PDA

View Full Version : I GOT SCREW BY MORROW POPO

i4_garage
02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Tonight, as I was driving home after dinner, I litterally got F up by Morrow police.

Story:
I was driving in a 40 zone doing around 43-44 mph. I saw the red light changed to green about 100 yards ahead of me but there were a cop car there so i signal to the left and continued on. As I pass about 3 intersections, still doing 43-44 mph, I signal right to make a turn to go home when the cop turn on his lights and pulled me over. At first I thought it was a signal change violation...maybe I didnt wait 3 seconds or something. :screwy: Well he approaches the car (I drive an S2000 btw) he asked me for my license and said did I know what is the speed limit is on that road.

I said " 40 " . He said " well you were speeding through that zone at 55! mph! 55! :eek: ... I was like " sir, I was going 43 mph, because my car has a digital tach...I am pretty sure of my speed. He said "I dont care, I was going 55 mph and couldnt catch up with you, so you were going pretty fast."

WTF!? I said "how did you calibrated my speed? " he answered " my patrol car" LOL! ... Now this is where the screwing me over part continues.

He went back to his car and wrote me a ticket.

He came back up and said" well after looking it through, I put you down for doing 54! mph in a 35 mph construction zone! " WTF!?

I said, "how did I get 54 when you said I was doing 55? :???: " And construction zone?" I passed that area like 5 minutes ago.

Come on guys... I have lived in this country for a pretty long time, and from what I see and have now experienced, the majority of the police officers out there are unreasonable and :screwy:

I dont know how I could have went 10 miles more when I, a grown man with common sense, know that there is a cop car driving beside me.

:lmfao:

oneSLOWex
02-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Any chance your speedometer is off? Are you still on factory wheels/tires?

The Creeper
02-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Some cops are dicks, some are really cool...

thecrazyone
02-25-2010, 10:08 PM
yea i got a 60 in a 30 in stone mountain park awhile back, and the officer said he knew that because he had to catch up with me. and well it got thrown out!

i4_garage
02-25-2010, 10:08 PM
yes bone stock...and i know i wasnt doing 55 even if the tach was broken

i4_garage
02-25-2010, 10:09 PM
yea i got a 60 in a 30 in stone mountain park awhile back, and the officer said he knew that because he had to catch up with me. and well it got thrown out!

how did you go about to have it thrown out? Help a brother out :D

EG_Ryder
02-25-2010, 10:12 PM
I dont know how I could have went 10 miles more when I, a grown man with common sense, know that there is a cop car driving beside me.

yep, i would fight it

MR2DR
02-25-2010, 10:12 PM
it's cause you're black.. or asian =P

Da_unknown
02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
that sucks..

antj101
02-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I got pulled over a couple nights ago. The cop said it was cause my exhaust was too loud. He was a real prick. He ended up getting two other cop cars out there, had me get out of the car and search me. Then asked me if he could search my car. So while he searched it, some other cop talked to me bout how clean my car was. He thought it was surprising cause its an 89' with 120,0000. I didn't get any tickets at all and the cool cop told me to keep up the good work!!!!

EG_Ryder
02-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I got pulled over a couple nights ago. The cop said it was cause my exhaust was too loud. He was a real prick. He ended up getting two other cop cars out there, had me get out of the car and search me. Then asked me if he could search my car. So while he searched it, some other cop talked to me bout how clean my car was. He thought it was surprising cause its an 89' with 120,0000. I didn't get any tickets at all and the cool cop told me to keep up the good work!!!!

hahaha nice, was that in clay co?

antj101
02-25-2010, 10:18 PM
hahaha nice, was that in clay co?

Naw, henry, and most of the time i get a ticket or a warning. I think they just wanted to check it out:D

EG_Ryder
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Naw, henry, and most of the time i get a ticket or a warning. I think they just wanted to check it out:D

oh, lol yeah probably

GSRtegŪ
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Whats the Cops name Li?

i4_garage
02-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Whats the Cops name Li?

Officer Sukacok

lol

jk

SGt. C turner?

why? you know him?

Should I get a laywer? I am really thinking about it.

i4_garage
02-25-2010, 10:29 PM
it's cause you're black.. or asian =P

that's correct.. i am asian LOL! :gay:

antj101
02-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Whats the Cops name Li?

lol who was that directed to, if it was me, i dont know his name

Crazy Asian
02-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah fight that ticket. Just saying patrol car is not enough. If he said he was tailing you I could understand but this ... this doesnt add up. Last time I got pulled over the cop just said I just saw you going 60 mph. Right makes sense.

i4_garage
02-25-2010, 10:38 PM
ok...do i need an attorney? because i went to court before and saw some of the cases, they freaking harrast u like a dead fish on a board. LOL...I know that I can fight it .. just dont know if i should go alone

EG_Ryder
02-25-2010, 10:53 PM
ok...do i need an attorney? because i went to court before and saw some of the cases, they freaking harrast u like a dead fish on a board. LOL...I know that I can fight it .. just dont know if i should go alone

ehhh if you have the money then by all means go for it i guess...but in this situation i dont think its necessary

Crazy Asian
02-25-2010, 10:54 PM

Not sure how this county would be like but the alpharetta I didnt hire anyone and the judge dismissed the ticket.

