PDA

View Full Version : problems help!!!

jcs
02-27-2010, 07:11 PM
ok so i got up and i started my car horrible idle and lots of white smoke...i pop the hood to see that gas is all on my turbo and in it.so i pull the plug from the prob cylinder and its soaked in gas,a proceed to check to make sure im gettin fire from the dizzy to the wire and its fine...i bought new plugs and the problem still exists.i ran compression check cause i though white smoke and its 180 perfect.i talked to one of my buddys who is very noligable in hondas and he said that the ecu might be bad cause the ground for that injector is gone leaving the injector open causeing it to flood the cylinder.plz help peps

car:94 civic hatch
motor:b18b1 turbo
ecu:ls with a chrome basemap.
rc 440 injectors

bloodline
02-27-2010, 07:49 PM
:thinking:

jcs
02-27-2010, 07:51 PM
:thinking:

^thats what the hell i said.....

Grimm Reeper
02-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Barefoot help this man lol

jcs
02-27-2010, 08:27 PM
thats what i was going to say tony....

k3tsurui
02-27-2010, 10:36 PM
it is probably a bad ground at the injector (unlikely the ecu) check physical condition of injector wires where you can....if you cant find anything wrong then take the ground from cylinder 1 and 4 and tied them together, likewise with 2 and 3..........not really a handbook fix but will do the trick

Okie_doke.
02-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Injector stuck open :thinking:

CaTcH22
02-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Swap the injector with another cylinder and see if the problem moves.

JJSPEC Racing
02-28-2010, 08:07 AM
it is probably a bad ground at the injector (unlikely the ecu) check physical condition of injector wires where you can....if you cant find anything wrong then take the ground from cylinder 1 and 4 and tied them together, likewise with 2 and 3..........not really a handbook fix but will do the trick

The ecu grounds each injector to make it open so that would probably not be a good idea. If it is one cyl with the issue do what QWK D16 said and swap the injector to see if the prob moves with it. It could be a bad injector mechanically stuck open. Just be careful, you dont want to hydrolock your engine if it is straight dumping fuel continuously.

Barefoot
02-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Injector stuck open :thinking:

The ecu grounds each injector to make it open so that would probably not be a good idea. If it is one cyl with the issue do what QWK D16 said and swap the injector to see if the prob moves with it. It could be a bad injector mechanically stuck open. Just be careful, you dont want to hydrolock your engine if it is straight dumping fuel continuously.
:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::good job:

k3tsurui
02-28-2010, 11:55 AM
cyl 1 and 4 are 180 out of phase from 2 and 3....if wiring is your issue then tying the grounds together will work just fine....it will not fix your issue but at least help you narrow down the cause of the problem...if anything your car will probably run stronger by like 2 hp lol

DC2NR
02-28-2010, 12:55 PM

:goodjob:

jcs
02-28-2010, 01:14 PM
ok so i swapped the injectors 3 and 4 and now the problem moved so im guessing the injector....so now i guess i need to try a new injector to see if the problem still exists..

xdavidscenex
02-28-2010, 02:32 PM
interesting ive never seen that before.

jdm-civic
02-28-2010, 02:36 PM
stuck injector. i had the same problem with my sentra. swapped it out a no more problems........ tip: you might wanna keep a fire extinguisher or something near since your dealing with heat, raw fuel and spark.......... the last thing you need is a roasted car.