just laugh at your posts

geoff
03-08-2010, 02:43 PM
you have not shut down my God. sorry friend but you wont shut me up either. i have what i believe as evidence and you choose to believe the same evidence but from a different source. keep laughing i really dont mind. im still gonna be going strong.

geoff
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
and to those of you out there that are actually interested in taking the time to search, instead of these who chose to mock, laugh, and ignore, i pray that God leads you in the right direction and into your own personal relationship with Him.

bodhi
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
haha jesus christ is a joke

nignogga never walked this earth... at least not the one who cured the blind and shit

5speed
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM
5speed- its funny that you call God flawed. yes He knew that we would sin and fall, if He was flawed there would be no means of salvation and Christ would not have died. since day one God saw the falling of man and since day one He set out the way of Salvation for us. He came and offered Himself as the punishment for our sins. to me that is not flawed, to take on the punishment you dont deserve to die for those who reject you. just as you said that God cannot even begin to fit in our minds, who are we to decide what a perfect god would be? by your own words, who are you to say God is flawed? your OWN words state that He is above our minds, so how can you say God is flawed if by your onw admission He is above your mind and thoughts? and to answer your question about if Jesus is God or on the same level, it takes faith my friend. you either have faith in it all or none of it, you either take the bible as truth or not. you cant take bits and pieces and try and come up with something new. you have experienced what you believe was the Holy Spirit. if you have questions i suggest you seek the Spirit for truth. God bless you

Well you just agreed that he cant fit in our heads. Therefore you can neither decide if he has flaws or not either. To have Jesus die for our sins is a fix.

Here is thought. Toyota had a major flaw in their design in there recent vehicle that were recalled. They continue fix the problem and voila. We are saved.

Bad analogy but it works for me.

The Creeper
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Seriously Geoff, stop with the spreading of god. I know that's what your suppose to do in your religion, but why pick IA. This forum is filled with a bunch of crazy, bullshitting, nonreligious sociopaths such as myself, so you won't convert anyone that isn't a believer. Right now your only saving grace, to me, is that trans am you have.

geoff
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
5speed- tomatoe tamato, you see God as flawed i see men as flawed and God having to fix us. either way we believe in something. i chose to let the Spirit guide me in truth. not sure if you have done the same, but im praying for you.

the creeper- you said yourself that im supposed to spread the Word of God in my religion, why pick ia? first im not the one trying to convert anyone, thats not up to me, i just give the message of hope, if one searches and finds God then thats up to them. but how will they hear the word without a preacher? ia is a perfect place to witness, cuz if God gets a hold of one of the nonreligious sociopaths and converts them, it just leads to a stronger witness. i have tried to invite all of you to my church, even the pure atheists, to try and disprove God but no one is up to the challenge. and by the way thanks for the trans am compliment, it too was a blessing from God to me.

quickdodgeŽ
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
QD- no i just typed it pretty fast and capitalizing the names of God is just something i am used to.

Hmmm. So proper English etiquette is something you're NOT used to? Drop out, maybe? Later, QD.

5speed
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Seriously Geoff, stop with the spreading of god. I know that's what your suppose to do in your religion, but why pick IA. This forum is filled with a bunch of crazy, bullshitting, nonreligious sociopaths such as myself, so you won't convert anyone that isn't a believer. Right now your only saving grace, to me, is that trans am you have.

lol I dont have a problem with him spreading the word at all. But I would like to see him post outside of the Religion Section as much as he does here.

Your a good guy Geoff. Would like to see you post in the Car section more often.

The Creeper
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
5speed- tomatoe tamato, you see God as flawed i see men as flawed and God having to fix us. either way we believe in something. i chose to let the Spirit guide me in truth. not sure if you have done the same, but im praying for you.

the creeper- you said yourself that im supposed to spread the Word of God in my religion, why pick ia? first im not the one trying to convert anyone, thats not up to me, i just give the message of hope, if one searches and finds God then thats up to them. but how will they hear the word without a preacher? ia is a perfect place to witness, cuz if God gets a hold of one of the nonreligious sociopaths and converts them, it just leads to a stronger witness. i have tried to invite all of you to my church, even the pure atheists, to try and disprove God but no one is up to the challenge. and by the way thanks for the trans am compliment, it too was a blessing from God to me.

You can't invite someone to your church to try and disprove god, that is an impossibility. Your faith is obviously very head strong. And Atheists and Agnostics and such have no interest in disproving god, but we simply don't/can't believe in god. I have been to church a couple times, as in maybe twice in the past decade, and from my personal experiences, that was twice too many. The only reason I went is so that I could feel open minded to the subject, and not be nonreligious without at least going once. Either way though, post some pics of the T/A. I used to have a fully restored 79' :goodjob:.

geoff
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
QD- lol no, high school graduate, lol. sorry my grammar or lack there of offends you.

5speed- thanks brother. i do post in other sections too, i even have parts for sale and i even posted some pics of my car lol. oh and i also witness outside of this website, planning on doing some in person if your interested....

geoff
03-08-2010, 03:08 PM
the creeper- being religious doesnt mean going to church. if your truly interested in being openminded to the subject than it requires a personal search for God, how can you say that you dont believe if you have never taken the time to search personally if its real? and i did post pics in the car pics section with my car and my uncles viper. a 79 huh? personally one of my favorite body styles, i just got done restoring an 80 l82 vette, but thats a different topic reserved for a different forum. lol

The Creeper
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
the creeper- being religious doesnt mean going to church. if your truly interested in being openminded to the subject than it requires a personal search for God, how can you say that you dont believe if you have never taken the time to search personally if its real? and i did post pics in the car pics section with my car and my uncles viper. a 79 huh? personally one of my favorite body styles, i just got done restoring an 80 l82 vette, but thats a different topic reserved for a different forum. lol

Don't be so fast to assume I have never debated the fact of god or not. I have had discussions with many firm believers, such as a my father, other family members, and friends. For me, as of now, I am unable to believe in god. You shouldn't take it as a personal jab to you or your religion, but more so accept the fact that there will plenty of people out there like me that simply can't believe, or feel the need to believe. I guess to put it simply, it doesn't keep me up at night.:cheers:

geoff
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
i understand that, for me there is an urgency to spread the word, especially when i look at the news and see the prophecy of the end times unfolding in front of my eyes. but i would also say just as you dont want me to take it as a personal jab at me or my religion when you say to stop spreading the gospel here, i say to you dont take it personal if i continue to preach/witness here or take it as me condemning you to hell, thats not what im about. and lets see some pics of your bird.

