PDA

View Full Version : Registering japanese car

rjsdxm
02-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey guys i need some help im purchasing a jdm spec integra type r from a friend in colorado. Only bad thing is he has no title for the vehicle he has a copy of the japanese title but has had lots of problems trying to register the vehicle in colorado. What steps would i need to take to get this thing registered in Ga im in Henry county. This deal is to good to pass up, and i wanna purchase this car, but i dont want to never be able to drive it and enjoy it neither. Anyone have any knowledge of where i should start. I see many japanese rhd cars driving around Ga Anyone know how they went about it, Thanks guys.

SPOOLIN
02-22-2010, 03:57 PM
its to good to pass up because its not a good deal. You can import JDM Integra Type R's into the US for 5-8k in pretty decent condition but then you gotta go through the hassle. Im not saying to go break the law but just about the only way to do it is a VIN swap.

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 04:04 PM
how much is he selling it for?

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 04:04 PM
be prepared to go through hell and spend ALOT of money to get it taged....or you can just get another integra and do a vin swap.

rjsdxm
02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
hes selling it for 14k its an 02 dc5 what about if i went ahead and registered it as a kit construction car?

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 04:24 PM
hes selling it for 14k its an 02 dc5 what about if i went ahead and registered it as a kit construction car?

i doubt you can do that..lol. do a vin swap off a crashed rsx with a clean title.

rjsdxm
02-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I also wonder if i could do the same with the vin from a rsx?

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Titled dc5rs go for $25000-30000 so that's not a great deal IMO

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 04:49 PM
I also wonder if i could do the same with the vin from a rsx?

thats what I said.

rjsdxm
02-22-2010, 04:50 PM
theres got to be an easy way to get this thing registered

mocha latte cupcake
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
state legalize yeah its not super bad, depends who you know and how long you're willing to wait... importers always tell you, "hey we'll put you in the right direction.." but don't do it cause they know its a lost cause and aren't willing to go through the hassle of it. Remember people make money off your "i don't know how this works" the whole process isn't mind numbingly terrible. search your local government pages and state as well as walk throughs. i found one for an MR2 from canada... also, getting a "canadian legalized car" is hella easier. so my best thing to tell you would be.... *ahem*

find a car that has been imported from japan to legalized in canada and then "legalize it" for here. Bada bing. -purejdm-

federal requires you being royalty... or a millionaire.

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
theres got to be an easy way to get this thing registered

The short story is no there is no legal way to register it. If it's not fed legal it's ILLEGAL regardless If you get a state title or not.

Also Georgia recently passed a law that forbids titling cars with less than the 22 or whatever usdm vin characters (Jdm only has 16 or something)

you cannot title it through the state here at all and if you try the Feds can seize it an crush it if your friend imported it illegally.

The only way you can register it is paying someone an assload of money to to do it for you through some state loophole that gets you a state title in another state then you transfer it here. But even then they can reject it if it has less than the 2X usdm digits.

You pretty much have only one option: find a totalled rsx that wasn't reported to insurance and vin swap it, also federally illegal

mocha latte cupcake
02-22-2010, 05:00 PM
The short story is no there is no legal way to register it. If it's not fed legal it's ILLEGAL regardless If you get a state title or not.

Also Georgia recently passed a law that forbids titling cars with less than the 22 or whatever usdm vin characters (Jdm only has 16 or something)

you cannot title it through the state here at all and if you try the Feds can seize it an crush it if your friend imported it illegally.

The only way you can register it is paying someone an assload of money to to do it for you through some state loophole that gets you a state title in another state then you transfer it here. But even then they can reject it if it has less than the 2X usdm digits.

You pretty much have only one option: find a totalled rsx that wasn't reported to insurance and vin swap it, also federally illegal

hooray South Carolina :bump:

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 05:02 PM
state legalize yeah its not super bad, depends who you know and how long you're willing to wait... importers always tell you, "hey we'll put you in the right direction.." but don't do it cause they know its a lost cause and aren't willing to go through the hassle of it. Remember people make money off your "i don't know how this works" the whole process isn't mind numbingly terrible. search your local government pages and state as well as walk throughs. i found one for an MR2 from canada... also, getting a "canadian legalized car" is hella easier. so my best thing to tell you would be.... *ahem*

find a car that has been imported from japan to legalized in canada and then "legalize it" for here. Bada bing. -purejdm-

only Canadian citizens can drive across the border , American cannot enter the USA with a Canadian car.

mocha latte cupcake
02-22-2010, 05:04 PM
i shall investigate this cause my friend just recently brought back a RHD FD3S he got for 8k and he's a SC citizen non-military. :thinking: til next time jm out.

silversol
02-22-2010, 05:06 PM
To people saying just do a vin swap! That is stupid on so many levels not only is illegal and risk loseing the car and jail time if caught! Do you really think its that its that easy to just find a rsx shell? Most cars that have been wrecked go through insurace and will have a salvage title that will have to be inspected to be put back on the road! So that will not work! Also they have vins on every thing all the body panels do you really think you can change them all and not get caught?

silversol
02-22-2010, 05:11 PM

The canada way will not work! i have a friend from qubec And from my understanding they do not have a title system like we do. That your tag and regestration is your title. That when you buy a used car you and the old owner have to go to the tag office together and transfer the tag!

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
i shall investigate this cause my friend just recently brought back a RHD FD3S he got for 8k and he's a SC citizen non-military. :thinking: til next time jm out.

They may have changed it but last customs official I talked to told me that any American coming across the boarder will be sent back if they have a rhd non nhtsa inspected vehicle. It's same as importing a car from japan no different.

Canadian citizens can drive across the boarder though, sell the car, and leave on a plane

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 05:13 PM
The canada way will not work! i have a friend from qubec And from my understanding they do not have a title system like we do. That your tag and regestration is your title. That when you buy a used car you and the old owner have to go to the tag office together and transfer the tag!

Also correct their "title" is the tag. But if theyhave the deregistration paperwork that's all the matters once it crosses the boarder

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
To people saying just do a vin swap! That is stupid on so many levels not only is illegal and risk loseing the car and jail time if caught! Do you really think its that its that easy to just find a rsx shell? Most cars that have been wrecked go through insurace and will have a salvage title that will have to be inspected to be put back on the road! So that will not work! Also they have vins on every thing all the body panels do you really think you can change them all and not get caught?

Georgia officers couldn't tell you the difference between a s15 and a grand am. Only way you get caught is if youre in an accident or GSP really looks over the car and calls the Feds

state and local officers could give 2 shits.

But yes it's a risk always although a low one.

You can definetly go to jail that's for sure as it's federal law tampering with a vin number. I don't suggest it although I've owned cars that had it done.

If he's going to just keep it an drive it forever vin swapping only effects him. If he wants to sell it, you'll go to jail as it's a felony.

Like I said even then if you are involved in a multi car accident you can get FUCKED. The only way to insure it is through a vin number. So if your insurance company finds out they are insuring a non legal car they may decline your coverage AFTER you wreck

food for thought

speedminded
02-22-2010, 05:27 PM
$15k + the headache and $$$ of unsuccessfully making it legal. Hrmm...I'd rather get a e46 M3 for $15-20k or less and have a cool car in the end lol!

silversol
02-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Georgia officers couldn't tell you the difference between a s15 and a grand am. Only way you get caught is if youre in an accident or GSP really looks over the car and calls the Feds

state and local officers could give 2 shits.

But yes it's a risk always although a low one.

You can definetly go to jail that's for sure as it's federal law tampering with a vin number. I don't suggest it although I've owned cars that had it done.

If he's going to just keep it an drive it forever vin swapping only effects him. If he wants to sell it, you'll go to jail as it's a felony.

Like I said even then if you are involved in a multi car accident you can get FUCKED. The only way to insure it is through a vin number. So if your insurance company finds out they are insuring a non legal car they may decline your coverage AFTER you wreck

food for thought

we all know how cops treat import guys and with all the theft going on and all the other bs they deal with most cops are getting "wise" to this kinda crap. and im sure when your driveing a rhd car they are going to start looking for other stuff to ticket you with. Is it really worth the risk?

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 05:46 PM
I've owned 3 rhd cars. 2 Silvia Ks and 1 180sx. I've been pulled over 3 times in only one of the cars and cops always said some comment about it being from "England" wrote me a ticket and let me go

they never seemed interested in seeing if the vin actually matched or was in different spots etc. The ONLY 2 places that matter are the firewAll and the dash. If those vins are there local authorities don't car and can't tell you if it's right or wrong.

You'd have to REALLY piss a cop off and then he'd have to impound it and call Feds to investigate

SPOOLIN
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
lol, buy the engine, suspension and a fully loaded fire wall and convert one, it will be cheaper. lol

speedminded
02-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I've owned 3 rhd cars. 2 Silvia Ks and 1 180sx. I've been pulled over 3 times in only one of the cars and cops always said some comment about it being from "England" wrote me a ticket and let me go

they never seemed interested in seeing if the vin actually matched or was in different spots etc. The ONLY 2 places that matter are the firewAll and the dash. If those vins are there local authorities don't car and can't tell you if it's right or wrong.

You'd have to REALLY piss a cop off and then he'd have to impound it and call Feds to investigateIt's highly unlikely an LEO will ever check a VIN as long as the registration is up to date. If the dash matches the registration then it's golden but if for some reason it doesn't, like with a dash swap, they'll read the door jamb and you better hope that matches the registration lol!

Low rent body shops rarely tape off the fender VIN for resprays and I've never seen a LEO pop a hood to look at the firewall. Hell, I always had my VIN covered with a black card so it looked like there wasn't even a VIN spot. Only twice was I asked about it and they didn't even have me remove the card when I said it was to prevent anyone from cutting a key with the VIN. Play it cool and typically it's not a problem...it's all about how you present yourself and how you speak to them anyways.

K20Z1
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
is it the blue dc5r ? its ClubRSX owner's car lol

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
I bought a car...guy lost the title to it, but he had a DA shell with a title, swapped the vins and everything was good...lol. I didn't know til I noticed the firewall and the doorjam/dash vin number is different. Got pulled over in the car many times, the cop checked it out (he said a car was stolen in the area with the same description, owning a honda FTL lol.) and he checked the dash and doorjam, they matched the title/registration, and it was all good.

If you're trying to do it the cheapest way....buy a totaled rsx shell (MAKE SURE it's not reported) and do the vin swap, or buy a good rsx shell and swap the vins.

K20Z1
02-22-2010, 07:19 PM
just buy a rsx...... and save u trouble.. i mean its not like a camry vs a ferrari

rjsdxm
02-22-2010, 07:22 PM
LoL i will tell you, and i know for sure that the Ga police are not too intrested in the vin number issue. The only agency that is really big about stolen cars, and stolen vins would be Atlanta PD. Again it is a big time felony to do so though, and it is a great big risk no matter what. I see RHD cars driving around in Atlanta all the time, and they are always registered properly im guessing they must have a title for the car already.

rjsdxm
02-22-2010, 07:23 PM
just buy a rsx...... and save u trouble.. i mean its not like a camry vs a ferrari
LoL to me its a big difference ive owned an rsx and completley modded it, and having a real dc5 would be a whole different world.

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 07:35 PM
It's Chris dyes car? I wouldn't buy it cause he's a supreme douche bag and his wife is a raging bitch

and no there's only 2 motorex cars in the state of ga all other rhd cars are illegal

rjsdxm
02-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Well i dunno about all that, But i can promise you that the 2 cars that i saw were legal

speedminded
02-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Well i dunno about all that, But i can promise you that the 2 cars that i saw were legalWhat two cars?

K20Z1
02-22-2010, 08:19 PM
ill congratulate u when u have completely registered it legally

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Well i dunno about all that, But i can promise you that the 2 cars that i saw were legal

To my knowledge there is 1 motorex r34 and 1 motorex r33 ( that I believed was wrecked ). There might have been a motorex r32 but I can't remember

if it wasn't one of those cars it was ILLEGAL

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
To my knowledge there is 1 motorex r34 and 1 motorex r33 ( that I believed was wrecked ). There might have been a motorex r32 but I can't remember

if it wasn't one of those cars it was ILLEGAL

Are rhd converted cars illegal?

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Converted? No as their shells and frames still meet nhtsa guidelines and specifications

main thing is firewall thickness , dot approved glass, door beams, a pulled strength, airbags when applicable, dot obd2 compliant

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 08:35 PM
I should clarify

cars older than 25 years iirc can be imported legally so you can see an old mini Cooper and it's legal to be here but

ctr, itr, Silvia, skyline unless it's motorex, civic, etc are all federally ILLEGAL regardless of their state title designation

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 08:42 PM
I should clarify

cars older than 25 years iirc can be imported legally so you can see an old mini Cooper and it's legal to be here but

ctr, itr, Silvia, skyline unless it's motorex, civic, etc are all federally ILLEGAL regardless of their state title designation

I have another question...lol. If you import one, can you use it as a track car? LEGALLY? (i know it sounds stupid)

speedminded
02-22-2010, 08:52 PM
I should clarify

ctr, itr, Silvia, skyline unless it's motorex, civic, etc are all federally ILLEGAL regardless of their state title designationYeppp once a vehicle hits 25 years old it's legal to import and is emissions exempt.

The R33 is the only federally legal skyline under 25 years old, other than the very few (like under 5?) Motorex R34's that managed to illegally get papers but the feds allowed the owners to keep them.

gerardojdm
02-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Do jdm cars have the VIN in the body parts like OBD2 (1996+) hondas??

speedminded
02-22-2010, 09:13 PM
I have another question...lol. If you import one, can you use it as a track car? LEGALLY? (i know it sounds stupid)Legally importing a vehicle for race/show is only temporary. The car has to be bonded and is under the owners Visa (no, not the credit card). It's highly unlikely a US Citizen will be able to do it at all.

You bring a car in and it has to get through customs first. EVERYTHING on a foreign car is federally illegal: from the oil to coolant to tires to windshield. The EPA does not want foreign fluids on US Soil and everything has to be disposed of per their guidelines. That's why registered importers are required. If the vehicle, like the R32 and R34, are on the nonconforming vehicle list then it will NOT be allowed into the US under any circumstances.

Bill Gates had a Porsche 959 sit at customs for nearly a decade before him and Jerry Seinfeld fought long enough and payed enough money to make them federally legal, we're talking over a million spent. Good luck getting someone to do that for the Skylines lol!

All the information you need to know: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/RULES/IMPORT/

Theycall_Metue
02-22-2010, 09:40 PM
why dont you buy a toy steering wheel and hook it up on the passenger side and have someone drive you around, it'll be the same as driving a rhd vehicle
save your brain cells and buy a usd car

preferredduck
02-22-2010, 09:44 PM

VIN numbers are 17 digits i think, even on mack trucks it's 17. JDM has less. call the GA DMV in hapeville and get a supervisor on the phone who can tell you some better info. if people can have r32's in GA then a teggy should be able to come too. maybe you find a state to title it to that will and transfer to GA then it should work no prob.

H1Cblacknight
02-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Or....What about a salvage title? Buy your self a salvage vehicle with title and vins. switch them and bada bing! You just have the state re-inspect the vehicle. "You did a RHD conversion" but dont forget to check everything they look for cause they are kinda harsh.

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I didn't know the exact numbers I just know Jdm is less.

Hapeville will tell you you have to get the car state inspected and it MUST be dot compliant ie pass emissions. Obd2 cannot as Jdm cars don't have the inboard diagnostics computers and retrofitting them is $$$$$$$$$

on top of that it will never meet federal crash standards

r32s you see are ILLEGAL if they dont have the federal bond release and nhtsa papwerwork ie motorex paperwork.

There is NO federally legal integra civic Silvia etc in the country

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 10:35 PM
VIN numbers are 17 digits i think, even on mack trucks it's 17. JDM has less. call the GA DMV in hapeville and get a supervisor on the phone who can tell you some better info. if people can have r32's in GA then a teggy should be able to come too. maybe you find a state to title it to that will and transfer to GA then it should work no prob.

Like I said Georgia has closed that loophole. Any car state titled with it's 12 digit will not be able to have it's title transferred here to a ga title.

It used to be you paid a guy in Florida to get you a state title then transfer it here. That is stopping a lot of the state title stuff from happeningthe loopholes are closing rapidly

silversol
02-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Or....What about a salvage title? Buy your self a salvage vehicle with title and vins. switch them and bada bing! You just have the state re-inspect the vehicle. "You did a RHD conversion" but dont forget to check everything they look for cause they are kinda harsh.

I have a rebuilders licence! I am telling you 100% THIS WILL NOT WORK OR PASS A INSPECTION! They will look for the previous damage to check the body work and when they cant find it they will ask questions! also after the body work is performed you are not aloud to paint untill after its inspected! They will know whats going on!

