PDA

View Full Version : skunk2 vs function & form

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 08:42 PM
im trying to decide which one to buy skunk2 pro s or function & form type 1 coilover but the thing is which one rides better and which one will go lower w/o having to flip the coilover sleeves. I had the skunk2 pro s on my old civic it rode nice but im jw how does the function&form rides???

skunk2 pro s-645 shiped
function&form-630 shiped

lmk i need some input so i will know which one to buy. reps will be giving to who ever helps:goodjob:

dont say any other coilovers unless they r in the same price range as these bc i have a budget and this is all i can afford

Da_unknown
02-28-2010, 08:44 PM
i like skunk2 pro S

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 08:47 PM
yeah i do too bc i had a set on my civic it was nice n smooth and it handle very well but im also wondering about the function and form too bc they r in the same price range

i like skunk2 pro S

tdurr
02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
ask someone who has ridden in both. Just cuz someone has one doesn't mean the other is better.

k3tsurui
02-28-2010, 08:51 PM
sent you a pm....chk inbox

sicks2k
02-28-2010, 08:52 PM
if you had it on one of your previous cars, and you liked it. Go head and get it.

sicks2k
02-28-2010, 08:54 PM
skunk2 FTW btw.

you could get some Tein basic dampers for $899.99....best out of the best.

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 08:54 PM
yea but im just courious about the function & form it might ride better than the skunk2

if you had it on one of your previous cars, and you liked it. Go head and get it.

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 08:55 PM
skunk2 FTW btw.

you could get some Tein basic dampers for $899.99....best out of the best.

thats out of my price range

Vteckidd
02-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Tein is garbage

skunk2 their warranty and customer service is a+

sicks2k
02-28-2010, 08:58 PM
yea but im just courious about the function & form it might ride better than the skunk2

not sure, but i've had many skunk2 suspension products and they're top notch.

k3tsurui
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
lol @

Tein is garbage

skunk2 their warranty and customer service is a+

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
yea i think in the end i will end up getting the skunk2 but like i said im just curious about the f&f coilovers n just want some peoples input on them

not sure, but i've had many skunk2 suspension products and they're top notch.

Mmmm_Bacon
02-28-2010, 09:01 PM
depends on how low you want

the down side to the Pro s is while yes it has a threaded shock to get as low as you want with room to spare, it dosnt do anything to keep the shock from bottoming out, where as the function form's you not only adjust the height but you can keep the preload on the shock, so you wont bottom out.

I have a few friends with the pro S that like them, and ive had the F&F and i loved them, IMO it just depends if you want a good daily set up, or more of an adjustible set up

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
i want the one that will let me ride low and smooth and a good dd set up

depends on how low you want

the down side to the Pro s is while yes it has a threaded shock to get as low as you want with room to spare, it dosnt do anything to keep the shock from bottoming out, where as the function form's you not only adjust the height but you can keep the preload on the shock, so you wont bottom out.

I have a few friends with the pro S that like them, and ive had the F&F and i loved them, IMO it just depends if you want a good daily set up, or more of an adjustible set up

k3tsurui
02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
for that price you cant ask for too much but sk2 are better than ff imo...and yes i ve ridden on both.......and for the record TEINS ARE NOT COMPLETE GARBAGE

fyi: i dont know how much the sk2 are selling for but the ffs are selling for less than what you said ....check HT

Vteckidd
02-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Tein basics are shit compared to everything else in the market it competes with. They are cheap suspension that costs $200-300 more than everyone else for NO reason. Shock collars rust, leaky seals, etc

teins high end stuff is decent but still overpriced.

I've owned skunk2 pro c's and the ride quality was 1000 times better than teins I had. Both had adustable dampening and the skunk2 was 1/2 the price.

Function and form I've never dealt with but they seem like every other cheap suspension out there. Only advantage is the shock is adjustable.

Does function have adjustable dampening?

Vteckidd
02-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Skunk2 isn't a suspension that caters to all the hard Parkers out there that want to slam their car .5in off the ground to look cool. So if you want that don't go with theirs.

Their suspension is geared toward a decent lowering without sacrificing ride quality.

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 09:27 PM
yes they have two type they have type one and type two

TYPE1 ADJUSTABLE RIDE HEIGHT ONLY

TYPE2 FULL DAMPER KIT ADJUSTABLE RIDE HEIGHT, AN DAMPENING

Tein basics are shit compared to everything else in the market it competes with. They are cheap suspension that costs $200-300 more than everyone else for NO reason. Shock collars rust, leaky seals, etc

teins high end stuff is decent but still overpriced.

I've owned skunk2 pro c's and the ride quality was 1000 times better than teins I had. Both had adustable dampening and the skunk2 was 1/2 the price.

Function and form I've never dealt with but they seem like every other cheap suspension out there. Only advantage is the shock is adjustable.

Does function have adjustable dampening?

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
naw im not looking for that low..more of like 1 1/2-2 1/2 off the ground

Skunk2 isn't a suspension that caters to all the hard Parkers out there that want to slam their car .5in off the ground to look cool. So if you want that don't go with theirs.

Their suspension is geared toward a decent lowering without sacrificing ride quality.

Vteckidd
02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
They both have threaded shocks and monotube design.

I'd go with skunk2 IMO price difference doesntjustify type 1

240sx_boi
02-28-2010, 09:52 PM
so i was just on HT and someone wrote this in the function & form coilovers

"If you are planning on using these on an integra they cannot go very low without losing the preload.

Once the preloads gone all you can do is compensate by adjusting the dampening to hard on fronts, but it's still a relatively shitty ride for those who want there tires to tuck a little bit."

punkr6
02-28-2010, 09:59 PM
skunk2 no contest....