PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Del Sol Si with B18b1 swap and GSR tranny having tranny problems

JHIT89
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Okay so like i said in the title i have a 97 del sol si with a b18b1 ls swap in it with a gsr tranny. Dont ask me how the tranny is working with the engine cuz i cant tell you that; thats just what the person before i got it put in it. I am having trouble with the transmission and it only started 2 days ago but i cant quite figure out what it is. Im going to school for automotive but im only in my second quarter but ive had a lil prior teachings in high school. Everytime i push the clutch pedal in the tranny starts squeaking really bad and the rpms drop and if i hold it all the way down like im trying to get it into gear for more than 2 seconds it dies. Idk if its my clutch, my slave cylinder going bad, tranny mount, or whatever. Any help would be greatly appreciated so i could get this car back on the road

Barefoot
02-24-2010, 04:41 PM
is your throw out bearing making any noises

JHIT89
03-03-2010, 12:53 PM
i dont think its the tob

RBS
03-03-2010, 12:59 PM
1st and foremost, does the tranny even work? like can you drive it through the gears and reverse with no problems

jdm-civic
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
sounds like maybe a bad throw out bearing and when it starts heating up it binds and try to lock up........imo

preferredduck
03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
it needs a little blinker fluid and that should clear up any noises the car makes. lol j/k, i'm not great with trannies but i'm gonna follow your thread to see what it is to learn.

cprtyler
03-03-2010, 10:12 PM
same thing my buddys eclipse did we replaced the throw out bearing and it works fine now

JHIT89
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
1st and foremost, does the tranny even work? like can you drive it through the gears and reverse with no problems

if i can get it moving before it dies yeah but i have to shift extremely fast and if i hold the pedal down for more than like 2 seconds it idles down and dies everytime; even when i was driving before i parked it it would die even when shifting through the gears

JHIT89
03-04-2010, 12:53 PM
it needs a little blinker fluid and that should clear up any noises the car makes. lol j/k, i'm not great with trannies but i'm gonna follow your thread to see what it is to learn.

LOL blinker fluid; i actually got some kid like that in high school i told him to go get blinker fluid and he went to the tool room and came back and asked the teacher where the blinker fluid was

redneckhatch
03-04-2010, 01:27 PM
LOL blinker fluid; i actually got some kid like that in high school i told him to go get blinker fluid and he went to the tool room and came back and asked the teacher where the blinker fluid was

lol I told a kid to do the samething in my auto class.

solblu
03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Set the idle and check for vacuum leaks. Sounds like it's just dying because of a low idle. The throw out bearing may be bad too, but it shouldn't kill the car.