PDA

View Full Version : Spicy go Bye Bye (not for good)

MSP1660
02-26-2010, 11:19 PM
So here is the deal guys, I love you all (semi homo, like 47.87%) but my career path, my schooling, and my family will ALWAYS come first. I don't mean that to be offensive to anyone because I would gladly be there for any of you so long as I am physically able to, and I'm sure folks like DBlock, Casey, and Jay can attest to that.

Basically, I am taking my CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician) test on March 26th in Suwanee. This is a big deal for me. It's costing me $150 bucks, non-refundable, and if I don't pass, I don't get to retry (without paying another 150). Sadly, this is only one of two tests I gotta take to be where I want to be in life (the second test costing another 150 bucks). So this week (more specifically possibly Sunday and Thursday) will be the last times until March 26th that you'll see my happy ass for a while. Now I know to some of you who don't mind throwing a few hundred at their rides without the blink of an eye, you may not think this is a big deal, but it really is. Let me put this into perspective.

I just bought a 60 dollar book. It's 502 pages. I've told myself that I need to read this book all the way through, do all the practice tests it has in it, and do all the 2-minute drills once a week. That's not including the video series I watch (titled CBT Nuggets) which include 2 discs (ICND1 and ICND2: Respectively ICND1=CCENT and ICND2=CCNA), both discs containing roughly 30 sessions, each session ranging from 15 minutes to nearly an hour.

Hopefully, after reading that paragraph, you can grasp just how important this test is to me and how much of my time this is gonna take. This means I won't be able to mod the forums like I have been these past few months. I actually intend on not even checking either of my car forums AT ALL during this period. I will check Facebook but that's pretty much only going to be on my lunch hour at work. If I have spare time at lunch I might zip by here for a minute but I somehow doubt I will. I am essentially going "off the grid."

Lastly, I hope no one is pissed. I'm going to do my best not to sound like I'm some superior old geezer who knows all, but this is my life. This is what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life. This is the career that in 10 years can score me a nice 6 figure salary a year plus very lucritive benefits. If all goes well, I plan on being retired by the age of 45 or 50 (that is assuming the Mayans aren't right and the world really doesn't end on Dec 21st, 2012). I know some people have a lot more going on and to them this may seem easy. To that, I just simply say go research the DNS (Domain Name System) and DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) to it's fullest extent. After you do, realize that's one fraction of 1% of the information I have to know to get my Cisco Certification. So take care Top Notch. Don't get to large without my presence and don't cave in without me around. I know I'm a huge contributor and all but I'm pretty sure you guys can handle it;). That being said...

...much love!

D.

:goodjob:

jdm-civic
02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
good luck dude!!!!

LightsOut
02-26-2010, 11:22 PM
:,-(

my spiceys go bye bye :,-( I wish u the best of luck bro.......

KodyH
02-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Good luck man.

MSP1660
02-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Thanks guys. Like I said, it's not for good... just a temporary leave of absence.

Kody, I fully expect to see a sweet ass 240 that lights up the drifting world by the end of the month of March. Can you do it? :) Don't let me down!

Idriftfc
02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
good luck dale!!!

KodyH
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks guys. Like I said, it's not for good... just a temporary leave of absence.

Kody, I fully expect to see a sweet ass 240 that lights up the drifting world by the end of the month of March. Can you do it? :) Don't let me down!

lol I can have it running and slideways by March. It may not be to purty though :boobies:

bloodline
02-27-2010, 02:20 PM
dale...as i always said.. take care of yourself and your family first..everything else comes second... im goin down that same path

gforce71
02-27-2010, 10:13 PM
lol I can have it running and slideways by March. It may not be to purty though :boobies:

March is like 3 days away... just sayin.

And Dale, good for you man. Get that schoolin to get that monies! lol

KodyH
02-28-2010, 04:40 PM
March is like 3 days away... just sayin.

lol I so didn't notice this! I was referring to the end of March

gforce71
02-28-2010, 05:01 PM
lol I so didn't notice this! I was referring to the end of March

got ya :goodjob:

KodyH
02-28-2010, 08:08 PM
got ya :goodjob:

Loan? Loan? You think? Maybe a G..

gforce71
02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Loan? Loan? You think? Maybe a G..

haha, give my loan officer a call lol

KodyH
02-28-2010, 10:51 PM
haha, give my loan officer a call lol

Uh..text me

Okie_doke.
02-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Best of luck to you bro

C.Smock
03-01-2010, 08:34 AM
GOOD LUCK MAN!!

S2KJD
03-01-2010, 08:42 AM
just reading the title i thought casey beat you in a race on Sunday :D

just playin around man...gl :)

blackboi50
03-01-2010, 11:35 AM
hahah yea dale def gotta get ya life strate before anything else dude!!! thas wassup!!!

good shit...hope to hear from ya on the flip side dude!!! DO GOOD!!!....1

MSP1660
03-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks again guys.

Jared... STFU and GTFO! :D

Kody and Androo, quit threadjacking you stupid bishes.

gforce71
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks again guys.

Jared... STFU and GTFO! :D

Kody and Androo, quit threadjacking you stupid bishes.

:( just for that, when you come back around were racin! lol