GSRtegŪ
02-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Officer Sukacok

lol

jk

SGt. C turner?

why? you know him?

Should I get a laywer? I am really thinking about it.

Oh, yes I know him. :ninja:

imprtguy_94
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
id fight that bullshit and tell the judge to pull his camera. when those lights go on the camera starts recording my friend.

GSRtegŪ
02-25-2010, 11:02 PM
id fight that bullshit and tell the judge to pull his camera. when those lights go on the camera starts recording my friend.

At times they do if there operational.

i4_garage
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
aight..i ma go alone then...I will also ask for the vid..thanx guys

BLK JDM
02-25-2010, 11:55 PM
I went into court one time and beat a speeding case. Dress nicely(suit-judges love that-shows respect to them and the courtroom). Plead not guilty, and just honestly told my story. Be calm, don't yell, talk smoothly, and calmly. I would tell the judge you have a car w/ a digital speedo, you noticed the police from far before, state the speed you were really going(don't lie and say 35) and tell him exactly what the cop stated. Tell him you would not waste your time or energy if you felt you were in any way guilty. Tell the judge you respect the police and weren't trying to be funny, irate, or obscene, but you felt that there was no way you could have been going that fast.

I did this when I got several tickets in Gwinnett on my motorcycle 2yrs ago. All charges were dismissed. The cop was being a dick and threw the book at me. My charges came up to like $1400 if I was found guilty of all of them. I'm a big, black dude so I didn't think I was walking out of there w/ my $ still in my pocket. When all charges were dismissed. I went to the clerk's desk. Let her file the paperwork and RAN THE F#$K out of Gwinnett County courthouse. Like a freed slave!! Lol

blaknoize
02-26-2010, 12:21 AM
^the last part, um wow?

EG_Ryder
02-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Let her file the paperwork and RAN THE F#$K out of Gwinnett County courthouse. Like a freed slave!! Lol

LMAO reps!

87 Turbo II
02-26-2010, 02:16 AM
For future reference, don't even say you were going 43 mph, 3 mph is still a speeding charge when you admit guilt. He couldn't charge you for 3 over alone, but if you SAY you were going any number above the limit, the charge is suddenly valid. So keep it in mind when in court, to not say 43, say 40 dead even, stock wheels, stock speedo, or you'll be fighting a charge you're admitting guilt to and it'll be a waste of time if the judge is as mean as the cop.

JJSPEC Racing
02-26-2010, 02:58 AM
If there is video, it will most likely have recorded what he said to the police officer, so changing the story might be a bad thing.

dallasb84
02-26-2010, 03:03 AM
I went into court one time and beat a speeding case. Dress nicely(suit-judges love that-shows respect to them and the courtroom). Plead not guilty, and just honestly told my story. Be calm, don't yell, talk smoothly, and calmly. I would tell the judge you have a car w/ a digital speedo, you noticed the police from far before, state the speed you were really going(don't lie and say 35) and tell him exactly what the cop stated. Tell him you would not waste your time or energy if you felt you were in any way guilty. Tell the judge you respect the police and weren't trying to be funny, irate, or obscene, but you felt that there was no way you could have been going that fast.

I did this when I got several tickets in Gwinnett on my motorcycle 2yrs ago. All charges were dismissed. The cop was being a dick and threw the book at me. My charges came up to like $1400 if I was found guilty of all of them. I'm a big, black dude so I didn't think I was walking out of there w/ my $ still in my pocket. When all charges were dismissed. I went to the clerk's desk. Let her file the paperwork and RAN THE F#$K out of Gwinnett County courthouse. Like a freed slave!! Lol

very good story and great advice:goodjob:

dallasb84
02-26-2010, 03:04 AM
oh and since your asian.... bring a white friend with you to speak on your behalf...

i4_garage
02-26-2010, 07:30 AM
lol! ... I ma just be honest and respectful when the time comes to go to court.

I did say approx. 43-44 when he pulled me, so i ma just stick wit my story. I dont mind if he gave me a ticker for 43-44...but what I felt was unjust was the increase in 10 mph that he falsely gave me. If I go to court and not get dismissed, just shows that the justice system is f-up. lol

Thanx for the advice.

I might bring a fellow white friend just in case. lol

Elbow
02-26-2010, 07:34 AM
AMURKA

DriVaH
02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
once again..... gotta love em!!!!

600 Double R
02-26-2010, 08:14 AM
morrow is pretty bad about everything i hate them. i had 35 % legal tint on two different cars and i get pulled over and they tried to write me a ticket everytime. fuck morrow police.

YoTa_BoX
02-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Iv fought a speeding ticket before and won. Cop said i was doing 55 in a 35, come to find out, the cop was being fired, and he knew it, so he was just writing tickets out the ass.

I pleaded not guilty, and told them I wasn't doing 55 like the cop said, the judged asked the clerk if there was any proof of me speeding, the clerk said none that we have, and they said have a good day sir. If the cop didnt have any proof of you speeding, they have nothing on you. You should be fine.