5speed
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM

That topic should be on IA. I want to see the Vette. :D

geoff
03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
ask and ye shall recieve....lol check in the car pics section in a bit

5speed
03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
ask and ye shall recieve....lol check in the car pics section in a bit

Va multumim frumos

KodyH
03-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Isn't it spelled divine? Just sayin

geoff
03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
romanian nice 5speed lol. yeah it is divine lol

KodyH
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Hmmm. So proper English etiquette is something you're NOT used to? Drop out, maybe? Later, QD.

wherever God leads

Anybody see this? Hmm...grammar is our friend.

KodyH
03-08-2010, 04:16 PM
romanian nice 5speed lol. yeah it is divine lol

It is spelled divine, yet in the URL of their site it is spelled devine?
Hmm... :thinking:

geoff
03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
i love how the message just flew over some of your heads. you focus on something as small as grammar and miss the big picture. what in the world? do some of you really just not care or have any interest? if there is a God would you not want to know? if this God wanted you to do something or live a certain way or just have a relationship with Him would you not care to find out? honestly, some of you treat this as one big joke but whether you believe or not you were created by a higher power and you will one day have to answer for your life just as i will, does none of this or the possibility of it being true not concern you?

KodyH
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
i love how the message just flew over some of your heads. you focus on something as small as grammar and miss the big picture. what in the world? do some of you really just not care or have any interest? if there is a God would you not want to know? if this God wanted you to do something or live a certain way or just have a relationship with Him would you not care to find out? honestly, some of you treat this as one big joke but whether you believe or not you were created by a higher power and you will one day have to answer for your life just as i will, does none of this or the possibility of it being true not concern you?

I'm not Christian so I ignored the message.

StreetHazard
03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
some of you treat this as one big joke but whether you believe or not you were created by a higher power and you will one day have to answer for your life just as i will, does none of this or the possibility of it being true not concern you?

It concerns me just about as much as my belief in Santa Clauses ability to squeeze his fat ass down my chimney to bring me my presents on christmas.

So....

No

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2010, 04:47 AM
QD- lol no, high school graduate, lol. sorry my grammar or lack there of offends you.

Now you're being an idiot. You don't have the mental capacity to offend me.

I just think it's funny that it's a "habit" that you've just picked up a couple of years ago for you to capitalize anything relating to God, but something you should have learned about 15 years ago isn't? Do you remember how to ride a bike? Later, QD.

Kevykev
03-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Wow, look at the anger in here. Do you guys know where that anger is coming from?

Are you all really mad at the grammar or is it something else? :)

QD - You're a meanie head! I mean, your a meanie head.

S2KJD
03-09-2010, 08:21 AM
but why pick IA.

if just ONE person becomes interested in changing their life for Christ then geoff's thread is a success :goodjob:

Vteckidd
03-09-2010, 08:34 AM
If I owned gods chariot, does that make me his limo driver?

geoff
03-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you for all the positive reps. I guess some people on here are more concerned with the use of my grammar more than the actual message. To those that say they don't care or believe I am curious as to why then are you in this thread or even this religion section. If atheist's, by your own definition, don't believe nor care or even want to convince others, then why in the world do you even gaze through these topics?

p.s.- How was my grammar?

bodhi
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
then why in the world do you even gaze through these topics?

because they're assholes

and from what ive heard; really, really entertaining

geoff
03-09-2010, 10:08 AM
You said because they are @$$holes, are you then singling yourself out from the atheists' or non-believers?

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
why in the world do you even gaze through these topics?

Because we want too. It's a public forum and we're allowed to express our opinions just as you are. Just as you are allowed to shove your beliefs on unsuspecting people, so are the rest of the people allowed to shove their preferences on you. You want to act like Jesus Christ's personal Superstar, others can play Devil's advocate. I've always found it humorous to see people like you go around with a Rambo-like preaching style hollering "IT'S ALL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!" And your kind looks down on others who don't share your views 100% but still (basically) live their lives according to the Ten Commandments. It was said before (even by other Christian folk) that you're easily spotted as a "noob" to the religious game. It's easy to see you're a newly converted "Christian." Later, QD.

Vteckidd
03-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Sorry dude this is not the place to witness or turn peoples minds onto god.

The one thing I hate is christians who force their religion on someone else like it's going to just boom change my mind overnight. I like to think organized religion is about tolerance and acceptance of other faiths and points of view. It's called faith and belief for a reason cause you can't prove it.

But today it's more about I'm right you're wrong

bodhi
03-09-2010, 11:00 AM
You said because they are @$$holes, are you then singling yourself out from the atheists' or non-believers?

yes, i'm a believer as of today...

the words that you've said have changed my point of view
pretty much happened overnight

its a miracle. i saw jesus christ in a dream - thank you geoff

i feel like a whole new person now

KodyH
03-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Woah woah woah guys. He said this is the REAL God..

geoff
03-09-2010, 11:29 AM
QD- I love how you said i'm SHOVING my beliefs onto UNSUSPECTING people, when not once have I preached, " Repent or burn in hell," or " Believe what I say or burn". I would not see that as shoving my beliefs on anyone, but when someone posts a link or makes a statement trying to disprove my belief or my God then I am very well entitled to defend my belief or disprove their information/statement with scripture or other means of information. And I also believe that the last time I checked I was posting in the RELIGION section of this site and hence no one that wonders in here is UNSUSPECTING. I may not be seasoned in my beliefs but I have a passion for it and a passion to spread the gospel. In my belief, I and other believers, believe that the world is in its last hours. That is why I may seem so gun-ho about preaching, i would like for everyone to see the true message of the Holy Bible and not just the money loving, greedy, twisted, false message that most people see when they turn on a tv and see healings done for money or some message other than what the Bible actually preaches.

vteckidd- i personally don't have a problem with other beliefs. I also don't believe that I have any power to convert anyone, that is all in God's hands. My goal is to simply preach or spread the correct message of the Bible and not a false organized religion based message that is politically corrected for the times.

bohdi- Brother I truly wish that was true. Your still invited to come with me to church anytime and to see where my beliefs, values, and passion to preach come from.

KodyH- That is correct, I did say that.

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
QD- I love how you said i'm SHOVING my beliefs onto UNSUSPECTING people, when not once have I preached, " Repent or burn in hell," or " Believe what I say or burn".

I see you're speaking in literal tongue, yes? There you go...a "speaking in tongue" reference. You don't have to be literal to get your "point" across. I think you're smarter than you act on here, but are shying away from proving it.

I would not see that as shoving my beliefs on anyone,

Of course you don't. People like you don't think that at all. Just like a crack addict who says he has no problem at all. It's all denial.

but when someone posts a link or makes a statement trying to disprove my belief or my God then I am very well entitled to defend my belief or disprove their information/statement with scripture or other means of information.

