PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Question on turbo oil lines

j0natell0
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I was told to run a 4AN hose instead of a 3AN.. The 3AN is steel braided and the inside is rubber. SKINNY ass line looks like the turbo will get little bit of oil. And 3AN is used for brake lines.

Any input? Should i be fine? Or should i go with the 4AN hose?

B18c1Turboed
02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Run a 3an. 4an feeds too much oil and you would need an oil restrictor then. But a 3an will work perfect without one.

tdurr
02-25-2010, 05:01 PM
i thought u could run -4an w/o a restrictor if u had the right turbo...

dallasb84
02-26-2010, 02:16 AM
dude..... pumping 40 plus psi into a turbo is not very good...... the wet float bearings should be dribbled with oil not pumped with it.....

... -3an is good..... but id still use some sort of restriction....

turbomirage
02-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Alot of false information in here... You can run a -3AN or a -4AN without a restrictor. It all depends on where you are getting your oil feed from. Every car is different, you need to find out where guys are getting it from and what turbo they are running. It does make a difference if the turbo is BB or non-BB. BB turbos do not need as much oil as non-BB, and too much oil pressure can kill a turbo. You have to find out what is the happy medium for your set-up. I have run different turbos with a -4AN, with a restrictor and without one, and I have been fine... no burning oil, no smoke, no problems at all.

tdurr
02-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Alot of false information in here... You can run a -3AN or a -4AN without a restrictor. It all depends on where you are getting your oil feed from. Every car is different, you need to find out where guys are getting it from and what turbo they are running. It does make a difference if the turbo is BB or non-BB. BB turbos do not need as much oil as non-BB, and too much oil pressure can kill a turbo. You have to find out what is the happy medium for your set-up. I have run different turbos with a -4AN, with a restrictor and without one, and I have been fine... no burning oil, no smoke, no problems at all.

he said everything i thought. :goodjob:

B18c1Turboed
02-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Well im sure he has a honda, not a Mirage.... And for a honda car, a 3an line is the best!

Formally...
02-26-2010, 08:15 PM
You need to make sure your drain line is big enough and always going downhill. This will make just as big of a difference as the supply line will when it comes to turbo life and weather it will smoke or not.