PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods help! motor noob

A-ran
03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Type R pistons in a gsr, good or bad? Also what kind of cams should i get? keep in mind this is for my dd...

sicks2k
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
What is your WHP goal?

A-ran
03-01-2010, 10:54 PM
around 200?

Starrfire
03-01-2010, 11:25 PM
pistons good, gonna need more than itr pistons and some cams to make 200 wheel. Mainly getting rid of the gsr manifold

sicks2k
03-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Get skunk2 cams, vteckidd header, intake, 2.5 exhaust and a good tune and you should get there.

NoWAyItZTOMmY
03-01-2010, 11:46 PM
these should help ya

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2736352

2.0lef_itbs
03-02-2010, 12:52 AM
CTR pistons would be better

big mac
03-02-2010, 12:57 AM
ctr pistons in a gsr would be hella high ass compression i would not do it for a dd. get a skunk2 intake mani also ditch that stock gsr

A-ran
03-02-2010, 09:56 PM
thanks everyone!

I have already ordered the type R pistons and i also have a skunk2 intake mani on the way. my biggest thing was cams, what cams would go good with the type R pistons? i like skunk2 cams but idk if the money is there for them... :???:

dose anyone have anything good to say about the blox cams? i was thinking about getting the blox type b cams. i want something that im gonna feel... i dont want some prissy boy cams :gay: but i do have to keep in mind that i have to drive this everyday.

thoughts?

Starrfire
03-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Blox B's would be good. I still wouldn't bet the farm on making 200 wheel though. Gonna need a way to tune it. Especially with the single runner manifold being on there, and with bigger cams and the stock low vtec engagement point your mid range will be aweful. Like way slower than it is now. So tuning will make it shine. Even a few "go fast" parts and tuning will make your car much funner even if you don't meet your goals.

9ussy
03-02-2010, 11:18 PM
tuning is key. Get gsr ecu chipped or p28 chipped or hondata s200.

But about the cams a buddy of mine had the Blox B cams vtec hit hard but your going to need the valve-train upgrade..
I had the skunk2 pro1 just as good as the Blox B.

It's really up to you.

DC2NR
03-03-2010, 12:03 AM
tuning is key. Get gsr ecu chipped or p28 chipped or hondata s200.

But about the cams a buddy of mine had the Blox B cams vtec hit hard but your going to need the valve-train upgrade..
I had the skunk2 pro1 just as good as the Blox B.

It's really up to you.

Pro 1's are better than Blox B's. Are you sure you didn't have the stage 1's?

I had the Blox B's and they were good cams. With the ITR pistons, a good header (IMO VtecKidd's RMF replica's :goodjob:), 2.5" exhaust, skunk2 IM, Blox B's, adj. cam gears, and a good tune you can probably net around 175-185whp.

200whp is doable on a stock port head, but not as easy as it seems. A good port job and valve job can get it there.

A-ran
03-03-2010, 11:30 PM
okay cool. well i think i might try the blox type b cams. i live in the columbus ga area and we dont have anywhere other then maybe one place that might tune cars, i need to check into that.

im taking the head and the block to be done i want everything to be right and hold up for a long time... i plan on getting my head ported as well as gettting a valve-train upgrade to go with the cams. anyone got a chipped ecu?

the 200 would be pertty nice if i could get up there and i plan on being right around 200 but i really just want alittle more power and want it to last!

ash7
03-04-2010, 06:49 AM
dose anyone have anything good to say about the blox cams? i was thinking about getting the blox type b cams. i want something that im gonna feel... i dont want some prissy boy cams :gay: but i do have to keep in mind that i have to drive this everyday.

thoughts?

Here we're running into the issue of what you're willing to tolerate as far as idling issues go. Instead of BLOX type Bs, why not save up a couple more dollars and pick up a set of used Rocket M24x cams that will actually make power?

-jonathan