You've started your fair share of threads in here. Quite a few with insulting undertones to them. None of them were in reference to any other thread to disprove a person.

i would like for everyone to see the true message of the Holy Bible

Liking that and pushing it on people are two different things. Why can't your kind understand that if someone wants to read the Bible or learn more or whatever that they will do it? We don't need 24 hour salesmen to get us to "convert." These idiots that come knocking on my door (well they used to until I called the police on them) wanting to talk to me about Jesus Christ are about as welcome as termites in a log cabin.

If someone wants to learn about Christianity, then they will come to you. If they don't come to you, then they don't want to learn. Besides, aren't you supposed to be all about your own selves?

And yes, I really called the police on some of these folks. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
03-09-2010, 11:58 AM
vteckidd- i personally don't have a problem with other beliefs. I also don't believe that I have any power to convert anyone, that is all in God's hands. My goal is to simply preach or spread the correct message of the Bible and not a false organized religion based message that is politically corrected for the times.

you realize there is no correct interpretation of the bible right? It's written by men, men that interpreted things they saw and put on "paper" thousands of years ago. While you may believe in what it says or teaches it doesn't mean it's the only version of what is correct . People interpret the bible differently hence different sects of religion.

I understand what you're doing but the problem is you're better served just living your life by what you believe not witnessing or claiming that your view is the only correct view.

Understand me?

Btw I'm not making fun of you

Me86Rob
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM
God has no flaws, yet his child was born out of wedlock. Isn't that frowned uppon in christianity?

geoff
03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
QD- My faith teaches me to not keep it to myself but to spread the gospel. I have my own personal relationship with the Lord and give information out there about it. I have had people on this site who did ask me questions and wanted to learn mere. As far as you go, I don't know exactly what you believe or what not. I see you put my efforts down and try to discourage me from continuing but honestly that is not going to hinder me.

vteckidd- You believe that the Bible was written and interpreted by men, that is fine, my own personal search has led me to believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. So to me there is only one correct interpretation and that is to simply preach what the words say, it is really not that complicated. As I have stated countless times, I will not stop witnessing and keep it to myself because that goes against what the Bible and my faith teach me.

Te72rob- You would be correct IF.....He was consumated out of wedlock. To have sex outside of marriage is what the sin of fornication is, Marry was a virgin and the Holy Spirit is what formed Jesus in her womb. So, in all actuality there was no sin here. God is still not flawed

KodyH
03-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Te72rob- You would be correct IF.....He was consumated out of wedlock. To have sex outside of marriage is what the sin of fornication is, Marry was a virgin and the Holy Spirit is what formed Jesus in her womb. So, in all actuality there was no sin here. God is still not flawed

So basically what you prepose here is that because he is God he can do anything with out sin, yet we can perform the same acts and it is a sin. Sounds like someone else I know...
http://www.damonchernavsky.com/Pictures/Pictures_Of_US_Presidents/George-W-Bush.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I see you put my efforts down and try to discourage me from continuing but honestly that is not going to hinder me.

The only efforts I'm going through is to put you down as you have others. Later, QD.

geoff
03-09-2010, 12:31 PM
KodyH- I guess you totally missed my reply. The reason it was not sin is because Joseph and Marry never had sex to produce Jesus. If your not having sex out of marriage than its not a sin. Without some sort of divinity playing a part, it is impossible to have a baby without having sex. That is why the birth of Jesus is considered a miracle.

QD- I believe I have already apologized if I have directly offended anyone, I will not apologize though if someone was offended by the scripture, the Bible says that can happen.

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
You've got to be a cast member for SNL. This shit is too off the wall for it to be real.
Why do you insist on thinking you're important enough to offend someone else? Later, QD.

KodyH
03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
You've got to be a cast member for SNL. This shit is too off the wall for it to be real.
Why do you insist on thinking you're important enough to offend someone else? Later, QD.

lolol

geoff
03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
The only efforts I'm going through is to put you down as you have others. Later, QD.

this^

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2010, 12:53 PM
At last you understand. Later, QD.

geoff
03-09-2010, 01:02 PM
yes i do

EJ25RUN
03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I didn't realize Christianity preached bad grammar.

5speed
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Hmmm... I have read pretty much all of Geoff's threads and posts and never once have I felt offended or thought he was trying to offend or look down upon me or any other person who has different beliefs. He has simply expressed his views. I see others looking down and talk shit more than him.

Awwww, are there a lot of senstive people on here

BallerDave04
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
QD, you really don't know what you are talking about.

5speed
03-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Uh oh, no you didnt

Starrfire
03-10-2010, 12:12 AM

:ninja:Lying in wait for quite an epic reply.

BallerDave04
03-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Uh oh, no you didnt

I did... :yes:

5speed
03-10-2010, 12:21 AM
:ninja:Lying in wait for quite an epic reply.

:couch:

You and me both!

... You and I

BallerDave04
03-10-2010, 12:25 AM
WEEEEE!

5speed
03-10-2010, 12:31 AM
WEEEEE!

Its pretty exciting isnt it? lol

Waiting QD...BTW why in the hell is he Quickdodge? He drives a CVCC of all things.

BallerDave04
03-10-2010, 12:35 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he used to have a QD? Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

5speed
03-10-2010, 12:42 AM
I dont know why it would be ironic but maybe. There is peace in this thread yay

BallerDave04
03-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Ironic that someone with the name QuickDodge drives a Honda. It was suppose to be an Alanis Morissette jokey joke but apparently I epic failed...

quickdodgeŽ
03-10-2010, 02:10 AM
BTW why in the hell is he Quickdodge? He drives a CVCC of all things.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he used to have a QD? Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

When I signed up on IA, back in 2001, I had a 1996 Neon that I had "prepped" for running in SCCA. Did that for two years and won a couple of championships. The name came from then as it was the name of my car (Quick Dodge) because it was quick. So that just became my screen name. I had that car up until about 2007, I believe. I bought the Civic and junked the Neon. Since QD is such the household name nowadays, I saw no reason to upset that moniker with something different. I actually did have my name changed, but not one person liked it and they all wanted the QD name back. <<<--- That is the truth. Later, QD.

geoff
03-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Thread has been hijacked lol what in the world?

