PDA

View Full Version : in need of SOHC ZC info

04sleepa
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Ok recently I bought a 91 crx dx. I believe it was supposed to come with a d15, but a ZC was swapped into it. Everything Ive seen about the motor up until now is that its very similar to the d16a6 but with a more aggressive cam. Does anyone know anything else about this motor?? What ecu should I be running? (currently a pm5) Would a pm5 cause me to not pass emissions like it is now?? Is it DPFI or is it MPFI? Why do I have an old school looking throttle body lol?? Any info will be greatly appreciated!!!

Only pic I have of the engine bay right now. If the weather is better tomorrow I should have some better ones up!!
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/chubbrokk/02-27-10_1620.jpg

solblu
03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
As long as it's dual point it needs the dual point ECU. The intake manifolds and distributors are interchangeable, so someone probably just swapped the long block out.

The pic shows a DPFI motor.(dual point)

Basically a SOHC non-VTEC ZC is an A6. Do you have any CEl's on? Is it noticably rich or lean?

04sleepa
03-05-2010, 11:20 PM
When the pm5 is in i dont throw any codes but when I put the pm6 in I threw code 4 and code 16. 4 being the cas and 16 for fuel which i believe has everything to do with me not having mpfi. So for the time being I put the pm5 back in. Hopefully this weekend I will be doing the mpfi swap, my only hang up is that I found out about an hour ago that I need the si engine harness. As far rich or lean, nothing noticeable is going on.

solblu
03-06-2010, 05:02 AM
It's probably a bad o2 sensor or bad cat causing your emissions problem. I'd pass emissions before I went MPFI.

Does it have a CAT installed? Has it been gutted?

04sleepa
03-06-2010, 07:41 AM
The guy who I bought the car from just put a new cat on it about 2 weeks ago but never bolted the flange completely flush so there is a very noticeable gap. Im fixing that today. As far as a bad o2, wouldn't it throw a code??