PDA

View Full Version : CautionMeDC2 buyer beware

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I bought his car as seen in this thread, http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278557 and was told this car was a daily driver and ran good. Car has over heated since the day I got it and had water in the oil a day later. Engine hydro locked this morning due to so much water in the cylinders. The car has a blown head gasket and he lied to me about the condition of the engine in this car. Beware when dealing with him and don't trust his word. Ill post pictures when I take the engine apart in the car.

gerardojdm
03-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Damn, that sucks ass!!!!!!!! Get your $ back

-EnVus-
03-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Well his name is CautionMe so......

CautionMeDC2
03-02-2010, 09:16 AM
i say this guy is full of shit. he calls and says that the car wouldnt turn over in the morning when he had to go to work. then he says that he took it apart and got the water out and drove it to work. how the hell do you take a engine apart that quick and put it back together before you're late to work???

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Pull the plugs. Not that hard.

It would have been different had you been straight up with me. Then I wouldn't have sold my daily driver thinking this car would get me back and forth to work for a month or so. I already fixed all the other shit and got Recaro seats for this car and everything as soon as I got it home that day instead of putting my attention to a mechanical issue that I didn't know I had until driving the car more than 8 miles.

CautionMeDC2
03-02-2010, 09:26 AM
oh but yu drove it saturday all thru georgia, becouse even my dad saw yu and tones of people call me say where was i going but it was you driving it.

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Yes, having to stop every hour or so, sometimes more because the car is a gallon + low on coolant and running hot.

oneSLOWex
03-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Did you not check everything out before buying it?

CautionMeDC2
03-02-2010, 09:34 AM
but yu said yu cudnt drive a mile without it running hot now your saying that it was an hour, first it was jus running hot then yu messed with the engine and next thing you know theres water in the oil.

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Yes but you can't see a blown head gasket. He had the car running when I got there...hmm wonder why? I drove it a few miles and the coolant light came on. I touched the sensor and it went off so I figured it was just an electrical issue like the cars are known for.

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 09:36 AM
but yu said yu cudnt drive a mile without it running hot now your saying that it was an hour, first it was jus running hot then yu messed with the engine and next thing you know theres water in the oil.

I messed with the engine? How so? By removing the plugs to get the water out? Yes that caused that water to jump in there. And yes, now it is a mile before it over heats. Its gotten worse.

oneSLOWex
03-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Yes but you can't see a blown head gasket. He had the car running when I got there...hmm wonder why? I drove it a few miles and the coolant light came on. I touched the sensor and it went off so I figured it was just an electrical issue like the cars are known for.

If it was already warm...then it should have started to over-heat while you tested out the car. How long of a drive did you take in it before buying it?

Im not defending anyone BTW....I dont know either of you. Im just asking questions.

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 09:38 AM
If it was already warm...then it should have started to over-heat while you tested out the car. How long of a drive did you take in it before buying it?

Im not defending anyone BTW....I dont know either of you. Im just asking questions.

Not long enough for it to over heat. About 2-3 miles. It had not been running long, temp gauge was just up slightly when I got there.

CautionMeDC2
03-02-2010, 09:43 AM
you messed with the engine becouse yu said you changed so rings out or something becouse of it over heating, you saw the coolant light on but yet failed to tell me about it, yu checkd out the car and drove it but way be for you drove it yu were already trying to close the deal.

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 09:43 AM
No worries, the proof will be in the pictures when I take the engine apart. Then we shall see who is full of shit.

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
you messed with the engine becouse yu said you changed so rings out or something becouse of it over heating, you saw the coolant light on but yet failed to tell me about it, yu checkd out the car and drove it but way be for you drove it yu were already trying to close the deal.

Yes, I changed an o-ring that was leaking on the coolant level sensor. Big deal, that didn't hurt anything.

JDMJAYDC2
03-02-2010, 09:46 AM
this sucks but this happens when you buy a used car sometimes man i hate this for both parties

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
this sucks but this happens when you buy a used car sometimes man i hate this for both parties

He told me last night that his dad said it would try to over heat sometimes too. That would have been good to know if thats the only thing he knew about it over heating. Like I said it would be different had he been straight up to start with.

ej6kidd
03-02-2010, 12:12 PM
in the forsale thread the day you bought the car u told him thanks and that u fixed the windows and e brake why did u fail to mention there that the car was over heating it sounded like you where really happy with it and u posted that a couple hours after buying it

turbolaser6
03-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Wow i drove the car it was fine i was even gonna buy it!! i think this is full of bull

DC2NR
03-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow i drove the car it was fine i was even gonna buy it!! i think this is full of bull

Honestly there are some things that you can't tell from a test drive right away. There are problems that may persist after a few days to a week of driving it.