ISAtlanta300
03-10-2010, 11:53 AM
When I signed up on IA, back in 2001, I had a 1996 Neon that I had "prepped" for running in SCCA. Did that for two years and won a couple of championships. The name came from then as it was the name of my car (Quick Dodge) because it was quick. So that just became my screen name. I had that car up until about 2007, I believe. I bought the Civic and junked the Neon. Since QD is such the household name nowadays, I saw no reason to upset that moniker with something different. I actually did have my name changed, but not one person liked it and they all wanted the QD name back. <<<--- That is the truth. Later, QD.

Good thing too!! Imagine if you ended all your posts with: Later, Civic..... LOL

5speed
03-10-2010, 12:18 PM

Damn, I am an idiot. I already knew about the Neon but didnt think of it at all. I am gonna go kick myself in the ass now.

Good thing too!! Imagine if you ended all your posts with: Later, Civic..... LOL

He doesnt have a Civic.

quickdodgeŽ
03-10-2010, 12:50 PM
He doesnt have a Civic.

Since when? Later, QD.

5speed
03-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Since when? Later, QD.

You have said it yourself. You own a CVCC not a Civic. I dont know why I remember something like that but you said it. :D

quickdodgeŽ
03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
You have said it yourself. You own a CVCC not a Civic. I dont know why I remember something like that but you said it. :D

The CVCC is a Civic. It's a 1979 Honda Civic CVCC. Lolol. Later, QD.

5speed
03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
This thread has been jacked and now wrong section lol

I didnt know what year you had. But wasnt the first ones just badged as CVCC and later on took Civic CVCC?

KodyH
03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Good thing too!! Imagine if you ended all your posts with: Later, CVCC..... LOL

Fixed.

stillaneon
03-10-2010, 03:28 PM
you have not shut down my God. sorry friend but you wont shut me up either. i have what i believe as evidence and you choose to believe the same evidence but from a different source. keep laughing i really dont mind. im still gonna be going strong.

Just out of Curiousity Geoff, what evidence?

The bible; that was written by numerous men in how many centuries and is missing how many texts?

I understand the concept of witnessing, but why come on to a forum and preach when your only defense is YOUR faith?

ueyedgr8tness
03-10-2010, 06:16 PM
GEOFF? I am on the same side with you but i must say typing in here is worthless.I say just let them have the filthy world of crimes based on science and other bs.And u continue living by the BIBLE because it just makes u a better person over all:)

I would love to come visit ur church thoe soon.

geoff
03-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I have already stated numerous times why I witness here. Just as Jesus said He didn't come to save the righteous but to bring the sinners to repentance, I too preach the message to the unbeliever in hopes that God will get a hold of them and build up their faith.

stillaneon- If you truly care to see/hear my evidence then I would be more than happy to share them with you through private messages so you don't have to deal with the drama. Just let me know

quickdodgeŽ
03-11-2010, 01:44 AM
And u continue living by the BIBLE because it just makes u a better person over all:)

THIS is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to punk ass "Christians." This proves my point. Later, QD.

5speed
03-11-2010, 02:13 AM
THIS is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to punk ass "Christians." This proves my point. Later, QD.

Stayup clearly is what you were talking about. The thing is I haven't seen Geoff exhibit such thoughts or undertones in any of his posts in this thread or any other.

Christians do often overlook the fact that just bc we dont believe in the same thing or a God at all doesnt automatically make them bad people. A non believer of Christianity may be just as righteous if not more abiding to the Ten Commandments than those who believe in it.

quickdodgeŽ
03-11-2010, 08:22 AM
The thing is I haven't seen Geoff exhibit such thoughts or undertones in any of his posts in this thread or any other.

I, and quite a few others, have. Later, QD.

StreetHazard
03-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I, and quite a few others, have. Later, QD.

Personally I like Geoff, if only based off the fact he is making so many of you all pissed off. LOL! He represents what every Christian should aspire to become.

A target of secular annoyance

stillaneon
03-11-2010, 09:09 AM
I have already stated numerous times why I witness here. Just as Jesus said He didn't come to save the righteous but to bring the sinners to repentance, I too preach the message to the unbeliever in hopes that God will get a hold of them and build up their faith.

stillaneon- If you truly care to see/hear my evidence then I would be more than happy to share them with you through private messages so you don't have to deal with the drama. Just let me know

It really doesn't matter to me where you witness. You can post it in here or PM it.

You asked earlier that the Atheists/Agnostics prove that God doesn't exist. It isn't our responsibility to prove to you, it's the other way around. In fact the lack of proof in an existant "god" is more proof on the sides of the disbelievers...

quickdodgeŽ
03-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Personally I like Geoff, if only based off the fact he is making so many of you all pissed off. LOL! He represents what every Christian should aspire to become.

A target of secular annoyance

I never said I dislike the dude. Aside from his antics, he's probably a cool dude. I just don't agree with his style of professing. Later, QD.

geoff
03-11-2010, 11:37 AM
stillaneon- Your idea and my idea i can imagine are very different. I could easily just say take a look outside at everything that has life and that is the proof of my God, but you could also say that no its the proof of chance or the big bang. Both sides of the evidence seen take faith to believe in. Just as God can not be proven in a science lab, neither can the belief of the universe originating from a random act or the " big bang theory ". If you are truly interested in the subject at hand than i can provide you with what I and countless other religious scientists have come to the conclusion, is evidence that can only lead to God.

S2KJD
03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
what church do you attend?

stillaneon
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
stillaneon- Your idea and my idea i can imagine are very different. I could easily just say take a look outside at everything that has life and that is the proof of my God, but you could also say that no its the proof of chance or the big bang. Both sides of the evidence seen take faith to believe in. Just as God can not be proven in a science lab, neither can the belief of the universe originating from a random act or the " big bang theory ". If you are truly interested in the subject at hand than i can provide you with what I and countless other religious scientists have come to the conclusion, is evidence that can only lead to God.

Ahh to have blind faith.

I envy you

geoff
03-11-2010, 12:05 PM
s2kjd- Its called New Life Apostolic in watkinsville, Ga

stillaneon- Sorry my friend but i have done alot of studying in religion, sociology, psychology,ect....I am not one to be led around blindly and believe something someone told me i should. I came to be where I am today by lots of study.

quickdodgeŽ
03-11-2010, 12:06 PM

Still easier to disprove God than to prove Him.

i can provide you with what I and countless other religious scientists have come to the conclusion,

So now you're a "religious scientist?" Later, QD.

stillaneon
03-11-2010, 12:07 PM
s2kjd- Its called New Life Apostolic in watkinsville, Ga

stillaneon- Sorry my friend but i have done alot of studying in religion, sociology, psychology,ect....I am not one to be led around blindly and believe something someone told me i should. I came to be where I am today by lots of study.

Yet you believe in someone that you can't physically prove exists.

