PDA

View Full Version : BMW S.X Concept Car

ATL_e92
03-05-2010, 01:14 AM
This time we will talk about the BMW S.X. Concept, developed by Romanian designer Iulian Bumbu, the man behind the Lamborghini Insecta (http://www.importatlanta.com/news/lamborghini-insecta-concept-photos-4853.html)concept. The S.X. is Bumbu's interpretation of a possible future for a BMW luxury sports coupe. According to diseno-art.com, the S.X. could come to complete the 6 Series: wider and lower than the 6er, with a longer wheelbase and shorter overall length.

From the visual standpoint, the S.X. retains the general lines already established in today's BMW's. Still, even if it looks like a BMW when seen from the front and the back, not the same can be said about its lateral view.

Being only a design project, the designer did not provide any information regarding possible engines and drivetrains to be used by the S.X.

As for what would the S.X. have to battle for a place in the spotlight, should it ever get BMW's attention, it's enough to say it is a bit more classy than the M Concept we mentioned earlier. Whereas the M boasts raw power (5l V10 unit developing 536 hp), just as its intended Audi R8 target, the S.X. looks like it would better fit in the British interpretation of the luxury sports coupe: power with style.

HypnoToad
03-05-2010, 01:56 AM
it looks good and i like it......but it looks so much like many cars out right now,as in the side profile.

Drummerboy
03-05-2010, 02:37 AM
love the rear. I'm a sucker for a nice diffuser.

Humphrizzle
03-05-2010, 02:49 AM
trying to be something they're not..

hope they make it.. doubt anyone will buy it (at least not many)

osnap
03-05-2010, 06:38 AM
LOVE that swooping rear roof line

ATL_e92
03-05-2010, 09:07 AM
trying to be something they're not..

hope they make it.. doubt anyone will buy it (at least not many)
did you not read? it says that Iulian Bumbu designed the car for BMW but bmw did not ask him to,"should it ever get BMW's attention"

Nerdsrock22
03-05-2010, 09:59 AM
To me it looks like a Maserati to me.

It doesn't look bad at all though, I'm quite impressed by it. It looks a lot better than BMW's own 6.

İhris
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
ugliest thing i ever seen

JoshM
03-05-2010, 05:19 PM
ugliest thing i ever seen
:yes: