PDA

View Full Version : unlock for stock head unit

eghatcher
02-28-2010, 02:21 PM
does anyone know if there is a universal unlock code for the stock head unit for a 99 civic si? i just bought the car and have herd that i need to go to a dealership because it depends on the vin and something else. if anyone has any advice just let me know thanks

jdm-civic
02-28-2010, 02:24 PM
no there different. yes you will have to go to the dealership and they can tell you but its not free. your better off getting a aftermarket head unit that sounds way better

DynamicSound
02-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Just call your local delearship, a lot of times they will give you the code for free...done it several times.

Also, if you have the owners manual, it should list the code in there if the original owner wrote it in there.

eghatcher
02-28-2010, 06:21 PM
ill call the dealership tomorrow and the car dosent have the manual in it and im going to get a nice head unit just need something to listen to right now waiting on that tax return :D thx

PhantomGoat
02-28-2010, 06:34 PM
U can get the serial number off the unit if you take the trim out from the radio. If you get the number i can tell u what the code is in about 2 mins of you giving it me. I work at a dealership
Its free if you have the serial number, it not free if they have to get the serial number off it.

just let me know.

sina518
02-28-2010, 11:15 PM
turn ignition off hold the 6 and nine button for like 10 seconds then turn ignition on and it will give you two number one has a U in front of it and the other one has something else i forget, but give that to the dealer or someone who has access to a database and they will give you the code

sina518
02-28-2010, 11:17 PM
sorry im slightly wrong here is the way to do it

http://www.radio-code.com/Honda-Pay-Page-radio-code-NEW-proced.htm