PDA

View Full Version : Who got to ride this past weekend? It was in the mid 60s!!

BLK JDM
02-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Well it looks like riding season for us warm weather riders started this past weekend. There was so many bikes out all over the city. I was just wondering how many of yall were able to get out and enjoy it?

I was being lazy all winter and never worked on my bike. So just this past Friday I decided to finally take mine apart and install all the parts I bought over the winter and replace 2 fairings and a frame slider from a low speed high side I had. Well I didn't get done so I watched everybody else have fun. My own fault though I can't complain. I was soo mad I did that to myself. Oh well, hope yall had fun and remember to do your check ups before you get back on your bike for riding season. Check those tire pressures, adjust and lube your chain, and retighten all those bolts. For some older bikes-bearings need love too!!

David88vert
02-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Wanted to ride, but had someone coming over to buy some items from me. He never showed, so he wasted my afternoon.

Patterson
02-22-2010, 09:47 AM
everyone was calling/telling me how many were out. sucks not being able to get on one. O well i guess shit happens........ ya'll ride safe

redr1
02-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Damn David, he didn't even show? What a jack ass! I need help putting on my rear tire, got anytime soon??

David88vert
02-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Damn David, he didn't even show? What a jack ass! I need help putting on my rear tire, got anytime soon??

Nope, he didn't show or call - and didn't pickup when I called him.

If the weather is good, let's get the wheel over there this week.

BLK JDM
02-22-2010, 12:19 PM

Is this Billy from Maxxis? If so what's up this is Jerel that had the blue R1 when I worked up there. How you been?

Goinfasterthanu
02-22-2010, 12:27 PM
I rode the dual sport all day friday. Went to coopers creek wma, rode some of 180 and 129... Rode the cbr all day saturday to hellen and around there... Then finsihed it off on the gsxr for sunday , did 129. I knew from my trip up with the dual sport to stay off 180 with the sport bike.. Saw 1 cruizer lose it in the gravel...

David88vert
02-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Is this Billy from Maxxis?

Yes, that is him.

redr1
02-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Sup Jerel, good to hear from you man, you still got that beast of an R1?? Not too long after you left, David88vert got me this Duc for a deal too good to pass up!! It took some time for it to finally be mine but well worth it. I got Racer Billy to get me some Presa Sports that I will be putting on hopefully this week.

vtecgsrguy
02-22-2010, 04:25 PM
i got out sat and sun on mine! wuz good weather huh???

Halfwit
02-22-2010, 04:51 PM
i rode both days1 great weather. got some winter time stress relieved on the highway, got to business on old twistin rds back home.

squid note- henry co police-0 halfwit-1

95droppedhatch
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
i wanted to ride but no i decided to paint my bike at the last minute oh well plenty of riding to come

Hondatwin23
02-22-2010, 06:41 PM
i rode saturday morning loved it!

THATdude
02-22-2010, 08:25 PM
wanted to but was doing maintenance on my new ride

BLK JDM
02-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Sup Jerel, good to hear from you man, you still got that beast of an R1?? Not too long after you left, David88vert got me this Duc for a deal too good to pass up!! It took some time for it to finally be mine but well worth it. I got Racer Billy to get me some Presa Sports that I will be putting on hopefully this week.

I sold the R1 last year April and bought a 08 Suzuki GSXR 1000 blk/blk. It's a great bike. Done a lot to it. That Duc is straight sexy. Hope to see you out there this year.

Tarzanman
02-23-2010, 09:10 AM
1/3 of the loop was ok, another 1/3 had just enough gravel on it to worry about and the the last 1/3 was ridiculous with all the left over gravel and melting snow (water).

Unless they get some heavy downpours and a lot of traffic up there, I would expect the loop to suck for a few weeks. It is manageable if you take it easy... but you'll need to stay alert and out of the slippery stuff.