You can't say the wind blows or everything that lives is proof of God. Because it isn't. It's proof that things just worked for us...

Vicosin
03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
lol@elitist Christian dumbasses.
It's one thing to believe it, it's another to live it.
Hypocrisy is a funny thing.

5speed
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
I have yet to see any good argument on either side. It is also pretty repetitive. No one here would have been able to make me believe or disbelieve. Yet I believe in God without religion.

stillaneon
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I have yet to see any good argument on either side. It is also pretty repetitive. No one here would have been able to make me believe or disbelieve. Yet I believe in God without religion.

Case in point, Can you see God? Does he Physically speak to you?

BAM!

5speed
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Case in point, Can you see God? Does he Physically speak to you?

BAM!

LOL I dont need those to believe. Just think of us as bastards, we dont know our creator.

geoff
03-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I know my creator and He knows me, I even know His name...

5speed
03-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Let me say that differently, I dont know my creator but my creator may know me.

geoff
03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
5speed- You are so close to God brother you just don't realize it. The Holy Spirit dwelling inside of you would put every doubt and question and concern to rest. Bro come check out my church with me sunday man. I will even pick you up

5speed
03-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I feel that saying what God is and isnt cant really be done. The more I read the Bible the more I reject it. Its not angry things that make me do so or even scientific fact. Get on facebook and we can talk from there.

geoff
03-11-2010, 05:01 PM
k man

Starrfire
03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
5speed- You are so close to God brother you just don't realize it. The Holy Spirit dwelling inside of you would put every doubt and question and concern to rest. Bro come check out my church with me sunday man. I will even pick you up

How do you KNOW he isn't SOOO close to Allah? Oh wait, because you know it. Because you said it makes it true right? Just like the bible, it's written so it must be true.

5speed
03-11-2010, 09:02 PM
How do you KNOW he isn't SOOO close to Allah? Oh wait, because you know it. Because you said it makes it true right? Just like the bible, it's written so it must be true.

They essentially are the same.

bodhi
03-11-2010, 09:51 PM

you belong in a mental hospital.

or at the very least some type of detention center for religious gays.

EJ25RUN
03-11-2010, 09:57 PM

Geoff wrote the bible and he is god. Can't you tell? Jesus is Geoff's son.

stillaneon
03-12-2010, 08:42 AM
I know my creator and He knows me, I even know His name...

That's nice. I know Zues, Iris, Ra, Aphrodite, but yet they don't exist. Help me out here man. Stop quoting scripture and give me a way to believe.

geoff
03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
The difference between Allah and Jesus is the Holy Spirit. Allah did not leave His believers with His Spirit. Jesus sent back the Holy Spirit as a comforter, as a means to fight through the disbelief, doubts, and mockings.

stillaneon- The only advice i can give you is to fall on your knees and pray for God to reveal truth to you. Seek the Holy Spirit, you can ask for God to open your eyes, ears, mind and to un-harden your heart. I cant give you anything that will make you say " ah ha, it is real" I am not God, I am just someone trying to tell the world of His love, His sacrifice, and that you are His and were wonderfully and fearfuly made. The only way you can believe and come to God is if He calls you. If you want to see if its real, fall on your face before your Lord, the one you turned from, cry out to Him and ask Him to show Himself to you. Thats what I had to do and Jesus came into my life. Open yourself up to Him and recieve Him and He will recieve you.

quickdodgeŽ
03-12-2010, 12:09 PM
The only way you can believe and come to God is if He calls you.

I get about 10 or so calls a day. Are all those people God?

If you want to see if its real, fall on your face before your Lord, the one you turned from, cry out to Him and ask Him to show Himself to you. Thats what I had to do and Jesus came into my life. Open yourself up to Him and recieve Him and He will recieve you.

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! And when you did this, you actually saw him? You saw him with your own eyes? Or did you just get a feeling inside where you convinced yourself it is so? Later, QD.

geoff
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
QD- When I fell on my face and cried out to God, I questioned Him and asked Him for a sign and He answered me. The reason some of you will never believe is because you don't wanna step out of your comfort zone. You like your life how it is now, not having to answer to a higher authority than yourself, you are not ready for God to step in and move your world. It would not suprise me if God has been trying to speak to some of you and you have blinded yourselves to it.

quickdodgeŽ
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
QD- When I fell on my face and cried out to God, I questioned Him and asked Him for a sign and He answered me. The reason some of you will never believe is because you don't wanna step out of your comfort zone. You like your life how it is now, not having to answer to a higher authority than yourself, you are not ready for God to step in and move your world. It would not suprise me if God has been trying to speak to some of you and you have blinded yourselves to it.

See here is the thing....you don't know that He answered you. You think He did. You made a decision and credit God for helping you on that.

And how stupid are you for real? Do you not really read or comprehend the posts I make? You always revert to me being a "non-believer" even after countless times telling you that that isn't my position.

And why shouldn't I like my life as it is? I have a paid for house. Paid for cars. Great family. Great job. I am truly blessed in the realist sense of the word and not in the fantastical sense. What's there not to like? Am I going to Hell because I don't thank God I have what I have? I worked for what I have. I still work to keep what I have. You're a rookie "Christian" making rookie mistakes. Later, QD.

geoff
03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
QD- I do know He answered me, you don't know what I have experienced with the Lord and each man experiences different things. Just as i don't know what you experienced when you went through your hard times, you don't know what I experienced with Jesus. Why do you think I still stick with my faith? If I had never gotten answers or had a real unexplainable experience with God I would not be doing what I am doing. I never said God did something for me, I said He answered me and built up my faith. Also i was not singling you out or even referring to you with the post above. I believe I stated, " the reason some of you" not " QD your an unbeliever". I am happy you have what you have, i am not trying to take that away from you. The bible clearly states, " For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." 2 thessalonians 3:10 I don't believe God will do everything for you, He will open doors but never force you to walk through them. And I never said anything about you going to hell nor about you thanking God for what you have. I'm a rookie christian making rookie mistakes? Please do elaborate. Your a normal guy that has a false sense of what christians are and have dumb experiences with them and you stereotype us. You not fully knowing God and just having some belief is fine if that is all you care for. My point is that you have only the tip of the iceberg and there is so much more depth if you would care to look. I respect you QD and honestly admire your courage for the things you have faced and overcome in your life, but honestly I don't care what your opinion is of me, we both have different views apparently.

EJ25RUN
03-12-2010, 01:13 PM
QD- I do know He answered me, you don't know what I have experienced with the Lord and each man experiences different things.

Similar thing happened to this jolly fellow.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/ladaily/2008/10/27/charles%2Bmanson.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
03-12-2010, 01:20 PM
QD- I do know He answered me, you don't know what I have experienced with the Lord and each man experiences different things.

What you THINK you've experienced.

If I had never gotten answers or had a real unexplainable experience with God I would not be doing what I am doing.

Sure you could.

Also i was not singling you out or even referring to you with the post above. I believe I stated, " the reason some of you" not " QD your an unbeliever".

Dummy, what do you think that means? You said it yourself right there. Some of you" talking to me. That you would include me.

And I never said anything about you going to hell nor about you thanking God for what you have.

I didn't say you said that. I asked you a question.

Your a normal guy that has a false sense of what christians are and have dumb experiences with them and you stereotype us.

What I have experienced isn't false at all. I've never had a personal encounter with a so-called Christian and it not turn sour on me. So of course I'm going to stereotype those idiots. It's not like if I got robbed by one black guy so I hate all of them. I've been treated like shit by EVERY "Christian" I've had a personal relationship with.

My point is that you have only the tip of the iceberg and there is so much more depth if you would care to look.

I think I can see that you're reading my posts. You're just understanding what the meaning is.

but honestly I don't care what your opinion is of me, we both have different views apparently.

You should, for I am the God that you seek. Yes we have different views. I'm grounded. You're not. Later, QD.

geoff
03-12-2010, 01:56 PM
QD- You don't know what I have experienced with God, you have no way of saying thats what I think I have experienced. Your now guilty of the very same thing you have accused me of, thinking you know something about me...these " christians " you have had personal relationships are obviously not what they are supposed to be. An encounter with the Lord is not supposed to leave you sour. Your the God i seek? haha funny. Your grounded? So then you haven't let go or opened your mind fully is what your saying...

quickdodgeŽ
03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
QD- You don't know what I have experienced with God, you have no way of saying thats what I think I have experienced.

I know for a fact that some voice didn't tell you to do something. Everything you've done is from your own thought processes. You choose to believe it is God.

Your grounded? So then you haven't let go or opened your mind fully is what your saying...

You can't comprehend how open my mind is, little one. Later, QD.

geoff
03-12-2010, 02:25 PM
How exactly do you know what I have and have not experienced? Are you God? I don't think so. I have not heard His voice but I have heard His words. I have experienced unexplainable things that were God moving in my life, and i'm not talking about getting blessed with things. I'm talking about a Holy Spirit encounter that you obviously have no experience with. Believing and having faith is more than just saying you believe. When you truly open yourself up and stop looking for the tangible and boxed in view of God and stop trying to fit Him inside of your thought process and in your tiny mind ( I am now referring to all that doubt or question not just you ) There is a side to life, another dimension or realm if you will, that we can never fully comprehend or experience until we are open to it. You QD have some sort of belief or faith from what I have gathered, yet maybe you don't believe that a being powerful enough to create the universe could possibly communicate with His own creation? "Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:" isaiah 59:1 neither is God too big to care for what He created.

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Are you God? I don't think so.

Who do you think God goes to when He needs assistance?

I'm talking about a Holy Spirit encounter that you obviously have no experience with. Believing and having faith is more than just saying you believe. When you truly open yourself up and stop looking for the tangible and boxed in view of God and stop trying to fit Him inside of your thought process and in your tiny mind ( I am now referring to all that doubt or question not just you ) There is a side to life, another dimension or realm if you will, that we can never fully comprehend or experience until we are open to it. You QD have some sort of belief or faith from what I have gathered, yet maybe you don't believe that a being powerful enough to create the universe could possibly communicate with His own creation? "Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:" isaiah 59:1 neither is God too big to care for what He created.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? You ramble on, stringing shit together in order to make you seem like you're some sort of mini-minister. Later, QD.

StreetHazard
03-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Who do you think God goes to when He needs assistance?

ahhhh! I like that that one, I'll have to use it sometime if it's not copyrighted

"LATER, QD Š 2010 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED"

geoff
03-13-2010, 09:34 AM
I would also like to ask a question, I have heard some of you say you live your life basically according to the 10 commandments and try to be a good person but don't necessarily believe in God, do you not realize that the first and greatest commandment is " I am the Lord your God, and you shall have no other God before Me" and Jesus in the New Testament states, " The greatest of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord; and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength, this is the first commandment." mark 12:29

so my question is this, if you all try and follow the 10 commandments and live a good life, how can you ignore the first and greatest of the commandments?

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2010, 10:18 AM
I would also like to ask a question, I have heard some of you say you live your life basically according to the 10 commandments and try to be a good person but don't necessarily believe in God, do you not realize that the first and greatest commandment is " I am the Lord your God, and you shall have no other God before Me" and Jesus in the New Testament states, " The greatest of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord; and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength, this is the first commandment." mark 12:29

so my question is this, if you all try and follow the 10 commandments and live a good life, how can you ignore the first and greatest of the commandments?

Read, man. Read and comprehend what you have read. You fucked up right in the beginning. First fuck up = "live your life basically according to the 10 commandments." Basically is a word with kind of a meaning as the word almost. It doesn't mean you just straight up live by the 10. Fuck up part two = "and you shall have no other God before Me." I never said if I didn't believe in God that that was because I had a God that I believed in or believed in before him (if I did believe).

You're not very good at setting up Biblical traps, are you? Later, QD.

geoff
03-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Read, man. Read and comprehend what you have read. You fucked up right in the beginning. First fuck up = "live your life basically according to the 10 commandments." Basically is a word with kind of a meaning as the word almost. It doesn't mean you just straight up live by the 10. Fuck up part two = "and you shall have no other God before Me." I never said if I didn't believe in God that that was because I had a God that I believed in or believed in before him (if I did believe).

You're not very good at setting up Biblical traps, are you? Later, QD.

First of all buddy, most people on here that " live their lives according to the commandments" probably can't even list them. Most don't even know that it says anything about One God or to not have any others. So basically you guys pick and choose what you want to follow?

Second- This commandment doesn't only mean zues, allah, ra, ect....It also pertains to material things and yourself. When you believe that you're self sufficient or your possessions come before everything then you have indeed made yourself a god. You from previous posts have stated that you brought yourself out of hard times, you honestly think God had no grace on you at all? Do you think you have tomorrow promised to you or that your world is on a solid foundation? Do you honestly think that you woke yourself up or are self sufficient and are in control of your fate? If so then you have put yourself higher than God and by your own admission put a " god " before Him.

Last- Why then if you don't necessarily believe in the Christian God or His ways do you then choose to " basically " live according to the commandments?

stillaneon
03-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Last- Why then if you don't necessarily believe in the Christian God or His ways do you then choose to " basically " live according to the commandments?

