PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a REAL Jeep...

speedminded
10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Automatic Wranglers with A/C is in the top 5 most hated vehicles by me, you won't find any of that here :D

Has a 350 from a '98 chevy pickup, for $1,500 more it's gonna have 4 wheel steering...I just love Scrambler's, longer wheelbase and much smoother ride...

Kelly_Rene
10-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Awesome. that thing looks huge! How tall is it?

Pher
11-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Fn Awesome!

5thgcelica
11-01-2005, 09:51 AM
looks awesome.

would you mine explaning why there is a brake at the end of what appears to be the drive shaft. i dont realy know why you'd wanna do that. but i have near to no knowlege of off roading and that has peeked my curiosity. so if you wouldnt mind explaining :)

HiPSI
11-01-2005, 12:11 PM
looks awesome.

would you mine explaning why there is a brake at the end of what appears to be the drive shaft. i dont realy know why you'd wanna do that. but i have near to no knowlege of off roading and that has peeked my curiosity. so if you wouldnt mind explaining :)

bascially that axle looks like something out of a dumptruck or semi truck. normally those have gigantic drum air brakes that wouldn't ever fit inside those wheels, so the brake on the end of the driveline allows him to still use rear brakes without all kinds of crazy work to stick them in the normal locations. that, and on a rock crawler you never really break 10mph, so it's not like you need a shit ton of braking power, just enough to stop the thing when needed at low speeds.

5thgcelica
11-01-2005, 01:16 PM
bascially that axle looks like something out of a dumptruck or semi truck. normally those have gigantic drum air brakes that wouldn't ever fit inside those wheels, so the brake on the end of the driveline allows him to still use rear brakes without all kinds of crazy work to stick them in the normal locations. that, and on a rock crawler you never really break 10mph, so it's not like you need a shit ton of braking power, just enough to stop the thing when needed at low speeds.

oh. well that'd make sense.. thanks!

AWD OWNZ U
11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Looks fun, I've never been huge on dedicated trail vehicles though. It's more fun to have a versatile truck I can take trips with IMO.