PDA

View Full Version : two were killed in a CRX last night in Flowery Branch on 985

Franco Tirador
02-21-2010, 09:25 PM
just saw it on the news, two white dudes, they were young the crx was white, i bet they were here on ia

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Couple-Mourns-Loss-of-Sons-in-Accident-022210

my prayers are with their parents and they themselves were both parents, one just had a kid about 6 months ago and the other's mate was expecting

MachNU
02-21-2010, 09:27 PM
fuck thats not far from me...sucks though hope they where not doing anything stupid.

DecoyOctopus
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
so if they own a honda, theyre on IA?

Da_unknown
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
from what i heard on the news this morniing they were speeding..

thecrazyone
02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
is this the car that caught on fire?

DecoyOctopus
02-21-2010, 09:31 PM
what channel did you watch it on?

Franco Tirador
02-21-2010, 09:34 PM
so if they own a honda, theyre on IA?

the dad said they just got the like a day ago and he said he took him for a ride and the dad told him to be careful cause that car is pretty fast, it was a modded crx dude, show me some young dude that drives a modded crx that's not on ia.

i just remember lat last year i got smoked by one that later slowed down and told me he just made a bunch of money racing people

DecoyOctopus
02-21-2010, 09:35 PM
the dad said they just got the like a day ago and he said he took him for a ride and the dad told him to be careful cause that car is pretty fast, it was a modded crx dude, show me some young dude that drives a modded crx that's not on ia.

i just remember lat last year i got smoked by one that later slowed down and told me he just made a bunch of money racing people

Lol, I know ALOT of people around here with K swapped civics, turbo hondas, etc that aren't on IA.

Motivation
02-21-2010, 09:37 PM
is this the car that caught on fire?

That was a semi on 75N near the Dobbins Air Force Base exit if that is what you were talking about... Was quite a site to drive by last night.

Franco Tirador
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
from what i heard on the news this morniing they were speeding..

they were most def speeding, no crx doing speed limit is going to loose control and burn up, they were definetly speeding, i wonder how whoever they were racing felt, i have been in that situation, a few years back i was racing a green maxima with black rims after i had just got my swap, and almost had him when we came on this long curve and next thing i knew my fwd honda was going sideways @ 60+mph, my life flashed before my eyes, thank God the car did not flip, i got home, thanked God i was alive and crawled into bed, with my heart still going 100mph, not smart

but i wonder what did the maxima driver feel cause we were right next to each other, he knew what happened to me, i dont think i could live with myself if someone that i raced died, that's one of the reason why i dont do it anymore, and that super speeder law, it was on fox 5 ill post the link as soon as they put it on the site

Motivation
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
they were most def speeding, no crx doing speed limit is going to loose control and burn up, they were definetly speeding, i wonder how whoever they were racing felt, i have been in that situation, a few years back i was racing a green maxima with black rims after i had just got my swap, and almost had him when we came on this long curve and next thing i knew my fwd honda was going sideways @ 60+mph, my life flashed before my eyes, thank God the car did not flip, i got home, thanked God i was alive and crawled into bed, with my heart still going 100mph, not smart

but i wonder what did the maxima driver feel cause we were right next to each other, he knew what happened to me, i dont think i could live with myself if someone that i raced died, that's one of the reason why i dont do it anymore, and that super speeder law, it was on fox 5 ill post the link as soon as they put it on the site

1, What does this have to do with anything?
2. What does the color of the car you were racing having anything to do with?
3. Why does the fact it had black wheels matter?
4. So, 5mph more (you said 60mph) will make a honda go sideways but you said the speedlimit wouldn't?
5. You "almost had him"... Fast and furious much?

Mantooth
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about this. I will keep their family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

94tegGSR
02-21-2010, 09:57 PM
my prayers will b with the friends and family!!

Tech5
02-21-2010, 10:03 PM
family yes...... sad ......

jR1_kS14
02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
speed was a factor, the mom and the dad were saying at the end of the report that they need to get all these kids with boost, nos, superchargers, out of public roads to just stop. so yeah speed was a factor

lol that's dumb

Franco Tirador
02-21-2010, 10:14 PM
this is where this thread belongs

Mantooth
02-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Putting this into the "KILLS" section is beyond fucked up.:no:

Franco Tirador
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Putting this into the "KILLS" section is beyond fucked up.:no:

that's actually a good thing, makes people think twice......maybe:dunno:

CautionMeDC2
02-21-2010, 10:59 PM
my brother just told me about this when i got out of work. i wonder if he was behind the group i was with. we were coming home from the pleasant hill meet.

edit: just read the article and i was on that road around 1:00am.

Mantooth
02-21-2010, 10:59 PM
that's actually a good thing, makes people think twice......maybe:dunno:Yeah, that's for sure. It's just ironic that they call this the "kills" section and it's for street racing.

KevinT707
02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
I have been in that situation, a few years back i was racing a green maxima with black rims after i had just got my swap, and almost had him when we came on this long curve and next thing i knew my fwd honda was going sideways @ 60+mph, my life flashed before my eyes, thank God the car did not flip, i got home, thanked God i was alive and crawled into bed, with my heart still going 100mph, not smart

Back in the day when I street raced every weekend I actually had an incident VERY similar to this. I was doing a hwy pull with an S2000 (I had 1 passenger) and we were going really quick until a curve on the hwy came up, I braked rather quickly which made the rear sway side to side. I was scared as hail .. I've had many nights when I drove home, layed in bed and thanked God for still being alive too. Too stressful and scary so I rather just be safe these days.

