PDA

View Full Version : EF Nonsense

Code-Aye
03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
so i wired my car for mpfi, and vtec, the car runs and drives, but it wont rev over 3. which means my ecu is in safe mode, i have code 4,15,22 which is crank position sensor, icm, vtec oil pressure switch i think. i got a brand new distributer, plugs, wires, and i also tried a pw0 and a ls ecu and both times it only reved to 3.

im running a pr3,

some ppl were telling me my wiring is bad, but i have the orange wire from c1 in b10, and the white wire from c2 to b12, and off the top of my i head i think c1 is blue/green, and c2 is blue yellow.

im not really sure what else it could be, besides the tps, oh and i checked timming, and its set perfect

thanks

JDMTEG1990
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
get a ef si harness and ecu .. it wont read for the crank position sensor if its not in the wiring you dont need it..

*EFilliated*
03-01-2010, 10:41 PM
check back your wiring, same thing happened to me when i converted

Code-Aye
03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
get a ef si harness and ecu .. it wont read for the crank position sensor if its not in the wiring you dont need it..

ef si harness doesnt work, what are you talking about?

this weekend im going to double check my wiring this weekend

nightstalker
03-04-2010, 10:24 AM
im using a pw0 on my 91 hatch. the problem i had with mine was about the same as yours but all i had was an 2 injector wires crossed. another thing about the pwo on a d15b7 is it does not have a knock sensor and it is forever going to cause it to throw a check engine light and vtec wont work. i corrected that problem by chipping the ecu and removing the knock sensor and the secondary o2 sensor

RBS
03-04-2010, 10:32 AM
make sure your injector wires are right

you swap c1/c2 to b10/b12, leave the previous c1/c2 empty and run b10/b12 to dizzy sensor ( the ones just just stated )

run a wire from pin B5 straight to the vtec pressure switch. and check all wires around your dizzy, if alls good.. replaced your ICM inside the dizzy. 15 dollar part at most