PDA

View Full Version : Misc Insanely Sore Throat....

Elbow
03-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I have an EXTREMELY sore throat, very hard to swallow, plus a cough which just tears it up, anyone have any tips to get rid of it?

I have some Cepacol lozenges it makes it feel a tad better but it's still extremely painful. I've been taking Advil too.

I read gargling warm salt water can help. :???:

jdm-civic
03-06-2010, 02:32 PM
quit deep throating........lol,......but naw i have the same problem,its like a cough that you cant get rid of and hurts everytime you cough, my advice is to take halls menthol cough drops, they work amazingly well and keep drinking fluids especially warm tea,this helped me a lot, and if your in a hot stuffy room that kinda makes coughing worse

jdm-civic
03-06-2010, 02:33 PM
another thing, pour salt in your hand and lick it.......it may sound stupid and taste like crap but it helps a little bit. trust me, try it:goodjob:

Vteckidd
03-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Gargle warm water and baking soda 3 times a day it kills all the bacteria on your tonsils and back of your throat which causes the infection.

Halls throat lozenges work and chlorasceptic

Go to a doc

Mantooth
03-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Spit instead.

All joking aside, salt water and menthol cough drops seem to do the trick. Hope you feel better, broski.:cry:

JDMJAYDC2
03-06-2010, 06:30 PM
i like thera flu extreme sore throat i think its cinammon apple flavor i used it when i had strep throat worked like a charm

IhartmyHonda
03-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I have an EXTREMELY sore throat, very hard to swallow, plus a cough which just tears it up, anyone have any tips to get rid of it?

I have some Cepacol lozenges it makes it feel a tad better but it's still extremely painful. I've been taking Advil too.

I read gargling warm salt water can help. :???:

gargle warm salt water and menthol oral anesthetic

if it get its worse go to the doctor....all depends how long you have had it and how bad it is...

Elbow
03-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks for all the comments. It got so bad last night I went to the ER. I tried EVERYTHING I could but I just had to go it was literally unbearable. Strep test was negative they gave me a steroid shot, a Lortab, and two prescriptions to get the swelling down and pain killers, much better today though.

They did say keep taking lozenges and gargling salt water.

Thanks again for the tips!

Mantooth
03-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks for all the comments. It got so bad last night I went to the ER. I tried EVERYTHING I could but I just had to go it was literally unbearable. Strep test was negative they gave me a steroid shot, a Lortab, and two prescriptions to get the swelling down and pain killers, much better today though.

They did say keep taking lozenges and gargling salt water.

Thanks again for the tips!I'm glad you're feel better. I know how much that shit sucks, and on your birthday. Fuck that noise.:cheers:

Hektik
03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
A bit late but, squeeze a whole lemon in a cup and add about a table spoon or two of honey. Warm it up a bit in the microwave. Then sip on it. Careful though hot honey is no joke.lol..

jdm-civic
03-07-2010, 12:14 PM
hope ya get better dude!

JdM_EJ2
03-07-2010, 01:45 PM
promethazine and codeine

green91
03-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Ill admit i read this thread just to see how many cock sucking jokes there would be.

Miss.Kayla
03-11-2010, 12:43 PM
dont lick salt.. if you swallow too much of it, itll give you the diarrhea
it sounds like strep and im sorry to say that you can get it to go away
but sadly itll come back unless you take antibiotics..they will probably
give you amoxicillin.

nreggie454
03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
dont lick salt.. if you swallow too much of it, itll give you the diarrhea
it sounds like strep and im sorry to say that you can get it to go away
but sadly itll come back unless you take antibiotics..they will probably
give you amoxicillin.

He said he was negative for strep, and it was good he went to a doctor because untreated strep can be fatal.

I usually drink hot chocolate or some other hot drink to loosen up any mucus in my throat and help prevent coughing. If I'm feeling sick or my allergies are flaring up, I sleep with a Breathe Right strip on my nose so that it is clear through the night and I don't breathe through my mouth all night and hurt my throat more. I also keep a good stock of generic Dayquil/Nyquil which does a pretty good job on lessening my symptoms.

Miss.Kayla
03-12-2010, 06:17 AM
you can still turn up negative and be positive.. depends on if it takes awhile it show in a culture. i do agree with your post ^^ more than anyone else's.. nyquil has helped relieve some of the pain back when i had severe sore throat, and theres nothing better than a steroid shot. :)

Elbow
03-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks for all the comments. My sore throat has gone away, I just took the meds they gave me and the pain killers. Now I have a bad cough but it's going away too. Thanks again!

ItsBlack
03-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Ill admit i read this thread just to see how many cock sucking jokes there would be.

Lmao, same. I was waiting for the first response