PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods turbo intake manifold fabrication

HiRide
03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know what a local fabricator [that knows what they're doing] would charge to do a custom intake manifold? I can get a tested and tuned manifold for $1000, but if a local fabricator can offer a significant savings for a decent quality part, I would probably just go that route... might just have them do the piping as well. Something along these lines would be what I am looking for, obviously it wont look exactly like this one, but this is the idea.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/images/products/horsepowerfreaks/inmani1.jpg

Thanks,

Rich

dallasb84
03-04-2010, 04:26 AM
too bad you didnt have one ..... i could make it outa graphite....

making a sheetmetal intake would be pretty easy as well. theres no tb plate or anything.......

are there any vacuum ports

NovaScotia
03-05-2010, 12:54 PM
this is the wrong place to be asking about this. BFc has a handfull of guys doing great custom work.

HiRide
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
There are no vacuum ports on the manifold.... vacuum comes from chamber that feeds behind the 6 throttle bodies. the only thing I would need is a place for the methanol nozzle.

as for bf.c , I could post this up anywhere I just didnt want to limit myself to BMW only shops. An intake manifold is an intake manifold, its no different for a BMW and to be perfectly honest, while there are many great fabricators, turbo intake manifolds are not commonly done on BMW's since they already run cast intake manifolds with equal length runners.

This type of manifold is generally reserved for high boost applications and the people with the most experience with high boost turbo system fabrication will not be working with many BMW's.. in this area its going to be supra's, Evo's, and anyone with RB motors. I dont think I know any boosted BMW in the area with a sheet metal intake manifold.

either way just wanted to get an estimated cost, sheet metal or otherwise... Needs to be able to handle around 25psi. Its not that I am running tons of boost, but the stock intake manifold is glued plastic and will come apart under anything more than 4-5psi.