PDA

View Full Version : 4age?

91blackteg
03-04-2010, 06:04 AM
ok so im thinking about swapping in a 4age into the corolla. Just wondering what trans i could bolt up to it, also how is the fitment. What i mean is motor mounts and shifter fitment, and will it all bolt up to my driveshaft?

Dolemite
03-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Done a TE72, 4age powered. The motor is much lighter, so stock front springs will make your camber all wrong. Mounts on the t sub frame are about 2 inches too far foward, and the exhaust hits the stering gear. You can fix this by getting your hands on a ae72 front subframe and stering colum but those are hard to find these days. The last TE72 i did i had to fix all problems but a AE72 car is a bolt in swap.
I would buy side drafts and a cam for the 3t and bust that 4age's ass. Puregrove's TE38 wagon will run any 4age. It only lost to Postscripts NA hi comp 16v on webbers. But i have walked the dog on 20v's with those mods on a 3tc.

Good Luck either way you go:goodjob:

(pardon my spelling i jus woke up and dont wanna use spell check)

driftyboy
03-04-2010, 04:20 PM
ok so im thinking about swapping in a 4age into the corolla. Just wondering what trans i could bolt up to it, also how is the fitment. What i mean is motor mounts and shifter fitment, and will it all bolt up to my driveshaft?

Get a 4AG dude!........ then sell me your 3TC. :ninja:

Ziptied
03-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Screw the 4AG, if anything do an 18R-G

91blackteg
03-04-2010, 07:32 PM
so really a 4age swap is more trouble then its worth?

Ziptied
03-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Yup. You can do fine with the engine you have. Turbo 3TC's are no joke.

puregroove
03-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I concur on the 3tc, unless you're doin' the 4age for it's reliability [FI].

olivertwist
03-06-2010, 10:34 PM
i got one for sale $200 gts engine with rwd intake

91blackteg
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
i got one for sale $200 gts engine with rwd intake

you got a trans. to?

Ziptied
03-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I've got a few GT-S transmissions. Not sure if you'd wanna drive to Charleston for one though lol

dragoncelica
03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Dude dont do it 4age is crap and not as reliable as a 3tc, also a 3tc will run over a 4age any day when built and i am talking about both engines been built, the 3tc will run over the 4ag also there is a big factor and is money what you need is to turbo efi your 3tc and go for it easylly 350 or 400 whp, with the right parts, and by the way the tranys are the same on both 4age and 3tc the bellhousing is the only diference if you got a 82, the 80-81 uses the same trany but the output shaft is 20 splines instead of 21 and the imput shaft bearing is smaller outside is exactlly the same and it can be used in both aplications!

Elbow
03-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Dude dont do it 4age is crap and not as reliable as a 3tc, also a 3tc will run over a 4age any day when built and i am talking about both engines been built, the 3tc will run over the 4ag also there is a big factor and is money what you need is to turbo efi your 3tc and go for it easylly 350 or 400 whp, with the right parts, and by the way the tranys are the same on both 4age and 3tc the bellhousing is the only diference if you got a 82, the 80-81 uses the same trany but the output shaft is 20 splines instead of 21 and the imput shaft bearing is smaller outside is exactlly the same and it can be used in both aplications!

I've never heard of any real reliability issues with a 4AGE. I will say I've always heard of 3TC's making more but the 4AGE isn't a BAD motor.

Ziptied
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
The 4AG is a perfectly reliable engine. It's up to the OP as to what he want's to do.

RollaAce
03-12-2010, 12:30 PM
3tc has more torque, more potential for the same money for mods as 4age. Stock internals can handle 250 hp, put forged internals in and u can build it to your wildest imagination. The block can handle 580 hp.

SidewayzS14
03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Having owned a 81 corolla with a 3tc, i would suggest keeping the 3tc its already a good little motor n like everyone else is saying a 3tc will walk a 4age all day with a bigger carb, also parts for the 3tc are cheaper as well, plus personaly i think the 3tc sounds better n im shure there are quite a few people will agree with me on that one, look at some videos on youtube of 3tcs n you'll see why people love them so much

dragoncelica
03-13-2010, 07:07 PM
I've never heard of any real reliability issues with a 4AGE. I will say I've always heard of 3TC's making more but the 4AGE isn't a BAD motor.
of course you never heard shit, you never ever worked with them, you just watch and heard whatever they said in the damn "initial D" anime show,
Let me tell you something kid, and guys out there;
beating on a stock or mostlly stock 4ag is like beatting your mom car, is useless, and hell yea it is reliable cuz you are not pushing the limits on the damn shit,
I do back in the day, and can tell you to have a reliable 4ag in race trim you need to spend big money more than you guys can afford i bet neather of you will buy a valvetrain that cost you $2500 and a set of cams for it at $1500 to talk cheap, and experiment with it hell no with that money you can built a very very reliable 400WHP turbo 3tc that can walk way over any 4ag and last 6 times what the 4ag will come on guys wake up to reallity and leave behind the "INITIAL D" dreams!

Dolemite
03-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Or if you love Inital D, jus change it up and put a 3tc in it!

And Juan you speek nothing but truth again. If you wanna Run like hell 3tc FTW!!!!

Elbow
03-13-2010, 08:55 PM
of course you never heard shit, you never ever worked with them, you just watch and heard whatever they said in the damn "initial D" anime show,
Let me tell you something kid, and guys out there;
beating on a stock or mostlly stock 4ag is like beatting your mom car, is useless, and hell yea it is reliable cuz you are not pushing the limits on the damn shit,
I do back in the day, and can tell you to have a reliable 4ag in race trim you need to spend big money more than you guys can afford i bet neather of you will buy a valvetrain that cost you $2500 and a set of cams for it at $1500 to talk cheap, and experiment with it hell no with that money you can built a very very reliable 400WHP turbo 3tc that can walk way over any 4ag and last 6 times what the 4ag will come on guys wake up to reallity and leave behind the "INITIAL D" dreams!

I hope you're kidding, I fucking hate that movie and the anime shit. I've worked on 4AG's and have had friends with them, I'm just saying they aren't unreliable in stock or mildly modified trim. Remember we don't do the same car things here, you need to work on your communication skills you immature twat.

dragoncelica
03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
OHHH COME ON KID!
Are you ass hurted again?
i tough you get over that KIDDO, come on this is the damn NET,
You need to get less ass hurted kid and more realistic, by the way dont try to hide your faggyness with us, we all know you love "INITIAL D"
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

LeX
03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Initial D is the shit, yo

Elbow
03-21-2010, 08:18 PM
OHHH COME ON KID!
Are you ass hurted again?
i tough you get over that KIDDO, come on this is the damn NET,
You need to get less ass hurted kid and more realistic, by the way dont try to hide your faggyness with us, we all know you love "INITIAL D"
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

THAT'S what I was trying to remember. "Ass hurted" LMFAO BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

olivertwist
03-22-2010, 06:18 PM
I've got a few GT-S transmissions. Not sure if you'd wanna drive to Charleston for one though lol

you still have some trannsmissions