PDA

View Full Version : looking for new system set up for my new mazda.

Kasper
02-24-2010, 12:54 PM
aight guys heres the deal. ive had kicker, MA audio, JL audio, MTX, CV (kicken it old school!), Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, etc. and im going to be doin a new set up. But im not sure what i wanna do yet cause its not going to be a huge budget and i want something that i can use on a daily basis. I just want something simple. wont take up to much trunk space. (though i will be building a custom incloser for it) and i only want 1 sub. plus the mids and highs are 6x8's and 1" tweeters. Its in an 07 mazda 6 Whos got some good ideas for me? Im looken for just 1 12 mainly. Also i'll be keeping my factory radio in the car for just alittle while so im not sure if i'll have the system in before or after i get the new indash. but in case i do anyone know a good LOC?? we have those cheap ones here at BB but i know there are better ones.. anywho any info helps.. thanks.

jnralp00
02-24-2010, 09:14 PM
google/youtube Sundown Audio SA12. Best sub I have heard at it's price point for a mid level sub. Get at me for more info ;)

Vi3tboi2230
02-28-2010, 11:14 AM
ive had a 12' alpine type x, and its hits hard. idk if thats in your budget but its not expensive like jl

CHADbee
02-28-2010, 11:29 AM
i have a mint condition T3 TSS 12" ill sell you, takes 1500rms all day like a champ. looks like this....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/johnd1820/TSS10b.jpg

$200 picked up from conyers.

if not look into T3's new line up of woofers, like somebody else said the sundown SA-12 is a very nice woofer at a great price, Fi makes some good woofers at a good deal. get on some car audio forums and do some research and you will see you can get a nasty single 12" at a great price as long as you stay away from what they sell at best buy ;)

91eflx
03-02-2010, 10:51 AM
check this out http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280682

Kasper
03-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah i was just looken at that.. sweet set up.. has to be interesting to keep clean to! Its been a very long time since i did custom fiberglass work. Im just looken at doin something simple(ish) I dont wanna take up all the trunk with the sub. but i wanna be able to have 1 sub that'll hit and put off some good quality. I just dont need the huge massive amount of speakers stereo system anymore. But i do wanna be able to feel it when i crank it up and be able to crank up the mids and highs and not get massive distortion. (not all best buys stuff is crap! the type R's sound damn good when done right!) Thanks for the ideas..

CHADbee
03-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah i was just looken at that.. sweet set up.. has to be interesting to keep clean to! Its been a very long time since i did custom fiberglass work. Im just looken at doin something simple(ish) I dont wanna take up all the trunk with the sub. but i wanna be able to have 1 sub that'll hit and put off some good quality. I just dont need the huge massive amount of speakers stereo system anymore. But i do wanna be able to feel it when i crank it up and be able to crank up the mids and highs and not get massive distortion. (not all best buys stuff is crap! the type R's sound damn good when done right!) Thanks for the ideas..

type r's are decent but if you really look in to some other woofers there are options out there that have better sound quality, hit harder and go lower for less money.

bkou
03-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I got a jlw7 10" with box $250.