PDA

View Full Version : Just how silly can the law be? Me-0 --- DUI driver-1

Doppelgänger
03-01-2010, 06:47 AM
So Saturday night I was driving up P'tree in Buckhead at ~12am. I'm at the intersection of P'tree and Phipps Blvd and in the far left lane and this silver VW is next to me in the middle lane. Well right in the middle of the intersection the VW crosses into my lane and runs me into the opposing traffic's turning lane. Luckily there was no car there. So I look over and there is this young hoe driving 2" off the steering wheel and laughing. Something isn't right and I drop behind her to see what is going on as I suspect she is drunk. She starts doing the obvious things...speeding up and slowing down for no reason, a little weaving and late braking for red lights. The kicker came when she was just north of Brookhaven where the MARTA tracks parallel P'tree and she was in the right lane driving with her blinker on at 25mph and kept jamming on the brakes thinking there was somewhere to turn (ummm there is a big contrete wall). She finally turned into the Texaco in Chamblee...but she decided going over the curb and through the grass would be a better way to do it. Now it's time to get on the phone with DeKalb Co. and get this whore off the road. As I'm on the phone she dips out of the Texaco and continues north and ends up pulling into a CVS and parks. At this point I'm still on the phone with dispatch and sitting across the street incase she decides to try her hand at driving...again.

About 10 minutes later a patrol unit rolls in, spots the car and parks. The driver has been inside CVS for about 10 minutes. About 5 more minutes go by and I pull down into the parking lot and see them come out, with her unable to stand still. I finally decide to find out what is going on and pull up next to the officer. Turns out she is not only drunk but "on something else" according to the officer. As I am talking to him, she jumps in her car, starts it and closes the door. He runs over, opens the door and yanks her out and throws her in the back of his car. Obviously she is intoxicated.

Now for the pisser.

He doesn't charger her with anything. He just makes her call some friends to come pick her and the car up!! He says he can't arrest her for DUI because she is on private property. :screwy: Hellooooo officer..you have TWO witnesses who watched her break about 6 laws and would be more than happy to testify in court.

But remember kids..if you're a speeder...you are GA's #1 target and the most dangerous people on the road according to law enforcement :rolleyes:

dallasb84
03-01-2010, 06:59 AM
turns out she gives great head and just so happened to be "on" something after you left

Doppelgänger
03-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Wow..aren't you cool. STFU N00B.

AnthonyF
03-01-2010, 07:09 AM
There's always something going on in your life. lol.

But I agree, pretty fucking shitty. I guess he has to physically see it happen? That's total bullshit. She'll be out there next week doing the same shit.

-Ant.

Elbow
03-01-2010, 07:10 AM
So Saturday night I was driving up P'tree in Buckhead at ~12am. I'm at the intersection of P'tree and Phipps Blvd and in the far left lane and this silver VW is next to me in the middle lane. Well right in the middle of the intersection the VW crosses into my lane and runs me into the opposing traffic's turning lane. Luckily there was no car there. So I look over and there is this young hoe driving 2" off the steering wheel and laughing. Something isn't right and I drop behind her to see what is going on as I suspect she is drunk. She starts doing the obvious things...speeding up and slowing down for no reason, a little weaving and late braking for red lights. The kicker came when she was just north of Brookhaven where the MARTA tracks parallel P'tree and she was in the right lane driving with her blinker on at 25mph and kept jamming on the brakes thinking there was somewhere to turn (ummm there is a big contrete wall). She finally turned into the Texaco in Chamblee...but she decided going over the curb and through the grass would be a better way to do it. Now it's time to get on the phone with DeKalb Co. and get this whore off the road. As I'm on the phone she dips out of the Texaco and continues north and ends up pulling into a CVS and parks. At this point I'm still on the phone with dispatch and sitting across the street incase she decides to try her hand at driving...again.

About 10 minutes later a patrol unit rolls in, spots the car and parks. The driver has been inside CVS for about 10 minutes. About 5 more minutes go by and I pull down into the parking lot and see them come out, with her unable to stand still. I finally decide to find out what is going on and pull up next to the officer. Turns out she is not only drunk but "on something else" according to the officer. As I am talking to him, she jumps in her car, starts it and closes the door. He runs over, opens the door and yanks her out and throws her in the back of his car. Obviously she is intoxicated.

Now for the pisser.

He doesn't charger her with anything. He just makes her call some friends to come pick her and the car up!! He says he can't arrest her for DUI because she is on private property. :screwy: Hellooooo officer..you have TWO witnesses who watched her break about 6 laws and would be more than happy to testify in court.

