PDA

View Full Version : Sports Falcons add Depth

Infamous_1
03-06-2010, 02:17 PM
in the DB position by adding Robinson.. thoughts?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/wires/03/05/2020.ap.fbn.falcons.robinson.1st.ld.writethru.0226/index.html

Spectic Tank
03-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't know if that's considered adding depth. He's our best CB.

He's getting paid big money...as long as he lives up to his contract and starts playing like he did earlier in his carrer then it looks like a good pick up.

Now we can focus on DE/OLB/OL in the draft.

bdydrpdmazda
03-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Im really excited to see what the falcons do this offseason, we have such an amazing base to build from and we will be super bowl contenders in the next few years...

yerrow
03-06-2010, 05:21 PM
i helped wardobe dunta today for his press conference on monday, i'm trying to see if i can go to it monday!

HyPer50
03-07-2010, 08:20 AM
It's more than "depth" they added a starter. He is better than Houston, Jackson and Owens (atleast for right now) so him and Brian Williams will be our starting corners, great move IMO

Demsum
03-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Brian williams didn't show any promise last year. I hope Brent Grimes and Chris Houston get a fair shot at the second starting spot.

JDM onlyy
03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Brian williams didn't show any promise last year. I hope Brent Grimes and Chris Houston get a fair shot at the second starting spot.

Pre-season will tell, Brent Grimes has a great chance at being the #2 if not, then #3.

VIP Style
03-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I like this signing alot, wish we coulda bagged peppers, we needed him

Spectic Tank
03-07-2010, 01:17 PM

Williams was arguably the Falcons best CB before he got hurt. Crisp Houston has had a few years to prove what he can do...not much. I'd like to see Owens/Grimes in the nickel.

FlipKing
03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Dunta and Williams will both start with Grimes as the nickel back. The only question is at one of the safety spots right now.

JDM onlyy
03-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I like this signing alot, wish we coulda bagged peppers, we needed him

For once, I agree with you. LOL

Demsum
03-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Dunta and Williams will both start with Grimes as the nickel back. The only question is at one of the safety spots right now.

Since Decoud had such a good year, he's probably safe. Eric Coleman should battle with William Moore for the SS Spot. It would be crazy if Taylor Mays fell to the Falcons in the draft, though it looks like they will pick up a DE or OLB in the first.

aguynamedpat
03-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I love this. We finally have a potential shut down corner for that number 1 receiver on the other teams. Williams showed A TON of promise before he got hurt, but it was nice to see Grimes step up when he got hurt. I also think Decoud had a great year and should be good in the safety spot. Looks like the falcons may have a decent secondary for once!

Dmitroff/Blank FTW. This offseason could be huge, because with the shake ups in the NFC South with Carolina losing Peppers/DelHomo, Tampa losing Bryant, and New Orleans hopefully having the Super Bowl hangover.... This could be the Falcons year to step up!

cjhutch
03-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Since Decoud had such a good year, he's probably safe. Eric Coleman should battle with William Moore for the SS Spot. It would be crazy if Taylor Mays fell to the Falcons in the draft, though it looks like they will pick up a DE or OLB in the first.

Taylor Mays is overrated. Did you see how may times he got burnt this year? USC had a killer linebacker core the year before that put a lot of pressure on the QB which forced the ball out quick. When players had time to run routes they went right past him all day.

Pressure on the QB makes the rest of the defense better. The Falcons have to focus on the front line. Babs is the best player on the line right now and Abraham is not getting younger so don't expect killer stats from him. Peria Jerry was injured last year which basically makes him a rookie again this year as he didn't see any real playing time. Jamal Anderson was actually not bad against the run and Kroy Bierman is a great pass rusher, but can't be an every down DE. They have to focus on DE and LB. Derrick Morgan is the best DE in the draft right now and Carlos Dunlap will be gone before the Falcons get their pick. That would leave Brandon Graham as the next best DE or they pick up Sean Withersoon as a LB. They don't have a second round pick and will have to either trade up or pickup the LB in the third round if they go DE first.

FlipKing
03-08-2010, 12:17 AM
The word is they may draft center, but most of the fan pressure says to draft DE or OLB. I think Jamal will be the 3rd DT and we should let Davis start. I mean...we resigned him for a reason. Draft OLB or Center.

atlxpat
03-08-2010, 03:11 AM
For once, I agree with you. LOL

haha me too! i really did wish we got peppers but atleast we addressed one issue, i was surprised with how much we're giving him. hope he lives up to the contract