PDA

View Full Version : Forged Performance 2010 Time Attack Series - Rounds 1 & 2

Decker1.8t
03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Forged Performance Time Attack Series

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/Decker18t/Forged/TABanner.jpg

Time Attack: AKA Time Trial. A motorsport event intended to allow competitors to run the single fastest lap they are capable of. Typical Time Attack events have at least a few practice sessions and 5 lap competitive sessions. Those five laps consist of an out-lap to enable the competitor to cross the Start/Finish line at speed, followed by 3 flying timed laps, and then a cool down lap. This allows the driver to focus on doing whatever it takes to turn the single best lap time, without having to build a race car capable of running an endurance race, or worrying about tire or fuel usage.

Many of you have seen Forged Performance’s Time Attack cars competing at the national level over the past few years. So we’ve decided to make Time Attack more accessible at the local level and available at smaller regional tracks.

We are announcing the Forged Performance Time Attack Series starting with two events for 2010.

Round 1: May 15th -16th at Talledega Grand Prix
Round 2: Aug 28th -29th Roebling Road Raceway

Attendees will have the option of open track (no timing) either or both days, and transponders will be available for both open track and Time Attack sessions.

Pricing Structure:

Time Attack Weekend
$195 Saturday or Sunday alone
$255 Saturday and Sunday combined

AMB Transponder rental is required to record timed sessions, unless you have your own.

Transponder Rental Fee: $40

Classes:

Unlimited: As long as it has 4 tires anything goes…period.

Track: 40+ treadwear tires and current registration, serious track day enthusiast on race rubber in a street car.

Street Mod: 140+ tread wear tires, current registration, interior required from the front seats forward, street tires

Sporty: 180+ treadwear tires, current registration, FULL Interior, no Forced-Induction CHANGES (no FI on non-FI cars, no turbo/blower upgrades on factory FI cars), light bolt-ons.

*At the discretion of Forged Performance certain “Super-Cars” will not be eligible for Sporty. This will apply to cars that have “Super-Car” levels of performance from the factory, such as modern Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Z06 Vette’s, GT-R’s, etc.

--------------

Example of Tech Requirements

Vehicle Interior:

Interior Mirror
Seat Belts
Fire Extinguishers (optional)
Pedals in Good Condition
Brake Pedal Firm
Emergency Brake Operational

Suspension & Running Gear:

Steering Linkage
Suspension & Shocks
Wheel Bearings
Metal/Flexible Brake Lines
Brakes Recently Bled
Rims In Good Condition

Vehicle Exterior:

Brake Lights
No Fluid Leakage
No Cracked Glass
No Excessive Rust
Exterior Mirror
Windshield Wipers
Gas Cap Secure
Tire Pressure
Sufficient Brake Pads (3/16” min)

Engine & Trunk Compartments:

Battery Secure
Electrical Harness
Relays Secure
Fan Belt
Throttle Linkage
Oil & Gas Lines Secure
Brake Fluid Changed
Hood & Deck Lids Secure
Oil Leaks

Other:

Tires In Good Condition
Lug Nuts Properly Torqued (90LBS)
No Loose Objects In Car
Brake Lights Operable
Appropriate Clothing - Long Sleeve Shirt, Long Pants (both of a non-synthetic fiber; rubber soled shoes recommended)
Helmet Snell M/SA2000 (or later approved)
Car # attached to both doors/windows

--------------

Time to put down the keyboard and pick up the helmet. Registration is available HERE (http://www.forgedperformance.com/store/product.php?productid=16973&cat=492&page=1)!!!

Nemesis
03-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Score! Im in for Little Tally! When is the deadline? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Tray@Forged
03-01-2010, 03:11 PM
We are very exited for this event. If you like road racing, you don't want to miss this opportunity.

Decker1.8t
03-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Score! Im in for Little Tally! When is the deadline? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Deadline for Pre-registration is 3 days before the event. We may allow for registration the day of the event depending on how many people are signed up.

Elbow
03-01-2010, 03:15 PM
I'll run the Roebling one.

Decker1.8t
03-01-2010, 03:26 PM
^ Sign up!

Sharif@Forged
03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Looking forward seeing more of the IA crowd out there. Should be some very good competitors in each class.

