PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods good tire shop to install tires without damaging wheels

Gabe
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
ok i bought some new tires for my ccw's and i dont want just anybody to mout and balance them. They do require a tad bit of stretch however i dont mind paying i just dont want my wheels fucked up anny suggestions would be greatly apreciated.!

cjhutch
02-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Butler Tire, those guys deal with high end cars and painted, powdercoated, and all kinds of wheels everyday.

00 blk G20t
02-24-2010, 12:19 PM
gran turismo east

Tray@Forged
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Forged Performance. We do multiple sets of Volks daily. Big sizes too.

ATK_Designs
02-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Gabe,

GTE or Forged. My 2 mosted trusted places for tire/rim/suspension work in the A.

Butler in Alpharetta is also good, but you gotta talk to the right people. (Gordi?)

changaroo
02-24-2010, 06:27 PM
GTE will charge you up the fuckin ass. especially if you are trying to stretch tire.

they charged me full price for an alignment, and only did my toe.

Gabe
02-24-2010, 06:55 PM
GTE will charge you up the fuckin ass. especially if you are trying to stretch tire.

they charged me full price for an alignment, and only did my toe.

yeah ive heard a lot of bad shit about grand turismo im leaning towards butler tire in alpharetta or forged performance either way good lookin out ma ***

WickedIXMR
02-24-2010, 11:55 PM
yeah ive heard a lot of bad shit about grand turismo im leaning towards butler tire in alpharetta or forged performance either way good lookin out ma ***
Don't go to Butler. They're overpriced and scratched my brothers polished Works. Discount tire in Buford are good and are the guys I take my stuff to. They have a $20k machine that doesn't even touch the wheels to mount and balance tires. Talk to Kevin at the Buford discount tires and he'll take care of you.

David88vert
02-25-2010, 08:15 AM
I've been to GTE many times over the years. I've never had any problem with them.

K24cb7coupe
02-25-2010, 04:50 PM
discount tire on steve renolds blvd will take care of you. talk to mike.

Gabe
02-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Don't go to Butler. They're overpriced and scratched my brothers polished Works. Discount tire in Buford are good and are the guys I take my stuff to. They have a $20k machine that doesn't even touch the wheels to mount and balance tires. Talk to Kevin at the Buford discount tires and he'll take care of you.

are they familiar with installing a stretched application?

Rotorypolo
02-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Ask for Geordie at Butler Tires up in Alpharetta, he takes care of his customers!

Greddypacked
02-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I would say Butler or Discount both good companies. I worked at Butler about 10 years ago and lets just say they put on wheels and tires on cars over 200k worth so im sure they can do little stretch tires on your car. I got to pull in Lex Luthers SUV when I worked there, dude is huge.

JITB
02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
theres was a pair of european guys that did mine off 316... they stretched my 245s on my 10.5 with some ether, and a little fire.

never_finished
02-26-2010, 02:54 PM

X2 Kevin will treat you right.

Kamikaze
02-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Anyone know if Discount Tire in Douglasville does a good job? I need some tires mounted tomorrow and I don't want to drive to Buford if I don't have to. :D

gtikid
02-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Anyone know if Discount Tire in Douglasville does a good job? I need some tires mounted tomorrow and I don't want to drive to Buford if I don't have to. :D

The guys at the Douglasville Discount Tire are really good guys and they've mounted some of my tires before.

Gabe, don't even think about fucking with GTE. That place is a shit hole man :2up:. I'll be going to the Mexican I told you about, i'll let you know how he takes care of my wheels. Last time he took pretty good care of mine :goodjob:

changaroo
02-26-2010, 06:13 PM
theres was a pair of european guys that did mine off 316... they stretched my 245s on my 10.5 with some ether, and a little fire.

245 on a 10.5 needed ether? o.o

gtikid
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh and Kevin at the Buford Store is pretty good guy too :goodjob:

gtikid
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM

That's what I was thinking? They must suck at stretching.

Kamikaze
02-26-2010, 06:22 PM
The guys at the Douglasville Discount Tire are really good guys and they've mounted some of my tires before.

Cool thanks. I'll be heading there first thing tomorrow. :goodjob:

JITB
02-26-2010, 06:26 PM

it wouldnt hold air without it.. you use the heat to soften up the tire beads, so it can hold air..
Getting the tire on the rim is the easy part of stretching thats no biggie anyone can do that. its the inflating it thats the challenge. and it also depends on the way the rim is made.

but it was actually starter fluid.. but ether or starter fluid will work...

they mount and sell tires good prices, im trying to spread the word!!!

WickedIXMR
02-28-2010, 01:06 PM
are they familiar with installing a stretched application?
Yes sir. He's done a lot of my wheels my brother wheels that have a good stretch and a lot of friends wheels. He's been working at discount tire for many many years now and the discount he works at (in buford) is the only one that has a machine where it doesn't touch the wheel at all when they dismount or mount tires. I was told it's like a $20k dollar machine.

Brooks
03-01-2010, 09:20 PM
not tryin to be an ass but a 20k machine is cool and all but truly over kill. iv been in the tire bussiness for over 10 years and seen that accu-turn 752 machine come and go in many shop. what you want to check before letting anyone mess with you wheels is making sure they know what they are doing. iv done a lot of tires on a lot of wheels and never had a problem with scratching them.

WickedIXMR
03-02-2010, 01:09 AM
not tryin to be an ass but a 20k machine is cool and all but truly over kill. iv been in the tire bussiness for over 10 years and seen that accu-turn 752 machine come and go in many shop. what you want to check before letting anyone mess with you wheels is making sure they know what they are doing. iv done a lot of tires on a lot of wheels and never had a problem with scratching them.
Good for you, you can now suck on my balls.

If you had actually read my post, I did say that the guy I was refering to, has been working at discount tire for "many many years" and has done plenty of my wheels and tires as well as other people I know with high price tag rims.

To the OP, PLEASE don't do business with butler tire. Even though they say "we baby your car" or some bull shit like that, they still managed to scratch my brothers polished work meisters dismounting tires.

Tray@Forged
03-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Gabe,

Let me know when you are ready.

Brooks
03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Good for you, you can now suck on my balls.

If you had actually read my post, I did say that the guy I was refering to, has been working at discount tire for "many many years" and has done plenty of my wheels and tires as well as other people I know with high price tag rims.

To the OP, PLEASE don't do business with butler tire. Even though they say "we baby your car" or some bull shit like that, they still managed to scratch my brothers polished work meisters dismounting tires.

Age and or Maturity is always shown...

Gabe
03-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Well guys after doing my research and being turned down by 3 places that didnt even want to touch the wheels i took my wheels to discount tire in buford and i was very satisfied with the job they did. i will deal with them from now on that's for sure.