PDA

View Full Version : Misc Starting p90x, does anyone want to start with me?

sam.car
03-02-2010, 05:38 AM
I'm starting p90x. Does anyone on here want to start with me?

My physical background:
When I worked out back in highschool

before I started working out: 140
after I worked out: (my peak weight) 160lbs

Max bench when I began working out: 125
Max bench right before I was forced to stop working out: 225

Weight after I left the hospital: 140lbs

When I FIRST moved to gainesville for college. After getting out of the hospital, and eating disgusting fatty to go fast food basically all day every day, not working out once.
165lbs

Now. After rollerblading pretty regularly for 3 months, getting back into shape
5'10"
150lbs

I haven't rollerbladed since I left for winter break. That was the beginning of December. I'm sitting in my apartment doing jack shit, when I should be doing something positive, other than school work. I'd like to get into shape, because despite my size/appearance, I am terribly out of shape. It'd be nice to build some size, too.

I've acquired P90x, and I have taken pictures of myself in my current state, and plan on taking pictures and monitoring my progress. I was just wondering if there was anyone else on here who was thinking about doing it, and if anyone wanted to actually start with me.

C-loS109
03-02-2010, 06:07 AM
im doing it and ordering it this thursday... i actually already bought the pull up bar and the weights... im way heavier then you though... lol im 5'11 and 215. but it'll take a while for mine to get here.

sam.car
03-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Yeah, mine should be here later on today. I just went ahead and portioned out the next 17 day of meals for me. Haha.

Blitanicle99
03-02-2010, 06:58 AM
P90X is a great workout for toning and getting cut.

I do that in cycle with my other bulk work-outs.

Good luck! If you make it through your first week and actually finish the work out correctly I'm impressed. First 2 weeks, I had to either stop or take a few minute break. That shit is hard!

Don't expect to get huge on this workout! It will put you in great shape and cut, however you will not be big.

sam.car
03-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Oh I already know I'll have to take breaks. I'll have to take many breaks at first. :D

Blitanicle99
03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I ended up taking the workout to a hand written form/typed form and bringing it with me to the gym.

I refuse to jump around doing ridiculous jumping jacks however so I supplemented a few things in place of others.

Its also a good idea to change up the kind of weight your using... You can do slow motion push-ups and then change to slow motion bench... then slow motion dumbells... And so on... You get the idea...

Princess12
03-02-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm doing Power 90 first, then I plan on starting P90X when I finish. I'm on day 6 of Power 90, and I'm really enjoying it.

jdmdb8itr
03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
get some running in between work outs, it really helps, thats a great work out but keep it up and switch it around a little to confuse your body. dont let your body get use to your work out.

Maki
03-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I started it a while back and made through week two but my schedule prevented me from keeping it up, i'm about to start over again. This work out is crazy and if you do as it says it cant NOT work, it has to lol. Good luck to any who try. The smaller guys are gonna have it a little easier than us 200lbs guys on this since its a lot of plyo and body weight workouts.

Gorilla Eg!
03-21-2010, 07:23 PM
that new body by jake over the door resistance machine looks badass also.....might want to check into that as well.... its only like 15 bucks