Just FYI

The 10 commandments include the same basic principles of morality in all religions.

It has nothing to do with God; Stealing, Murder, Adultry, Parental Respect, lying have been ideas looked down upon forever.. Way before the Zealots you look up to decided to write this book.

geoff
03-13-2010, 12:46 PM
So then you believe that the bible is some written conspiracy of men trying to manipulate the population at the time and holds no value for todays generation? You believe it was man made ideas and not inspired by God? And that it has no accuracy nor meaning? Is that about right?

EJ25RUN
03-13-2010, 12:47 PM
So then you believe that the bible is some written conspiracy of men trying to manipulate the population at the time and holds no value for todays generation? You believe it was man made ideas and not inspired by God? And that it has no accuracy nor meaning? Is that about right?

Got a problem with that?

geoff
03-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah actually I do. I will soon be making a new thread to discuss this issue and put it to rest hopefully once and for all.

stillaneon
03-13-2010, 12:53 PM

Nope. i believe it was written by men you thought they were being led in the right direction. i also believe that A LOT of the bible was left out and that it's extremely Naive to believe EVERYTHING you read...

EJ25RUN
03-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah actually I do. I will soon be making a new thread to discuss this issue and put it to rest hopefully once and for all.

YOU are gonna end something pertaining to Religious discussion by posting it on a car forum?

Ok. I'll go tell people to save the whales on Jenny Craig's website. bye.

lol

bodhi
03-13-2010, 01:01 PM

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.
3. When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

. . .

geoff
03-13-2010, 01:44 PM
bohdi- You make me laugh

stillaneon
03-13-2010, 01:47 PM
This topic has been one that has come up several times. I have seen people quote atheistic writings from wikipedia and videos created by atheist that have no scientific or archaeological background. This thread is not for the faint of heart, if you are someone that wants to learn, that cares to see if it is real, or wants to know if the stories in the bible are real and not made up by men than i offer you this information. For those of you that honestly could not care less if the bible is real, if it was not made up by man, if it is truly the inspired Word of God, then leave your mocking comments out of here because you are truly close minded and are not wanting to learn but to be led by false teachers.

This thread will be updated with more information as I gather it and put it all together. Thank you for those that actually take the time to look and study and learn. I pray God would open your eyes to see the truth in the evidence, your ears to hear the truth from archaeologists and scientists, and your minds and hearts to process the information and then search to find more of the Lord.

Archaeological evidences, studies, and finds of the accuracy of the bible. It shows that the bible was not made up by men to manipulate, that it is historically accurate, and as reliable as an ancient historical text.

http://www.pb.org/pbdocs/bibleac.html
http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/bib-qur/bibarch.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWawVUZg3Es&feature=related

a Tale of Two cities is Historically Accurate as well, Yet I don't preach Charles Dickens. Seriously, you have said nothing enlightening, that would sway me to listen, you just run around the same rederick you have been spouting for the last 7 pages. I am all for you preaching, but don't come in as an amateur. It sounds as if Alex could make a better case for Christ...

geoff
03-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Did you even bother to look at any of that or watch even a little of the video? I am not here to preach a message, I am here to give scripture, spread the Word of God, give evidences, and occasionally defend my faith with said evidences.

stillaneon
03-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Did you even bother to look at any of that or watch even a little of the video? I am not here to preach a message, I am here to give scripture, spread the Word of God, give evidences, and occasionally defend my faith with said evidences.

This is a Car Forum, maybe you're here for the wrong reason. But you have presented no evidence.

geoff
03-13-2010, 03:15 PM
But you have presented no evidence.

Yes I know, but I am posting in a RELIGION section of the forum. You answer above to my question just goes to show how close-minded and blind you are. Instead of looking at the provided evidence with a learning mind you simply cast it aside without even considering it. You sir are not interested in obtaining truth, you instead are stubborn in your ways and have a rebellious spirit. From this response of yours and several others i gather that if Jesus Himself came to you and you could touch Him, see Him, hear Him, it still would not be ample evidence.

stillaneon
03-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes I know, but I am posting in a RELIGION section of the forum. You answer above to my question just goes to show how close-minded and blind you are. Instead of looking at the provided evidence with a learning mind you simply cast it aside without even considering it. You sir are not interested in obtaining truth, you instead are stubborn in your ways and have a rebellious spirit. From this response of yours and several others i gather that if Jesus Himself came to you and you could touch Him, see Him, hear Him, it still would not be ample evidence.

But yet you have yet to realize, I have no issues believeing that Jesus is was real.

EJ25RUN
03-13-2010, 04:24 PM

Was the evil IA car god making fun of your Jesus so you came here to defend him?

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM

Because I was raised with proper morals and ethics and the knowledge of right and wrong. I don't need God to tell me it is wrong to commit murder, adultery or steal. It doesn't take trips to Sunday school or mass to learn that. That's common sense.

I am not here to preach a message, I am here to give scripture, spread the Word of God, give evidences, and occasionally defend my faith with said evidences.

Wow. Lolol. Contradict yourself much? That's why you look so foolish in here. You're not here to preach a message, but you ARE here to give scripture and spread the word of God. What the fuck do you think the latter two are?!?! In here preaching a message is EXACTLY what you're doing, man.

Also, you haven't defended your faith with any evidences because there is none. Later, QD.

geoff
03-13-2010, 04:31 PM
QD- There is a difference in preaching my own words and my own message and preaching the gospel. Later, Geoff

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2010, 04:38 PM
QD- There is a difference in preaching my own words and my own message and preaching the gospel. Later, Geoff

It's one and the same. Later, Your Father.

stillaneon
03-13-2010, 04:46 PM

When you present yourself as a Christian, there is no difference. I don't work directly for Sprint, but I portray myself as a Sprint Representative. Customer that deals with me, deals with Sprint.

geoff
03-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Customer that deals with me, deals with God. Yes this is true, but the difference is that I wont ever try and break it down and put my own thoughts and opinions and words into it. I will simply let the evidences and scripture speak for itself, but someone has to put it out there first ( that's where I come in ). I wont do like the verizon/at&t commercials and use false information and skewed facts to get someone on my side.

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Customer that deals with me, deals with God. Yes this is true, but the difference is that I wont ever try and break it down and put my own thoughts and opinions and words into it. I will simply let the evidences and scripture speak for itself, but someone has to put it out there first ( that's where I come in ).

Same thing, man. If you speak what you believe then you are speaking for yourself.

I wont do like the verizon/at&t commercials and use false information and skewed facts to get someone on my side.

Lolol. Sounds one and the same. Later, QD.

Starrfire
03-13-2010, 09:44 PM

My thoughts exactly. Glad you've come to your senses.

ghostrida3
03-14-2010, 03:57 PM
first off, if geoff beleives(which coincendentally i believe) that there is a God and he sent Jesus to die for us to be saved from eternal damnation and restore us to him wouldnt he be evil not to try and discuss this w/ everyone he knew. even if he is wrong(which i dont think he is) but just for the sake of arguing he would have to be a pretty evil person not to share his beleifs so why give him such a hard time about it? its like he thinks he has the cure for cancer and all of us have cancer isnt it a good thing that he tries to give us the cure for cancer?
secondly this question is directed to qd. ime not sure if your an atheist or not and i am not givin you a hard time this is purely a academic question but if you dont believe in God why do you care about "morals" so to speak. if God doenst exist and there is no ultimate judge than what makes doin whatever you want regardless of the harm it does others wrong? If there is no God why do you care? who decides what is right or wrong and why does it matter?

quickdodgeŽ
03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
first off, if geoff beleives(which coincendentally i believe) that there is a God and he sent Jesus to die for us to be saved from eternal damnation and restore us to him wouldnt he be evil not to try and discuss this w/ everyone he knew. even if he is wrong(which i dont think he is) but just for the sake of arguing he would have to be a pretty evil person not to share his beleifs so why give him such a hard time about it? its like he thinks he has the cure for cancer and all of us have cancer isnt it a good thing that he tries to give us the cure for cancer?

Apples and oranges, man.

secondly this question is directed to qd. ime not sure if your an atheist or not and i am not givin you a hard time this is purely a academic question but if you dont believe in God why do you care about "morals" so to speak. if God doenst exist and there is no ultimate judge than what makes doin whatever you want regardless of the harm it does others wrong? If there is no God why do you care? who decides what is right or wrong and why does it matter?

Because morals and values aren't a religious thing. Common sense tells me what is right or wrong. Taking something that doesn't belong to you. Does that sound like a good thing? Taking someone's life. Does that sound like it would be ok to do? Does rape sound like it should be an ok ordeal? Come on, dude. The answer to that question is way too obvious, dude.

Not to mention the government says not to do these things.

Do you think atheists, just because they don't believe in God, should run around rampant and kill everyone that want to because they say there is no God?

And who said I didn't believe? Later, QD.

geoff
03-14-2010, 08:23 PM
QD- I think some people might get confused on your beliefs because of some of your responses, no offense but your words are the words most atheists use. I am curious, what exactly do you believe?

quickdodgeŽ
03-14-2010, 09:06 PM
QD- I think some people might get confused on your beliefs because of some of your responses, no offense but your words are the words most atheists use. I am curious, what exactly do you believe?
Simply put, I, as well as probably anyone else, want to believe that there is a place that we all go to when we die and "live" happily ever after. I believe there is something there. I'm open to believe that there could be a God or something. What turns me off are the people that state things as fact when it is not a fact at all. Faith is not fact. It's a belief. I find nothing wrong with it. I find nothing wrong with people believing in God and His teachings/words. I think the Bible is a great story (true or not). I think the teachings are very much necessary. I think that it's a great "checklist" of a good life. But the reason I can't fully delve into a 100% belief is because I look at the reality side of things at the same time.

When you say that you don't want to talk with me because I'm not providing evidence of this or that, then what you're wanting is to get into a debate with some sort of professional on this. I'm not that one. The words you read from me are mine. Not words COPY/PASTE from a website. The words you read are my argument for my stand. They come from my mind and heart. Not some scientist. The only back up you need for my posts are my posts themselves because they are the words that I came up with so that you know what my thoughts are.

See where I'm at? I know it's confusing. You think people should be all the way to one or the other side. But it's just not that way. Later, QD.

XanRules
03-15-2010, 01:38 AM

bohdi- grow up
Maybe because humans aren't responsible for some shit. "Why a human cause an Earthquake in Haiti?" makes about as much sense as the rest of your roundabout logic.
Your god has no flaws because your god isn't real.
Also, if you've ever taken a human life without remorse, you've got some serious fucking problems.

XanRules
03-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Simply put, I, as well as probably anyone else, want to believe that there is a place that we all go to when we die and "live" happily ever after. I believe there is something there. I'm open to believe that there could be a God or something. What turns me off are the people that state things as fact when it is not a fact at all. Faith is not fact. It's a belief. I find nothing wrong with it. I find nothing wrong with people believing in God and His teachings/words. I think the Bible is a great story (true or not). I think the teachings are very much necessary. I think that it's a great "checklist" of a good life. But the reason I can't fully delve into a 100% belief is because I look at the reality side of things at the same time.

When you say that you don't want to talk with me because I'm not providing evidence of this or that, then what you're wanting is to get into a debate with some sort of professional on this. I'm not that one. The words you read from me are mine. Not words COPY/PASTE from a website. The words you read are my argument for my stand. They come from my mind and heart. Not some scientist. The only back up you need for my posts are my posts themselves because they are the words that I came up with so that you know what my thoughts are.

See where I'm at? I know it's confusing. You think people should be all the way to one or the other side. But it's just not that way. Later, QD.
but but he has teh yewtoobs

geoff
03-15-2010, 12:47 PM
QD- I can respect that, I too would love to give my own personal opinion but that quickly gets flamed. That is why I try and find research and what not to support my beliefs and defend it I guess. In all actuality there is no concrete evidence on either side of the spectrum. I guess it does just come down to faith, just takes a personal search. +1 to you bro, I have actually kinda enjoyed our back and forths lol.

quickdodgeŽ
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
I too would love to give my own personal opinion but that quickly gets flamed.

To hail with the flaming. You do you because of you. Not because of anyone else.

In all actuality there is no concrete evidence on either side of the spectrum. I guess it does just come down to faith, just takes a personal search. +1 to you bro, I have actually kinda enjoyed our back and forths lol.

Perfect. Later, QD.

RL...
03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
I am God, but instead of proving my existence in a logical manner I am taking control on nissantun3r's body and making him write my "word" to you lowly humans. I am here to let you know that this is in fact my word and christianity is the way to go. Or else....

If you want me to prove this is in fact from myself and not nissantun3r, let me tell you this. Prove that it isn't.

geoff
03-16-2010, 05:41 PM
You were born and will one day die....that is all

RL...
03-16-2010, 06:56 PM
You were born and will one day die....that is all

I may be the one person to live forever.

geoff
03-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Would you be willing to test that theory?

5speed
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
I got dibs on testing his mortality.