IDCoconut
02-26-2010, 12:00 PM
The reason he gave you 54mph rather than 55mph is that in Georgia, 14mph and under carry no points. 14mph and under is in the same category as "Too Fast For Conditions," etc.

It also falls under the category where your insurance company does not see this charge. There are two types - I forgot what they are called. Try to do some research.

tdurr
02-26-2010, 01:16 PM
aight..i ma go alone then...I will also ask for the vid..thanx guys

Be sure to get the video ahead of time. Prob would be best to try and get it asap so you can plan what you are going to say.

ISAtlanta300
02-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Let her file the paperwork and RAN THE F#$K out of Gwinnett County courthouse. Like a freed slave!! Lol

LOL somehow I lolled.... Mental picture of that FTW LOL

j0nbunklah0m
02-26-2010, 02:00 PM
damn tim, u shoulda hit vtec on his bitch ass loll jp

ATK_Designs
02-26-2010, 02:07 PM
you can fight it since he doesn't have any proof nor records of him saying that he's pacing you. He only said he did 55 and couldn't catch up to you, that's not enough evidence or proof of pacing. ;)

tdurr
02-26-2010, 02:20 PM
damn tim, u shoulda hit vtec on his bitch ass loll jp

hey u talking to me??
i dont haz vtakk!

j0nbunklah0m
02-26-2010, 02:24 PM
hey u talking to me??
i dont haz vtakk!

noo, talkin to the op lol

4Dr_Teg
02-26-2010, 02:24 PM
fuck morrow!!!! :2up:

i4_garage
02-26-2010, 06:10 PM
So I should go ask for the video at the city hall? or PD? you can do that?

I think i can win this...and 14 mph and under is true but he gave me 54 in a 35! that;s not 14 mph.

i4_garage
02-26-2010, 06:44 PM
:D

K20Z1
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
i just got my license back after a long 6 months wait... if that makes u feel any better :D

i4_garage
02-26-2010, 07:53 PM
^ lol...I still have alot of points left before losing mine. but i feel you. Congrats on getting it back

EG_Ryder
02-27-2010, 12:05 AM
fuck morrow!!!! :2up:
nice input :goodjob:

So I should go ask for the video at the city hall? or PD? you can do that?

I think i can win this...and 14 mph and under is true but he gave me 54 in a 35! that;s not 14 mph.
i dont think you can do that but i really have no idea...but yeah thats 19 over lol

DVSRX-7
02-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Tonight, as I was driving home after dinner, I litterally got F up by Morrow police.

Story:
I was driving in a 40 zone doing around 43-44 mph. I saw the red light changed to green about 100 yards ahead of me but there were a cop car there so i signal to the left and continued on. As I pass about 3 intersections, still doing 43-44 mph, I signal right to make a turn to go home when the cop turn on his lights and pulled me over. At first I thought it was a signal change violation...maybe I didnt wait 3 seconds or something. :screwy: Well he approaches the car (I drive an S2000 btw) he asked me for my license and said did I know what is the speed limit is on that road.

I said " 40 " . He said " well you were speeding through that zone at 55! mph! 55! :eek: ... I was like " sir, I was going 43 mph, because my car has a digital tach...I am pretty sure of my speed. He said "I dont care, I was going 55 mph and couldnt catch up with you, so you were going pretty fast."

WTF!? I said "how did you calibrated my speed? " he answered " my patrol car" LOL! ... Now this is where the screwing me over part continues.

He went back to his car and wrote me a ticket.

He came back up and said" well after looking it through, I put you down for doing 54! mph in a 35 mph construction zone! " WTF!?

I said, "how did I get 54 when you said I was doing 55? :???: " And construction zone?" I passed that area like 5 minutes ago.

Come on guys... I have lived in this country for a pretty long time, and from what I see and have now experienced, the majority of the police officers out there are unreasonable and :screwy:

Fight the fucking ticket, don't be a dumb ass and pay for it. :goodjob:

T.S.
02-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Only person that can obtain a police video is an attorney prior to a case, I am pretty sure. The police officer was in the wrong. You should have asked to see his radar gun, if he says he paced you then he has no case. Either way you should just go into court dressed nicely. Tell the judge the truth about what happened. And normally the judge will side with you. But I have heard cases where the judge has sided with the officer. You could always use the court appointed attorney. =) Best of luck to you sir!

i4_garage
02-27-2010, 05:42 PM
^ thanx man hopefully everything will be ok.

goi_ek
02-28-2010, 12:50 PM
yea ask for the dash cam video asap

AlmostFast
02-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Just my 2 cents

The officer is claiming he could not keep up with you. ask how fast he had to go to catch you.

This is simple math imo.

someone doing 43-44, the cop would not be able to catch you if he was doing the same speed, thus he would have had to go faster to catch you. the quicker he wanted to catch you the faster he would need to go.

How far behind you (when he "caught up") til when he hit his lights? ie. how long was he "pacing" you?

Also was this a marked construction area? were there signs stating construction zone ended?

Just some things to help your case poss.

good luck.