But remember kids..if you're a speeder...you are GA's #1 target and the most dangerous people on the road according to law enforcement :rolleyes:

That's BS, BUT can he really do anything just because of two witnesses? Years ago I and three other people called the police on a guy who was driving like a maniac, stopped at the mall he went to and cops got there, they said they couldn't do anything because they didn't see him do any of it. Some moron called the police on me once because she simply hates the noise my car made back when I was 16 and once again they said they can't do anything because a witness doesn't count.

If it did, I could call the police on anyone, say they were speeding or ran me off the road, lie, go to court, lie, and ruin their life.

In this case though with her VISIBLY intoxicated that's just flat out bull shit, she could of killed someone, she could of killed herself, who knows. He should of arrested her, charged her, found what she was on, charged her some more and taken her off the streets.

Doppelgänger
03-01-2010, 07:15 AM
There's always something going on in your life. lol.

But I agree, pretty fucking shitty. I guess he has to physically see it happen? That's total bullshit. She'll be out there next week doing the same shit.

-Ant.

I just happen to pay a lot of attention to my surroundings I guess :dunno:

Doppelgänger
03-01-2010, 07:21 AM
That's BS, BUT can he really do anything just because of two witnesses? Years ago I and three other people called the police on a guy who was driving like a maniac, stopped at the mall he went to and cops got there, they said they couldn't do anything because they didn't see him do any of it. Some moron called the police on me once because she simply hates the noise my car made back when I was 16 and once again they said they can't do anything because a witness doesn't count.

If it did, I could call the police on anyone, say they were speeding or ran me off the road, lie, go to court, lie, and ruin their life.

In this case though with her VISIBLY intoxicated that's just flat out bull shit, she could of killed someone, she could of killed herself, who knows. He should of arrested her, charged her, found what she was on, charged her some more and taken her off the streets.

You should know about getting fucked in situations because a cop just "felt like it". Aren't witnesses supposed to be powerful tool in a court of law when other evidence makes everything add up? I mean, let's see, this girl is somewhere by herself, intoxicated, has the keys to a car that is out in a parking lot, she just got there, two people are telling the officer what she was doing....did a Godamn UFO just drop her drunk ass and her car off in a parking lot at 12am?? LoL. We all know how cops like to do a lot of assuming when they want to with MUCH less "evidence". Hell, he could have given her a nice reminder and a citation for public intoxication at least.

Oh well.

Maybe...just maybe her friends will drill her and tell her how close she was to being fuuuuuucked. But like Ant said.. she'll be out next weekend doing the same shit.

Greddypacked
03-01-2010, 07:22 AM

Dude this is the law... they cannot do that on private property. Just like cops will not do that at a bar. They will wait till you leave the parking lot and get you. Atleast she didnt keep on driving and got another ride home. He could of waited until she left but that would have been bad on his part cuz he knows from you she's probably drunk and it would be a risk on allowing her to leave the way she was.

Elbow
03-01-2010, 07:23 AM
You should know about getting fucked in situations because a cop just "felt like it". I mean, let's see, this girl is somewhere by herself, intoxicated, has the keys to a car that is out in a parking lot, she just got there, two people are telling the officer what she was doing....did a Godamn UFO just drop her drunk ass and her car off in a parking lot at 12am?? LoL. We all know how cops like to do a lot of assuming when they want to with MUCH less "evidence".

Oh well.

Maybe...just maybe her friends will drill her and tell her how close she was to being fuuuuuucked. But like Ant said.. she'll be out next weekend doing the same shit.

Yeah, ridiculous. Sure her friends MAY drill her, but I bet they laughed, said "oh shit what a night", call more friends and do it all over again. Some people just don't learn lessons.

Who knows though maybe she did.

Elbow
03-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Dude this is the law... they cannot do that on private property. Just like cops will not do that at a bar. They will wait till you leave the parking lot and get you. Atleast she didnt keep on driving and got another ride home.

Then I would of waited for her to leave, as soon as the front tire touched the street here I come lights ablaze. If it were something stupid and small like someone said she was speeding or something I'd confront her in the lot and let her go, being intoxicated and driving though I believe should be taken extremely serious and this wasn't the right way to handle it.

Greddypacked
03-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Then I would of waited for her to leave, as soon as the front tire touched the street here I come lights ablaze. If it were something stupid and small like someone said she was speeding or something I'd confront her in the lot and let her go, being intoxicated and driving though I believe should be taken extremely serious and this wasn't the right way to handle it.

Well dude he is a cop not a lawyer or judge. He also needs to follow the law, and dispatch and everyone knew what was going on. Cops have bosses and camera's in their car, and they know what's going on. Maybe he thought he did the right thing instead of letting her drive and risking more people's lives. He seems like a good cop to me, he did the right action instead of letting her drive, some of you would be the cops doing just to get people in trouble lol... to me he did the right thing serve and protect.

