PDA

View Full Version : need opinion for suspension

chinitoxamor
02-25-2010, 02:13 PM
i want all new in box, willing to spend around 500-600, i want 2.5+ drop on front and rear, i want to ride smooth all the way around, i dont usually go into rough pavement but even if i do, gotta be smooth, let me know your opinion. im daily in my 98 4dr civic

BoostedBoss
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Koni/GC? Might be a little out of your price range, but it's one of the better - lower cost set-ups.

Barefoot
02-25-2010, 05:08 PM
^^the standard budget setup.

preferredduck
02-25-2010, 08:18 PM
don't get cheap coilovers unless you wanna bounce to death. i have a CTR suspension setup on my
si, it drops it abt 1.25 in and i can clear most road obstacles etc, don't get it too low, and yes
ctr would work on your car and it usually comes in one piece, a little filing on the front ones cuz they are tiangle shaped somewhat but i love it!!!

Marta Mike
02-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Alright you wanna do it right and you wanna do it cheap. To do this you will have to do your research and do it well. First off GC will rarely be too cheap. As previously said they gc/koni setup is a bit out of your price range. But anyways.....find out which spring rate is going to work out best for your desired setup. Like i said, this will take some research. Buy u some $50 ebay coilover sleeves. Ditch the springs bc they will be shit. Do some price searching on the desired spring rate u need, if your lucky someone will sell some used, often times on scca forums they sellem. Find some used konis. Used is cheaper but does not guarantee quality condition. If you arent running a hard spring rate which from what it sounds you can save money and buy a set of tokico illuminas cheaper than konis. But if you want to do this it will take time, effort, and research. Best of luck