PDA

View Full Version : taking out spark plugs

EJdm
02-25-2010, 09:49 AM
im trying to replace the old pulgs thats in my 90 integra...i dont know if they were ever replace car was given to me for free...plugs are really hard to lose i dont want to strip it...any other ideas b4 i take it to the shop...

Black4DrEK
02-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Take it to a shop for spark plugs... damn

Gotta just loosen them bitches... When you install your NEW ones.. put some anit seize shit on them

00 blk G20t
02-25-2010, 09:56 AM
get some pb blaster or wd 40 and try again.......make sure your using a spark plug socket. if they never been changed they may be welded in there worst thing that can happen is you break one/strip it and have to get another head.

BanginBlazer
02-25-2010, 09:58 AM
if u purchase pb blaster from ur auto store u can spray it downt there and it will penetrate the metal we use it all the time at ntb for stubborn lug nuts so dont spray conservatively- how ever u spell it if that doesnt work idk what to tell u but let it sit for like a good 5 min but if they are really on there bad let it sit longer.. let me know if it doesnt work u will be the first

Black4DrEK
get some pb blaster or wd 40 and try again.......make sure your using a spark plug socket. if they never been changed they may be welded in there worst thing that can happen is you break one/strip it and have to get another head.

IFFFFFFFF

That happens, Take the head off.. rethread the sparkplug hole.. WORST comes to WORST

Black4DrEK
PB blaster for the WIN!

BanginBlazer
02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
PB blaster for the WIN!
hell yeah man shit is amazing

pulled of a box truck lugs that were seized sat for like 20 min on them but yeah it works

EJdm
02-25-2010, 10:05 AM
i tried wd 40...lets hope it doesnt get messed up bc i open the VC and i was amazing the head was beautiful...looks like it was taken to a machine shop and clean like freaking brand new

Black4DrEK
02-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Get messed up?

BanginBlazer
02-25-2010, 10:11 AM
it shouldnt it would just ignite and burn off ... at least thats what supposed to happen.

Black4DrEK
02-25-2010, 10:15 AM
It will just burn in .393290282309 seconds

BanginBlazer
02-25-2010, 10:22 AM
It will just burn in .393290282309 seconds

i love that number its my favorite one

EJdm
02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
i kno it'll just burn off but now i guess i gotta try pb blaster

00CelicaGT
02-25-2010, 03:18 PM
let the car get up to opperating tempreature then try to losen them, remember metal expands & cotracts so try it while the engine is hot.

if it doesnt work take it to a shop, let them break the plug off in side the head, then there responsible for the damage not u. its a fucked up idea but its better then u breaking it off and have to get a new head or have the machine shop drill out the old plug and retap the head. who knows maybe the shop will be able to get them out with out damaging anything.

Barefoot
02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
put it like this if u cant get them out they was already fucked up. just put some ass in it.

-EnVus-
02-25-2010, 05:13 PM
You just need stronger arms santana go work out for an hour lol

Hektik
02-25-2010, 05:19 PM
breaking a spark plug off in the head is not a fun thing..lol.... but hell itll be a nice learning experience...

silversol
02-25-2010, 05:27 PM
I would spray them and let it sit overnight!

preferredduck
02-25-2010, 08:15 PM
PB blaster and make sure you have the right size spark plug tool, if the previous person didn't put anti-seize in it that could be why it's hard to break loose. to the expanding in heat, wouldn't the plugs also expand, i'm no scientist but they would do the same as the head would and expand correct.
pb is the shizz, been using it for stubborn bolts and girlfriends for years!!!

to strip it usually happens when you put them in wrong and cross thread the head, usually.

EJdm
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
let the car get up to opperating tempreature then try to losen them, remember metal expands & cotracts so try it while the engine is hot.

k i'll try that...

if it doesnt work take it to a shop, let them break the plug off in side the head, then there responsible for the damage not u. its a fucked up idea but its better then u breaking it off and have to get a new head or have the machine shop drill out the old plug and retap the head. who knows maybe the shop will be able to get them out with out damaging anything.

that what i though LOL

You just need stronger arms santana go work out for an hour lol

man i could take it out but i dont want to break it lol i've been working out again actually lol

PB blaster and make sure you have the right size spark plug tool, if the previous person didn't put anti-seize in it that could be why it's hard to break loose. to the expanding in heat, wouldn't the plugs also expand, i'm no scientist but they would do the same as the head would and expand correct.
pb is the shizz, been using it for stubborn bolts and girlfriends for years!!!

to strip it usually happens when you put them in wrong and cross thread the head, usually.

maybe the person b4 did...

anywase so much trouble for a new head

preferredduck
02-26-2010, 01:51 AM
that what i though LOL

man i could take it out but i dont want to break it lol i've been working out again actually lol

maybe the person b4 did...

anywase so much trouble for a new head

so true, previous owner could have been a retard, it happens. like the DA my bro and i got for free the father said it ran out of oil and he did not check it. it had oil but he couldn't see the hole in the block!!!!

punkr6
02-26-2010, 01:56 AM
put it like this if u cant get them out they was already fucked up. just put some ass in it.

pretty much....

we Heli-coil these things at work all the time, real easy fix....

dallasb84
02-26-2010, 02:46 AM
good thing its not a triton 5.4 liter...... getting them to stay in is the hard part....

88civic_hatc
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
get a bigger wrench and use some elbow grease

98blackcivic
02-26-2010, 06:20 PM
yea my spark plugs seized up and i had to get a whole new of everything lol

EJdm
02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
so true, previous owner could have been a retard, it happens. like the DA my bro and i got for free the father said it ran out of oil and he did not check it. it had oil but he couldn't see the hole in the block!!!!

LOL crazy

yea my spark plugs seized up and i had to get a whole new of everything lol

what a whole new everything??? LOL jw

preferredduck
02-28-2010, 02:01 AM
LOL crazy

what a whole new everything??? LOL jw

they make a heli coile kit for this, my brother just had to do this to a b18b1 integra motor he is rebuiling, previous owner was a retard and stripped the threads and a heli coil kit saved the day!!! i'm not sure of exactly what he did but i can find out and there are others on here who have done it it seems and may know more than i do.

EJdm
02-28-2010, 08:06 AM
thanks