PDA

View Full Version : Sports CANADA takes Gold in Hockey!!!

mmmmpsi
02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
As a Canadian, I will tell everyone right now.. this is the ONLY medal that really matters and I'm very proud to say that we are the best in the world... AGAIN!

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/mm/photo/sports/ctvo/05/45/85/54585_m15.jpg

SEAN
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
proud to still be Canadian...:goodjob:

mmmmpsi
03-01-2010, 08:18 AM
I'll be American someday too, but I'll always cheer for Team Canada in Hockey. :)

Greddypacked
03-01-2010, 08:24 AM
As a Canadian, I will tell everyone right now.. this is the ONLY medal that really matters and I'm very proud to say that we are the best in the world... AGAIN!

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/mm/photo/sports/ctvo/05/45/85/54585_m15.jpg

You do know everyone on the Canada team playes for the NHL and probably America also lol. Either way they both are about equal, but congrats to Canada on the win.

AirMax95
03-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Is he excited, or mutating into a werewolf?

Dwisforme05
03-01-2010, 09:39 AM
hell yeah!! i was so stoked. ive contemplated becoming a U.S citizen but not sure if i want to yet. ill keep my green card lol

mmmmpsi
03-01-2010, 11:12 AM
hell yeah!! i was so stoked. ive contemplated becoming a U.S citizen but not sure if i want to yet. ill keep my green card lol

You can become a US citizen and retain your Canadian passport.. that's what I intend on doing.

BanginJimmy
03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
game meant absolutely nothing and the Olympic hockey tourney will be replayed just about every night for the rest of the NHL season.

The only Olympic sports I watch anymore is the NON pro sport ones.

mmmmpsi
03-02-2010, 06:16 AM
game meant absolutely nothing and the Olympic hockey tourney will be replayed just about every night for the rest of the NHL season.

The only Olympic sports I watch anymore is the NON pro sport ones.

Trust me it meant a lot, to a LOT of people..

Canada's overtime win over the United States for the Olympic gold medal in men's hockey was watched in its entirety by about half of Canada's population. In the U.S., it drew the largest TV audience for any hockey game since the 1980 Winter Games.

NBC drew an average audience of 27.6 million viewers for Canada's 3-2 win, the largest audience for a hockey game since the 1980 United States-Finland gold-medal game from Lake Placid averaged 32.8 million. At least 52.9 million U.S. viewers watched a portion of Sunday's game, according to the Nielsen Co.

In Canada, the game drew an average audience of 16.6 million on a collection of networks around the country, including CTV. About 26.5 million, representing about 80 percent of the nation's population, watched at least some of the game.

BanginJimmy
03-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Those might be big numbers for a hockey game, but they werent impressive by any means. Last season, 2 NFL playoff games from drew a larger audience in the US in the same day. If this same game was to take place during an average sunday during the NFL season, the ratings would be less than half of what they were. Face the facts. No one cares about hockey, and the Olympics arent showing anything that isnt seen during every NHL game.

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2008/01/nfl-football-dominates-tv-ratings-this.html

NewGen33
03-02-2010, 05:23 PM
LOL

EJ25RUN
03-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Those might be big numbers for a hockey game, but they werent impressive by any means. Last season, 2 NFL playoff games from drew a larger audience in the US in the same day. If this same game was to take place during an average sunday during the NFL season, the ratings would be less than half of what they were. Face the facts. No one cares about hockey, and the Olympics arent showing anything that isnt seen during every NHL game.

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2008/01/nfl-football-dominates-tv-ratings-this.html

But how many of us that were born outside the US care about American football?

Deke
03-02-2010, 11:56 PM
This loss was definitely a let down for me. Normally I could care less about hockey, but I spent the last week in Montreal and was surrounded by it. I pretty much saw every game after USA beat Canada the first time and actually let myself get emotionally invested in the tournament. Boo

At least it was an awesome game.