CHADbee
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
oh this is fawkin cool!!!! marking my calender for this event!

4uh8ers
03-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Sounds like fun. I will be there, in sporty mode more than likely!!!!

CHADbee
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
“Super-Cars” GT-R’s

:eek:

did you just get on import atlanta and call a GTR a super car?!?!?! put your flame suit on decker :rolleyes:

Superman350z
03-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Can't wait.

Decker1.8t
03-02-2010, 09:41 AM
:eek:

did you just get on import atlanta and call a GTR a super car?!?!?! put your flame suit on decker :rolleyes:

Haha.

Flame away :)

Blitanicle99
03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
You clearly know I'll be there...

I'll be there with the guys with the really slow blue Evo 8 with a bunch of gay stickers. :D

NevrNufTorq
03-02-2010, 09:48 AM
i'll be there, great classes as well!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Sharif@Forged
03-02-2010, 01:14 PM

I'll be there with the guys with the really slow blue Evo 8 with a bunch of gay stickers. :D

Just don't bring the rain!!!!!! :goodjob:

Blitanicle99
03-02-2010, 01:25 PM

Bwhahahahahha :lmfao:*Waits for Ryan to chime in*

BlewByYouEvo
03-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Bwhahahahahha :lmfao:*Waits for Ryan to chime in*

Suck it... :chuckles:

I'll be there RAIN or shine :lmfao:

CHADbee
03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Haha.

Flame away :)

~warranty/weight/non manual transmission joke here~

:rolleyes:

Decker1.8t
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM

bah!

Sharif@Forged
03-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Warranty?? What are those?

Elbow
03-02-2010, 08:23 PM
^ Sign up!

I will when I figure out what I'm driving. :lmfao:

CHADbee
03-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Warranty?? What are those?
some shit that people that keep their cars stock use when they break it :thinking:

why they keep their cars stock.....i have no clue cause thats no fun at all

Blitanicle99
03-02-2010, 10:19 PM

I used to think the same thing... After the GTR track day @VIR... I'm sold.:yes:

CHADbee
03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I used to think the same thing... After the GTR track day @VIR... I'm sold.:yes:

alot of people on IA think that way....its the hip/cool/trendy opinion to have around here :screwy:

wish i could have made it to that event :cry:

Elbow
03-03-2010, 07:49 AM
some shit that people that keep their cars stock use when they break it :thinking:

why they keep their cars stock.....i have no clue cause thats no fun at all

Porsche offers a warranty on their race cars.

Decker1.8t
03-03-2010, 08:01 AM

Yep! I was the same way until I started working with them. They're definitely an amazing platform and a force to be reckoned with. For those who don't believe it, sign up for the track day and you'll be proven wrong ;)

Elbow
03-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Yep! I was the same way until I started working with them. They're definitely an amazing platform and a force to be reckoned with. For those who don't believe it, sign up for the track day and you'll be proven wrong ;)

About a GTR or a track day?

Sharif@Forged
03-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Porsche offers a warranty on their race cars.

Nissan warranty's the GT-R if you leave it stock. Once we modify them extensively the drive-train warranty is pretty much out the window. Of course, if your window motors go back, or your dome light they will take care of that right away. :)

Decker1.8t
03-03-2010, 08:33 AM
About a GTR or a track day?

GTR

Mike Lowrey
03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh Oh! I want to go!

Can I run in Sporty class? :ninja:

Sharif@Forged
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Oh Oh! I want to go!

Can I run in Sporty class? :ninja:
You like the sound of that...don't you Mike! :goodjob:

Mike Lowrey
03-04-2010, 06:13 AM
You like the sound of that...don't you Mike! :goodjob:

:D

Kserieskid
03-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Going.....

Sharif@Forged
03-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Going.....

Nice!

Also keep in mind, this is an Open Track day as well, so it's a great opportunity to get a lot of track time for not a lot of money. :) :goodjob:

Stroker
03-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Sounds like good times... off to convince the wife that I "NEED" to go!

tnomud
04-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I might have to get in on this.......Tally at least

siegelracing
05-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Still some room left in each class. We'll have the official AMB transponder timing as well as a few loaner Traqmate's with video that we can put in the fast cars ;)

There will also be some instruction available throughout the weekend.

Siegel