PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on CNN, we are BROKE and going BANKRUPT!!

preferredduck
03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
this is the first time i have really seen the mainstream media actually have him on about this issue. interesting video. any comments welcome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wwI0694iJs&feature=player_embedded

Vteckidd
03-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Duh lol

fed released financial findings last week we are 11.4 TRILLION in the red as of the end of 2009.

That's without healthcare, without jobs bill, without the 900 million he wants to spend on education. That's with 10% unemployment and climbing

pretty soon all this talk about healthcare and shit will be pointless as we are put back to a third world country. China sold off a bunch of debt 2 weeks ago. The bubble will burst soon.

The second we stop or become unable to sell treasurys inflation will skyrocket , une
unemployment will stay stagnate, GDP will shrink, and that's how they say the cookie crumbles.

It's been fun but the current course of govt spending is unsustainable, nobody in office cares though

btw beck and oreilly have been covering the debt and treasury and fed issues for over a year and Ron Paul has been on there

BanginJimmy
03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Paul may be able to say it more elaborately than most of us, but the majority of Americans have known this for years.

Eventually someone will come along and really spell out what needs to be done to reduce the debt. It will consist of things like eliminating entitlement programs, foreign aid, and the reduction of our military to nothing more than a self defense force.

Vteckidd
03-02-2010, 10:14 AM
I don't think it needs to be that drastic. It would be nice if congress decided not to take a paycheck for 2-5 years

XanRules
03-02-2010, 11:50 AM
People are just now figuring this out?
Welcome to, like, 2003.

tony
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
People are just now figuring this out?
Welcome to, like, 2003.

Exactly what I was going to say, this isn't a revelation if people weren't too blinded by their partisan affiliations.

BanginJimmy
03-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Exactly what I was going to say, this isn't a revelation if people weren't too blinded by their partisan affiliations.

Hey we agree on something.

Dem went crazy at GOP for spending and the Patriot Act before 2008. GOP going crazy now for spending and health care.

Anyone else notice the single thing that never seems to change?

David88vert
03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Anyone else notice the single thing that never seems to change?

Uh, Atlanta traffic?:crazy:

BanginJimmy
03-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Uh, Atlanta traffic?:crazy:

That changes all the time. The problem lies in the fact that it is always getting worse.

BanginJimmy
03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't think it needs to be that drastic.

It really does need to be that drastic. The interest on our debt alone equals defense spending. Cut out the entitlements and foreign aid and we will be able to actually pay the debt off in a decade or so.

So far this fiscal year we have spent 164.2B on the interest on that debt.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm

preferredduck
03-02-2010, 11:04 PM
all of your comments are awesome!!! but it's the fact that the mainstream media ae actually reaching some of the sheeple now. the sad part is they have a currencly lined up for us and i bet $100 our constitution and bill of rights will be null and void. keep it coming guy.

also traffic is getting worse but for 3 years i always slow down at the same damn spots like clockwork, but it's been dragging out later in the day on the way up and later for the ride home!!!!

preferredduck
03-08-2010, 12:43 AM

or too busy watching MTV at age 32 and the latest on paris hilton's little dog!!!! i have known this for a long time but to actually see it on CNN blew my mind for real.

F8d2Blk
03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
He's been saying it all along. At least he has the balls to say something.

preferredduck
03-12-2010, 02:24 AM
He's been saying it all along. At least he has the balls to say something.

i know but the mainstream media cut him off while running etc and he had the bill to audit the federal reserve bank because we have the right to know it is a private bank controlling our curreny, not out gov't.

alpine_aw11
03-17-2010, 03:19 PM
If I was Mitt Romney or Palin, I would be plotting to kill Ron Paul right now. Unlike the rest of conservatives he puts actual logic into his statements instead of stirring up the tea party morons. I'm thinking by the end of Obamas term Paul will be exponentially more popular if he keeps getting exposure. If Palin is considered for a presidential run and he isn't, it's game over for America.

tony
03-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Ron Paul hasn't changed at all since his Presidential campaign, and he was black balled by the Republican party, probably for being outspoken. Paul is an atypical politician, which draws his appeal from us but is a turn of to the bureaucracy that is big government. Unfortunately he doesn't have the charisma to be a serious contender, Romney has the look but his religion is an issue for the Southern christians that make up a large part of the Republican base and Palin's presence is polarizing but she lacks the substance to truly compete. Personally I think the Governor from Florida becomes the nominee, Charlie Crist.

TIGERJC
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Ron Paul hasn't changed at all since his Presidential campaign, and he was black balled by the Republican party, probably for being outspoken. Paul is an atypical politician, which draws his appeal from us but is a turn of to the bureaucracy that is big government. Unfortunately he doesn't have the charisma to be a serious contender, Romney has the look but his religion is an issue for the Southern christians that make up a large part of the Republican base and Palin's presence is polarizing but she lacks the substance to truly compete. Personally I think the Governor from Florida becomes the nominee, Charlie Crist.

lol Charlie Crist may have some gay demons in the closet

tony
03-18-2010, 06:45 AM
lol Charlie Crist may have some gay demons in the closet

If he does then maybe Republicans need to be more concerned about ethics within their own party rather than focusing on the Democrats. Their level of ethical behavior is close to sickening.

BanginJimmy
03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
If he does then maybe Republicans need to be more concerned about ethics within their own party rather than focusing on the Democrats. Their level of ethical behavior is close to sickening.

Do you really think that ANY politician has any ethics?

The GOP base is conservatives, the dem base is the poor and minorities. If you go back through legislation that is passed during either party's time in power you will find laws that favor their base. I dont care if it's affirmative action or a tax cut, ALL politicians are actors that play to their party's base. None are trust worthy, all are liars, all of them are a detriment to our country.

preferredduck
03-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Do you really think that ANY politician has any ethics?

The GOP base is conservatives, the dem base is the poor and minorities. If you go back through legislation that is passed during either party's time in power you will find laws that favor their base. I dont care if it's affirmative action or a tax cut, ALL politicians are actors that play to their party's base. None are trust worthy, all are liars, all of them are a detriment to our country.

true true, couldn't have said it better myself, i don't trust any of them at all!!!