PDA

View Full Version : court

hmong_Spec
02-23-2010, 08:20 AM
my little brother is going to court tomorrow. he got a ticket for speeding, going 65 on a 45, not stopping at stop sign, and driving with suspended tag. he's at the age of 17. if he doesn't have enough money to pay for the fees right there, would he go on probation until it's paid off or how does this work. he got caught in barrow county.

oneSLOWex
02-23-2010, 08:21 AM
hes going to jail for like 4.65 years

Nemesis
02-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Sorry man, sentenced to life in prison.

AnthonyF
02-23-2010, 08:22 AM
He's probably looking at probation for a year or two and license suspension. it doesn't look good at all.

-Ant.

hmong_Spec
02-23-2010, 08:26 AM
humm. well i had a talk with my manager about it, and she told me that when her son got pulled over for DUI, all he had was jus probation, paid off his fee, community service, defense driving class and i think that's about it. well i'll have a talk with my little bro and see wat happens.

AnthonyF
02-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Different judge, different case, different cop, different counties/town. They aren't all the same. Your brother is fucked. They might be able to lower the speed down to 15mph over, he's lucking he wasn't doing 25 over.

-Ant.

00 blk G20t
02-23-2010, 08:30 AM
has the tag issue been taken care of? i would get that taken care of ASAP and then have the paperwork to show the judge its been taken care of. since hes 17 they are prolly gonna suspend his license anyway....but if they dont it will just be down to a fine at that point for running the stop sign and speeding.

really it could go 2 ways...suspended license (idk maybe 6 months) maybe like 600$ fine. or he could go there with the tag issue resolved get the judge on his side and get off lucky.(it may be mandatory that they take his license after speeding before age 18) you know maybe 300$ fine and a DD class or something.(still better than max fines.)

i recommend you have your parents in court also. most places want that if they are charging a minor....they will even reset it till the parents can make it.

oneSLOWex
02-23-2010, 08:32 AM
at 17 with that many issues they might make an example of him....hopefully not though...maybe the judge will be in a good mood. Tell him to dress nice and dont talk to the judge like hes some random guy on the street

hmong_Spec
02-23-2010, 08:35 AM
yeah the tagg been done. as soon as he got that ticket, he went to the tagg office and paid off for it. but we're asian, so most likely when he walks into the court, the judge is going to be like, yup, he was speeding. lol.

00 blk G20t
02-23-2010, 08:58 AM
i still say around 330 in fines is what will most likely happen....i think he may get to keep his license. i would talk with the solicitor and see if you can get a reset and come back in a month and know what the fine is and take care of it like that.(basically cut a deal and not see the judge.) he doesnt want to be on probation over some stupid crap like speeding 20 over and running a stop sign.

hmong_Spec
02-23-2010, 09:02 AM
well he already called the ticket and found out the cost. its 720 for driving with suspended tag, 240 for speeding, and 160 for not stopping at stop sign. so most likely, he's going to have to go to court.

i still say around 330 in fines is what will most likely happen....i think he may get to keep his license. i would talk with the solicitor and see if you can get a reset and come back in a month and know what the fine is and take care of it like that.(basically cut a deal and not see the judge.) he doesnt want to be on probation over some stupid crap like speeding 20 over and running a stop sign.

oneSLOWex
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
well he already called the ticket and found out the cost. its 720 for driving with suspended tag, 240 for speeding, and 160 for not stopping at stop sign. so most likely, he's going to have to go to court.

I would have been all like :cry: if I was him

SloWRX
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
To answer your question, yes, he's going to be put on probation if he doesnt pay the full fine there and then. Also, have him take Defensive Driving before his court date, that helped me save my license when I was 18 and got caught doing 26 over.

hmong_Spec
02-23-2010, 09:06 AM
yeah its kinda hard when he works at burger king lol.

I would have been all like :cry: if I was him

hmong_Spec
02-23-2010, 09:07 AM
actually his court date is tomorrow, so it's to late for that lol. unless they assign it to him after court and keep his license. these are his first tickets so i think they might give him a break. hopefully.

To answer your question, yes, he's going to be put on probation if he doesnt pay the full fine there and then. Also, have him take Defensive Driving before his court date, that helped me save my license when I was 18 and got caught doing 26 over.

quickdodgeŽ
02-23-2010, 11:49 AM
He's probably looking at probation for a year or two and license suspension. it doesn't look good at all.

-Ant.

It looks good to the civilized world, though, lolol. Later, QD.

DVSRX-7
02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
my little brother is going to court tomorrow. he got a ticket for speeding, going 65 on a 45, not stopping at stop sign, and driving with suspended tag. he's at the age of 17. if he doesn't have enough money to pay for the fees right there, would he go on probation until it's paid off or how does this work. he got caught in barrow county.

Maybe a year of probation or till he pays the shit off, my cousin had the same charges and only got a year or till he finished paying. But since your brother isn't 18 yet they shouldn't suspend his license, but then again my cousin was in Gwinnett.