PDA

View Full Version : do they sell spark plug adapters at autozone?

jdm-civic
02-21-2010, 11:44 PM
im looking for a adapter that will convert a 14mm plug to a 16mm plug.anybody know where to find one of these other than online?

JJSPEC Racing
02-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Why would you want to do that? A 16mm plug(I would think you mean 18mm, btw) is larger so if you do that the spark plug would be out of the combustion chamber.

blown_ss
02-22-2010, 06:47 AM
im looking for a adapter that will convert a 14mm plug to a 16mm plug.anybody know where to find one of these other than online?

wow you're dumb. what would be the point in this?

Turbodude06
02-22-2010, 07:54 AM
wow you're dumb. what would be the point in this?

^Same question except for the dumb part?????

bdydrpdmazda
02-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Im just as curious about why you would wanna do this as everybody else...

TSiFTW
02-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Even if it were a good idea, why not just fucking call them instead of asking on here? Jesus.

Destineal
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I too am curious of your motives. I don't think you're dumb though.

oneSLOWex
02-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Buy the right spark plugs.

/story

jdm-civic
02-22-2010, 10:45 AM
because who ever owned the car before me stripped the threads in the head and now it only accepts this special thredded fitting on the plug.....the thing is, is that i cant get the fitting off the old worn plug and i wanna see if anybody sells them

TSiFTW
02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
because who ever owned the car before me stripped the threads in the head and now it only accepts this special thredded fitting on the plug.....the thing is, is that i cant get the fitting off the old worn plug and i wanna see if anybody sells them

Well take it to the parts store and ask them! Easiest way.

jdm-civic
02-22-2010, 10:52 AM
i wanted to ask yall before i wasted my gas for a no!

TSiFTW
02-22-2010, 10:55 AM
i wanted to ask yall before i wasted my gas for a no!

Do you have a phone to call them? Not being an asshole here but I doubt any of us have all the parts at autozone for us to look at right in front of us. Or google your problem and see what comes up.

bdydrpdmazda
02-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Do you have a phone to call them? Not being an asshole here but I doubt any of us have all the parts at autozone for us to look at right in front of us. Or google your problem and see what comes up.
Stop making sense dude...

preferredduck
02-22-2010, 09:14 PM
advance has save a plug for $30 and heli coil makes a plug saver also. my brother just had to use this on a b18b1 he is building. don't go to autozone they are idiots at everyone i've been too and don't know what a front main seal is!!! it doesn't need to be bigger just re-threaded.

jdm-civic
02-23-2010, 12:24 AM
i think this is what i need
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-28355172338643_2090_16201908819

marcos713
02-23-2010, 01:06 AM
advance has save a plug for $30 and heli coil makes a plug saver also. my brother just had to use this on a b18b1 he is building. don't go to autozone they are idiots at everyone i've been too and don't know what a front main seal is!!! it doesn't need to be bigger just re-threaded.

thats not at every autzone you know. thats like saying all mcdonalds are ghetto because the one you went to was ghetto. where i live its actually the other way around from what you said but it just depends which one you go to.

k3tsurui
02-23-2010, 10:06 PM
should have just traded for the honda, lol

jdm-civic
02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
naw im good. i love torque

k3tsurui
02-23-2010, 10:12 PM
torque isn't the bad thing...it's the ford part that is the problem...hence, you are running mismatch spark plugs lmfao

jdm-civic
02-23-2010, 10:15 PM
no there all the same ngk's its just i want to change them......im big on maintanace

k3tsurui
02-23-2010, 10:29 PM
i meant mismatched size but whatever....how dare you put oem honda plugs into that bastarded car

jdm-civic
02-23-2010, 10:31 PM
ngk arent honda specific you dipstick, there made for all manufactures

preferredduck
02-23-2010, 11:43 PM
thats not at every autzone you know. thats like saying all mcdonalds are ghetto because the one you went to was ghetto. where i live its actually the other way around from what you said but it just depends which one you go to.

i know it all depends on the staff. every advance and napa i go to is great, my bro works at advance off 120 by the AMC and they know their stuff because they are all car nuts, but i had 3 autozones in my area not able to find a front main seal or cam seal, more training would be good at some places but i love greene's here in winder they are awesome!!! the job market in marietta is way different than athens, winder, etc.

EP3sAreFun
02-24-2010, 03:37 PM
i know it all depends on the staff. every advance and napa i go to is great, my bro works at advance off 120 by the AMC and they know their stuff because they are all car nuts, but i had 3 autozones in my area not able to find a front main seal or cam seal, more training would be good at some places but i love greene's here in winder they are awesome!!! the job market in marietta is way different than athens, winder, etc.

Goddamn right they are. And the owner freaking works there. Nice guy too.

get pissed off at autozone,advance and O'reilly then get what you need at greene's

JITB
02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Im starting to think you have my old probe...lol

I had the same problem with my probe gt, and was why i got rid of it..

Your gonna have to get a spark plug re-thread kit, and just rethread it. None of the auto zone, advance, oreilly in our area, will carry the correct size.. atleast they didnt when i had to rethread a few weeks ago. I had to go to Ace hardware in Conyers, and got everything i needed.

But probe/mx6 gts are very well known to strip the spark plug threads. You may be able to find what you need at advance/oreilly/napa/AZ on covington.. but ace definatly has everything you need, they close at 6...get moving!

Another thing, i still have my rethread kit here at the house, and heli coils, i may have the size you need, but i do still have the spark plug rethreader and tap kit etc... if u want to try it out? im right around the corner!

chuck
02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Another thing, i still have my rethread kit here at the house, and heli coils, i may have the size you need, but i do still have the spark plug rethreader and tap kit etc... if u want to try it out? im right around the corner!

bring magnets and good luck!!

JITB
02-24-2010, 04:33 PM
bring magnets and good luck!!

i ll let him take it with him, i dont want him to get stuck at my house...lol its one of those things, that if done wrong will ruin your week!

jdm-civic
02-24-2010, 11:17 PM
see, im fine now its just i wanted to do a lil pm on the car.but if i have to do all that and risk something then imma just leave it be or try to get the adapter off the spark plug which i think is gonna be impossible

preferredduck
02-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Goddamn right they are. And the owner freaking works there. Nice guy too.

get pissed off at autozone,advance and O'reilly then get what you need at greene's

go screw with a guy named cane at advance, my brro works at the one off hwy 120 and all of them are car nuts. cane has it where my bro can't go in to the winder store to get parts and the more complaints we get on him the better, he is the manager. i always get my timing belt (gates) from greenes and they know their stuff. autozone in winder is a joke, i had to take over the computer to get the metal ring in between the cat and my exhaust, and a front main seal they cannot even find.

preferredduck
02-25-2010, 08:04 PM
see, im fine now its just i wanted to do a lil pm on the car.but if i have to do all that and risk something then imma just leave it be or try to get the adapter off the spark plug which i think is gonna be impossible

i can possibly let you talk to my brother to see what he did, he is a machinist so as far as things of this nature go he is a perfectionist. he made me a container that only opens one way and i still can't get it open. i wonder what's inside!!!:eek: