PDA

View Full Version : Car Title Help?

djpikachu1
03-04-2010, 10:09 PM
So this is the situation, a friend of mine bought this car from this guy and the deal was that when he finished paying him everything for the car, he would give him the title to the car. Every two weeks he would pay him in cash and they both knew how much, no receipts or anything, just remembering. But before he could finish paying him off the guy who sold him the car, he left. He went to another state without saying anything and have lost contact with him and he took the title with him. What do you guys suggest? Can my friend get another title to the car? What can he do in that situation? Thanks any help gets a little green.:goodjob:

skacore
03-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Can't do anything, no proof.

-EnVus-
03-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Duh haven't y'all heard of a contract and bill of sale that's been notarized ?
Sounds like he got screwed over on the car. The guy can claim y'all stole it if he wanted.

00 blk G20t
03-04-2010, 11:57 PM
go get a lawyer and sue him for your money back is about all you can do. maybe contact your local PD and see what they have to say about what you should do with the car.....since you obviously cant get a title for it and dont want to be held responsible for stealing it when it was a purchase that was never completed.

Mantooth
03-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Your friend is a fucking dumb ass.

I feel sorry for his situation, but he brought it upon himself.

DVSRX-7
03-05-2010, 12:39 AM

No proof of payments, means no mother fucking way he is getting that title. :doh:

Glade
03-05-2010, 12:41 AM
wow

keevo54
03-05-2010, 07:11 AM
lol sounds like a stolen car and someone trying to figure out how to title it

BIG WORM
03-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Go to tag office and get a T22B form.
Have an officer fill it out.
Then go get bonded title.

--end

djpikachu1
03-05-2010, 10:14 AM
ok thanks for the help and no it is not stolen and if it was i wouldnt be driving it, i would part out the car. thanks

ATK_Designs
03-05-2010, 10:54 AM
ok thanks for the help and no it is not stolen and if it was i wouldnt be driving it, i would part out the car. thanks

So that "friend" of yours is actually you.

TIGERJC
03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
hhhmmmmm

00 blk G20t
03-05-2010, 11:56 AM
i knew who i was talking to....LOL im surprised no one else did...."a friend"storys are so easy to spot. notice how i didnt say your friend.....

xxbckiexx
03-05-2010, 12:30 PM
If he was making payments and he has proof that he was deducting a certain amount every week to pay him and has the car in his possession a short court case should handle the problem. In the future do a bill of sale, you ignant fool.

EG_Ryder
03-05-2010, 02:48 PM

No proof of payments, means no mother fucking way he is getting that title. :doh:

x2

so what you're saying is, when you do steal cars you take them and part them out. but in this case you dont have to? :thinking::thinking::thinking: