PDA

View Full Version : coil burnt out?? need help

.:Stirfry:.
03-08-2010, 01:02 AM
ok so i just swapped a built poor mans into a eg.
and i got everything hooked up and ran the same exact way i pulled it out. so when i go to first start it, i have it running for at least 5 mins. then i shut it off and doubled checked any leaks before i go take it out for a test drive. but so then right as i go to pull it out of my driveway it shuts off. i go to recrank it and i have no spark and the fuel pump isnt priming, so i pull the dizzy cap off and the coil is SUPER hot to the tuch?
and i know its burnt bc i took my coil out of my car and swapped it with the one frm the eg and i get nothing.

any ideas on why the coil would burn it self out??
:thinking::thinking:

xdavidscenex
03-08-2010, 02:53 AM
if the fuel pump isnt primin why u checkin the coil?

xdavidscenex
03-08-2010, 02:54 AM
also check timming. and check compression. and ecu fuse!!!
ECU FUSE
ECU FUSE
ECU FUSE that will cause no spark and no prime.

Barefoot
03-08-2010, 08:35 AM
u dont have like a msd setup or anything.

Turbodude06
03-08-2010, 09:24 AM
ok so i just swapped a built poor mans into a eg.
and i got everything hooked up and ran the same exact way i pulled it out. so when i go to first start it, i have it running for at least 5 mins. then i shut it off and doubled checked any leaks before i go take it out for a test drive. but so then right as i go to pull it out of my driveway it shuts off. i go to recrank it and i have no spark and the fuel pump isnt priming, so i pull the dizzy cap off and the coil is SUPER hot to the tuch?
and i know its burnt bc i took my coil out of my car and swapped it with the one frm the eg and i get nothing.

any ideas on why the coil would burn it self out??
:thinking::thinking:

Maybe its just me but that doesn't make any sense.:thinking:.... The Coils going to be hot, you just ran the car for 5 min. And you said you replaced it with a working one, and the car still won't start right??? That means it ain't the coil..

JDMGRNAV6
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah i dnt understand why it would be ur coil...

so the fuel pump is not working?

id check your main relay.. u can jump the connector to see if the fuel pump actually turns on...

jump pin 5 and 7, turn ignition on and listen for the fuel pump

5 and 7 are on the bottom right 2 pins of the connector with the clip on the top..

leroy12
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
He was able to fix it once he had some daylight to work in. it was the ECU FUSE. thanks sterlin!

WalkS
03-08-2010, 09:54 PM
He was able to fix it once he had some daylight to work in. it was the ECU FUSE. thanks sterlin!

Interesting...But that's good to know for future reference. I was researching this last night when yall left. Sorry that I didn't introduce myself.

leroy12
03-08-2010, 10:16 PM
its all good man, i had met you once a while back i believe.

03-11-2010, 08:07 AM
ok at first the coil did burn out. or some odd reason. thats why im just as confused as yawll are. i took the coil that had burnt out and put it in my car and did the same thing, (which was not startin) then i put my coil back in (the good one and started up fine),
there was a short from one of the wires goin to the dizzy.

but after i fixed that problem the ECU fuse keeps blowin out?

03-12-2010, 08:16 AM
bump why would the ecu fuse keep blowin out?

xdavidscenex
03-13-2010, 02:32 AM
CHRIS WAS RIGHT :]

xdavidscenex
03-13-2010, 02:33 AM
ecu fuse burns out because.. you have a positive wire hitting some metal or neg wire somewere on the car. why dont you ever call me for help?

03-16-2010, 07:46 AM
i found the problem, it was the o2 wires groundin out on the rear crossmember/subframe .. weird