Vteckidd
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM

Won't work they are smarter than that

edit: silver beat me to it

preferredduck
02-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Like I said Georgia has closed that loophole. Any car state titled with it's 12 digit will not be able to have it's title transferred here to a ga title.

It used to be you paid a guy in Florida to get you a state title then transfer it here. That is stopping a lot of the state title stuff from happeningthe loopholes are closing rapidly

i knew about motorex but i thought thier were some exclusions but i know they lied on the r34 crash test. i remember the guy in florida getting in trouble for importing. i know it would have to be inspected and pass emmissions for sure but the kidd knows more about the harness etc than i do.

VIN swap = jail time and fines.

skacore
02-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Don't bother, it will probably get stolen.

Theycall_Metue
02-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Don't bother, it will probably get stolen.
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

all that work and forget a alarm system :screwy:

rjsdxm
02-23-2010, 07:40 AM
How tough are the emissions places here in Ga i know in NJ you could pay someone to get you passed inspection.

Vteckidd
02-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Now you are talking about felony vin swaps and felony emissions crimes

may want to cease this discussion here

skacore
02-23-2010, 11:32 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

all that work and forget a alarm system :screwy:

Type R's just scream steal me.

rjsdxm
02-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Thank you guys for your advice and help.. Doing further research it probably wouldnt be the best thing for me to do. I did however find another one that is for sale that is titled, and registered out of Ca what do you think will this work?

speedminded
02-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Thank you guys for your advice and help.. Doing further research it probably wouldnt be the best thing for me to do. I did however find another one that is for sale that is titled, and registered out of Ca what do you think will this work?How do you know the VIN's weren't swapped on it?

Vteckidd
02-23-2010, 12:02 PM
There's a guy on Honda-tech with 3 that are titled in cali but he wants 28000$ a piece

Even with a Cali title you run a risk or the title not transferring, it depends if it was titled with it's jdm vin or if it was given a us vin number.

Also most likely he knows someone in the DMV because an obd2 car will def not pass obd2 smog in Cali or Georgia. It also (if i remember) cannot pass Cali ref if he gets pulled over. For that car you need to call the Georgia DMV and ask but I'm willing to bet money they will tell you it can't be transferred because it won't pass smog

speedminded
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM
There's a guy on Honda-tech with 3 that are titled in cali but he wants 28000$ a piece

Even with a Cali title you run a risk or the title not transferring, it depends if it was titled with it's jdm vin or if it was given a us vin number.

Also most likely he knows someone in the DMV because an obd2 car will def not pass obd2 smog in Cali or Georgia. It also (if i remember) cannot pass Cali ref if he gets pulled over. For that car you need to call the Georgia DMV and ask but I'm willing to bet money they will tell you it can't be transferred because it won't pass smogWhat if your vehicles are registered in a county that doesn't require emissions?

Vteckidd
02-23-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm pretty sure any county in Cali requires emissions. If you mean he transfers it to a county here with no emmissions, it goes back to if that county will accept a jdm vin.

But even at that it will never be fed legal. It will always be susceptible to seizure in the future

Shift_2WIN
02-23-2010, 12:17 PM
LoL i will tell you, and i know for sure that the Ga police are not too intrested in the vin number issue. The only agency that is really big about stolen cars, and stolen vins would be Atlanta PD. Again it is a big time felony to do so though, and it is a great big risk no matter what. I see RHD cars driving around in Atlanta all the time, and they are always registered properly im guessing they must have a title for the car already.
You assume that they are imported, when they could've been converted to RHD for cheaper, and still be legal. Just because you see them driving on the right, doesn't mean the car was originally RHD. So unless you just hit the lotto, do yourself a favor and buy a USDM. If having a RHD, JDM tyte Integra is really that important to you, just buy a JDM front clip. Those are legal, and there are plenty of companies that sell them. Then you can have your JDM RHD, engine, etc, and spend alot less money at the same time.

Blitanicle99
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, apparently the rules have changed with the laws being the car must have a 22 digit VIN.

I "might" "happen" to know someone that provides legit titles however not in GA. They are a South East state and not in FL.

I'd rather not post about it however.

Either way, its expensive and a pain in the ass... Ive done it before on something a bit more expensive than a Honda.

My advice... stay away. Its such a hassle.

Shift_2WIN
02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Well, apparently the rules have changed with the laws being the car must have a 22 digit VIN.

