PDA

View Full Version : Question about a 87 Celica

CompEngineer
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
I recently bought a 1987 Toyota Celica GT. The person I bought it from said the motors for the flip up headlights dont work and he adjusted them to just say open, after unplugging them. While fiddling around and working on the car a lil today. I decided to plug them up and see what was going on with them. Turns out the motors work. The problem is when I turn them on, the left one flips up and the right one goes down. And when I turn them off, the right one goes down and the left one opens. Anyone have any idea why my lights are confused? Thanks.

MugenCrx
02-28-2010, 10:23 AM
lol wiring problem orunplug one motor so that it stays open then turn the headlight on so that the other side will open then plug the one you disconnected then turn it off and see if they both close

CompEngineer
03-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Tried that. It will just open and close again. Then, start doing the same thing. lol. Its so goofy. I have never seen flip ups do that before.

-EnVus-
03-01-2010, 04:33 PM
the adjustment is off i had the same issue with a 240 before

CompEngineer
03-01-2010, 06:18 PM
ok, JDMJAY. How do you go about fixing it. This is the first car that I have own with flip ups. So this is all new to me.

-EnVus-
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
ok, JDMJAY. How do you go about fixing it. This is the first car that I have own with flip ups. So this is all new to me.
The motors for the headlights to flip up ave an adjustment knob or crew look for that. Then adjust both till they are closed the flip the switch for the headlights if still off adjust again.