Hope you get things fixed.

JITB
03-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I for one, know that those Bmws will run fine with bad headgaskets. Especially those motors!

I have seen plenty of older 535, 735s do the same thing.. the headgasket gets worse slowly.. but it will crank.. but wont crank after sitting. And eventually it will lock up.. Sucks, tho those motors arent cheap.

turbolaser6
03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
buyer should check all that and research what he's buying..... third party opinion...

JITB
03-02-2010, 02:38 PM
buyer should check all that and research what he's buying..... third party opinion...

did u know that before u went to go look at it?.. its just one of those things. i doubt the seller knew it either. i only know it because my neighbor restores bmws, and i help him alot.. and i just have seen how these cars are.

Most people look for obvious signs, like milky oil/coolant, and white smoke...

not picking sides.. but it happens.. and old cars suck...lol

CautionMeDC2
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
did u know that before u went to go look at it?.. its just one of those things. i doubt the seller knew it either. i only know it because my neighbor restores bmws, and i help him alot.. and i just have seen how these cars are.

we told the guy that we had no clue that it had a fucked up headgasket but he kept on cussing and what not. after he had enough he just hung up.

JITB
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
well hope u all work it out!

DC2NR
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM

I always check for that milky oil. Sure sign of a bad head gasket. :goodjob:

turbolaser6
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
we told the guy that we had no clue that it had a fucked up headgasket but he kept on cussing and what not. after he had enough he just hung up.

sounds like a not so happpy person...

ash7
03-02-2010, 04:21 PM
did u know that before u went to go look at it?.. its just one of those things. i doubt the seller knew it either.

agreed, perhaps the car should have been checked more thoroughly before money exchanged hands.

I always check for that milky oil. Sure sign of a bad head gasket. :goodjob:

or a full oil catch can :)

-jonathan

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 10:30 PM
in the forsale thread the day you bought the car u told him thanks and that u fixed the windows and e brake why did u fail to mention there that the car was over heating it sounded like you where really happy with it and u posted that a couple hours after buying it

I drove 10 minutes home and parked it. The car had not over heated yet but I did notice the sensor leak. Its a 25 year old car, the leak wasn't a big deal at that point.

turbolaser6
03-02-2010, 10:52 PM
i got a 84 porsche they old cars they cant be perfect!!

9ussy
03-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Honestly there are some things that you can't tell from a test drive right away. There are problems that may persist after a few days to a week of driving it.

Hope you get things fixed.

like this guys says.. happened to me once before :goodjob:

X-Runner
03-02-2010, 11:52 PM
i got a 84 porsche they old cars they cant be perfect!!

Exactly why I never even worried about the sensor leaking. Its an old car...they have issues, I just didn't know about or expect it to need engine work right away.

CautionMeDC2
03-03-2010, 12:16 AM
i still sy your bsing. get your story straight then come back and tell ia exactly what you did to fuck up the car.

ash7
03-03-2010, 07:25 AM
i still sy your bsing. get your story straight then come back and tell ia exactly what you did to fuck up the car.

he probably didn't do anything...

like everyone is saying, it's most likely just one of those things that happens when you buy an older car.

-jonathan

CautionMeDC2
03-03-2010, 10:20 AM
he probably didn't do anything...

like everyone is saying, it's most likely just one of those things that happens when you buy an older car.

-jonathan

maybe but yet he wants to make me look like the bad guy, even tho iv told him plenty of times that i had no clue that it was blown.

xrunner- so you drove the car for 10mins parked it and didnt try to drive it till the next day?

CautionMeDC2
03-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests) CautionMeDC2 (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/member.php?u=42132), ash7 (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/member.php?u=4444), b16panic (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/member.php?u=42971), X-Runner (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/member.php?u=23876)
waiting for a reply?

X-Runner
03-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I drove the car again that day a few hours later, for about 15 minutes, no traffic. It sat for an hour then 15 minutes back home with no traffic again. The next day when I started driving the car longer it started running low on coolant and over heating. And I was at work, working, not having time to respond.

ash7
03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
maybe but yet he wants to make me look like the bad guy, even tho iv told him plenty of times that i had no clue that it was blown?

well, by responding to, and keeping up with the thread you're already doing a lot better than 75% of the folks who get these threads written about them (or the folks who write these threads needlessly). If both parties keep the swearing and threats to a minimum, it usually goes a long ways towards a resolution to the issue.

-jonathan