Doppelgänger
03-01-2010, 07:37 AM
I know she couldn't have gotten charged for just being drunk somewhere and having a car parked outside...but she did get into the car and start it. People have been charged with DUI for sitting in parking lots, in the driver's seat with the car running. And like you said...the cop could have maybe noticed a moment later that she was driving off and popped her on the road. Hell, he could have just pulled in the parking lot and not taken action until she left as well..which would have been pretty damn cool. Cops wait for people to do stupid shit in front of them a lot...but it can be a fine line on entrapment.

But the purpose of my post wasn't to get into the 42,000 "what-if" situations, or to whine and complain, it was more or less to share something that happened on Saturday night and maybe remind a few people of the shit that goes on all the time around here.

But I will say, I was once given a ticket for "laying drags" by Jefferson PD. Oddly enough, I wasn't in Jefferson City limits, there was no cop around and I still got stuffed with a $450 fine. Oh, it was called in by some brown noser who was friends with the officer who pulled me over later. Their court didn't give two shits about how/what happened. But hey, shit happens, right?

dallasb84
03-01-2010, 08:13 AM
what i think is funny is how you have "D.A.M.M. -Drunks Against Mad Mothers" in your sig and how you want sympathy because a cop didnt give a fuck about what you gotta say.

your a hypocrite.......

your thread sucks

and you suck at being a snitch...

just kidding lol..... i dont like dd much less high drivers.... my best friend was killed by a 3rd timer drunk driver..... i agree the law is fucked but still........ your whining

were you driving the miata when this all happened?

oneSLOWex
03-01-2010, 08:27 AM
They cant do anything unless they see it themselves. Maybe he chose to have her call someone to avoid getting her for DUI and doing the paper work. He could just be a lazy bastard. Atleast you got her off the road, ticket or not.

Doppelgänger
03-01-2010, 08:47 AM
just kidding lol..... i dont like dd much less high drivers.... my best friend was killed by a 3rd timer drunk driver..... i agree the law is fucked but still........ your whining

were you driving the miata when this all happened?

Titled changed to reflect a not so whiny sound.. Yes, I was driving my car????

Atleast you got her off the road, ticket or not.

This is what it comes down to.

DirtyMechanic
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I just happen to pay a lot of attention to my surroundings I guess :dunno:
i do to but never see the stuff you do. your always at the right place at the right time i guess.

§treet_§peed
03-01-2010, 10:42 AM
It's mainly because she was a female I will bet you. Besides, I thought they considered it drunk driving when you are intoxicated and have the keys in the switch or have the car running. Private parking lot or not.

ISAtlanta300
03-01-2010, 12:59 PM

Now for the pisser.

He probably charged her with public intoxication and not DUI as she was not driving at the time.

Shitty, nonetheless..... :(

DriVaH
03-01-2010, 07:38 PM
wow!!!! some people have all the luck! IF that had been me( i don't drink and drive ) he would have aressted me on private property..

blaknoize
03-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Dude this is the law... they cannot do that on private property. Just like cops will not do that at a bar. They will wait till you leave the parking lot and get you. Atleast she didnt keep on driving and got another ride home. He could of waited until she left but that would have been bad on his part cuz he knows from you she's probably drunk and it would be a risk on allowing her to leave the way she was.

WTF!?!?!? I must be retarded or was dreaming that a cop towed my car from private property while under suspension instead of allowing me to phone a friend to pick it up.

A cop can do just about anything with enough "probably cause" as they call it. I was ill-informed and I got it in the ass ON MY BUSINESSES PROPERTY. The officer didnt even initiate the stop till I was on private property and issued me a citation, took my driver license and my car on that large piece or private property.

blaknoize
03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
He probably charged her with public intoxication and not DUI as she was not driving at the time.

Shitty, nonetheless..... :(

Under state law (in general cuz I dont know Ga laws) if ur in the driver seat, with or without keys, ur operating a machine under the influence and u are there for performing an illegal operation.

bowdown201
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Under state law (in general cuz I dont know Ga laws) if ur in the driver seat, with or without keys, ur operating a machine under the influence and u are there for performing an illegal operation.

Only if you are in/or able to be in posession of the keys. Me and some buddies were at a party in an apartment complex one night and we were all drunk so we just stayed in the car in the pool area instead of driving drunk since it was already really late. Well that morning a cop knocks on the glass and gives us a hard time saying we were trespassing and he could still give my buddy a DUI cause he had the keys in his pocket. He even said the keys could be in the trunk and still charge us. How that would have held up in court idk but its still the fact of jail time and shit.