I "might" "happen" to know someone that provides legit titles however not in GA. They are a South East state and not in FL.

I'd rather not post about it however.

Either way, its expensive and a pain in the ass... Ive done it before on something a bit more expensive than a Honda.

My advice... stay away. Its such a hassle.
Exactly! To the OP if you are going to go through the EXTREME AND EXPENSIVE hassle of importing something, it should be something rare we cant get here, b/c in the end its still just like all the Integras we have here except the RHD and maybe engine (I dont know much about Hondas). You can make a USDM Integra look just like a JDM Integra, and can buy the engine and put in your legal USDM Integra. Hell you could get a spec list of the JDM Integra, buy all the parts, buy a USDM Integra shell, install the JDM parts on your shell, and you will have a LEGAL JDM Integra. Only the body itself will be USDM, but you will be able to register it no problem, and you will still have spent less money than you would have trying to title it probably lol

K20Z1
02-23-2010, 08:58 PM
You assume that they are imported, when they could've been converted to RHD for cheaper, and still be legal. Just because you see them driving on the right, doesn't mean the car was originally RHD. So unless you just hit the lotto, do yourself a favor and buy a USDM. If having a RHD, JDM tyte Integra is really that important to you, just buy a JDM front clip. Those are legal, and there are plenty of companies that sell them. Then you can have your JDM RHD, engine, etc, and spend alot less money at the same time.

01 + integra looks exactly like USDM (rsx) lol. .except a a lip and black housing head light

speedminded
02-23-2010, 09:15 PM
01 + integra looks exactly like USDM (rsx) lol. .except a a lip and black housing head lightHe thinks by "Integra" the OP means '97-01...not the '02+ Honda Integra which is the same as our RSX.

K20Z1
02-23-2010, 09:20 PM
He thinks by "Integra" the OP means '97-01...not the '02+ Honda Integra which is the same as our RSX.

and if i ever happen to get a 97 integra, it better come with a full time guard to prevent thief!!!!!!!!!! :police:

Vteckidd
02-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Bottom line is you have to pay to play and eve them you can lose

be aware of the risks

Shift_2WIN
02-23-2010, 10:30 PM
He thinks by "Integra" the OP means '97-01...not the '02+ Honda Integra which is the same as our RSX.
Lol thats what I was thinking, but their Integra (RSX) looks exactly like our RSX, and would still be cheaper to piece it together than try to register an illegal car.

preferredduck
02-23-2010, 11:45 PM
How tough are the emissions places here in Ga i know in NJ you could pay someone to get you passed inspection.

there are no emmissions in my county and i'm right beside gnett.

DeeAOne
02-24-2010, 12:14 AM
interesting thread, im learning a lot.

i agree with others, just get a usdm rsx and convert it.

isthisreal
02-24-2010, 12:26 AM
BUMP

DirkD88
02-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Sounds like a nice car Bump A++:goodjob:

rjsdxm
02-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Ok so what counties do we know of that dont have emissions?

Tech5
02-24-2010, 09:15 AM
cost way to much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedminded
02-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Ok so what counties do we know of that dont have emissions?Emissions is ONLY in metro areas. Out of the 159 counties in Georgia there are only about 13 that require emissions testing: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding, and Rockdale.

Vteckidd
02-24-2010, 10:19 AM
the emmissions are not the problem, read what blitanicle said and what i have been saying

#62 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Blitanicle99
ASC is for fools Join Date: Feb 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if you have a county with NO EMISSIONS you cant register or transfer a JDM VIN State Title to GA.

eYezs1ck
02-24-2010, 10:38 AM
a car w/o a title aint worth shit
dont get ripped off
qft

rjsdxm
02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
im no longer intrested in the on with no title im now researching the one that is currently registerd in Ca. I havent made up my mind yet what i wanna do but i do appreciate all the advice though.

K20Z1
02-24-2010, 02:08 PM
state legal still isn't FEderal legal. ..

on one of a R33 skyline it title says.. NISSAN "diesel" ??

Vteckidd
02-24-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279782

preferredduck
02-25-2010, 09:27 PM
barrow has no emmissions, yet, and i also have a friend at the tag office here, but don't risk losing your money, i danm sure wouldn't, esp if in 2 years the FED comes to get it like i have read about other folks cars that were imported. they lost alot of money and had no ride.