Sunkenkarma
02-22-2010, 12:31 AM
This blows, Im from flowery branch, let me know the names of the 2 people, I might know em.

CHADbee
02-22-2010, 12:39 AM
RIP

my prayers go out to their family, friends and them. nobody is perfect, everybody has done stupid shit but thankfully we have lived to talk about it.

Franco Tirador
02-22-2010, 08:39 AM
This blows, Im from flowery branch, let me know the names of the 2 people, I might know em.

"Paul "Bubba" Keyes -- 23-years-old -- and his 19-year old brother Sean died early Sunday morning"

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Couple-Mourns-Loss-of-Sons-in-Accident-022210

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Thats very sad man....I feel kind of bad, this is my old car...

I couldnt help but laugh when the mom said "the nos kits, the boost, superchargers"...RIP

RJ's325ITS
02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Thats very sad man....I feel kind of bad, this is my old car...

I couldnt help but laugh when the mom said "the nos kits, the boost, superchargers"...RIP

So how fast was this old car of yours? What was done to it? :???:

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 07:19 PM
So how fast was this old car of yours? What was done to it? :???:

turbo d16, not that fast really lol. 250whp

bdydrpdmazda
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
dang, I just saw that they were brothers...

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
I've been wondering this all day....they say theyre investigating what happened, if they find out they were racing someone, will the person get charged with anything?

TIGERJC
02-22-2010, 07:37 PM
this is where this thread belongs

actually no

TIGERJC
02-22-2010, 07:47 PM
I've been wondering this all day....they say theyre investigating what happened, if they find out they were racing someone, will the person get charged with anything?

yep

mushroom_toy
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
I actually passed by the wreck Sunday morning at 5am, although it was not still on fire of anything like that...the scene was still up. Only the center lane was open.

RJ's325ITS
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM

Yes, they will try to blame it on the 3rd party; that is why If I don't race people that haven't proof to be race worthy.

Not that it matters, but in now days there are too many kids out there with mild fast cars that haven't take the time to learn how to manage their car in case of an emergency.:(

I guess if you race someone that has been racing for quite a while they should now by now what to do in a straight line, and you face a *little* better odds

That's why my advice to everyone here is do a driving school, before you start messing around in public roads.

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Yes, they will try to blame it on the 3rd party; that is why If I don't race people that haven't proof to be race worthy.

Not that it matters, but in now days there are too many kids out there with mild fast cars that haven't take the time to learn how to manage their car in case of an emergency.:(

I guess if you race someone that has been racing for quite a while they should now by now what to do in a straight line, and you face a *little* better odds

That's why my advice to everyone here is do a driving school, before you start messing around in public roads.

Damn, guess I gotta learn to look at who I race...it would suck to race a stranger and get charged for manslaughter.

I haven't been driving for long (3 years) but i've had a few fast cars (3 300-400whp hondas, turbo supra, etc.) I know when it's appropriate to gun it and when it's not lol. I know how to drive (no bragging here.) , not the best, but I don't think i'll end up in a ditch lol. I've taken my time and learned how to drive before I got a fast car..

Like I said above, I feel bad for the parents, the wives/girlfriends, and the kids. RIP

nreggie454
02-22-2010, 08:27 PM

Better advice: DON'T RACE ON PUBLIC ROADS! I don't care if you are Mika Hakkinen and you are racing against Michael Schumacher. There are many more unsafe variables to racing on public roads even if there are zero cars around. A pothole, some gravel, or other debris can be enough to make you lose control and hurt yourself or someone else. Not worth ruining your life for a few seconds of adrenaline.

DecoyOctopus
02-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Better advice: DON'T RACE ON PUBLIC ROADS! I don't care if you are Mika Hakkinen and you are racing against Michael Schumacher. There are many more unsafe variables to racing on public roads even if there are zero cars around. A pothole, some gravel, or other debris can be enough to make you lose control and hurt yourself or someone else. Not worth ruining your life for a few seconds of adrenaline.

x2..I'll admit, I do street racing (but RARELY, very rarely.) I build my car while the track isnt open.

aguynamedpat
02-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Wow thats sad. Why do these two names sound so familiar.....

RJ's325ITS
02-22-2010, 08:51 PM

Edited Post:

I'm a *bit* more realistic.....

BTW by driving school I mean a “performance driving school” such as the ones they do at Road Atlanta.

I know that once the theory they learned at the driving school soaks in, the average "I want to go fast on the straightaway" driver will take better rational decisions, or the way they take decisions will change forever...

Ignorance is what we as a society need to target, in other countries you have to complete a wet skipad test before you get a driver’s license, unfortunately here after a test done IIRC in the 80's, the GOV decided that was cheaper to make cars and highway’s safer rather than educate the U.S. drivers.

So we are just victims of Murphy's laws, at this point.

I *Know* an educated driver *will* take a better decision at any given time, when it encounters a dangerous situation, even when st racing.... And educated driver can recover from a partial lost in traction, and uneducated driver will make the situation worse….

Besides it's been proven that every human brakes the law at least 2 times in their life time, so nature proofs my point.

An educated human (driver) could off set the odds enough to save their own life, or the life of others.

aguynamedpat
02-22-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm a *bit* more realistic.....

I know once the theory soaks into the average "I want to gund'it on the straight aways" driver, the way the take rational decisions will change forever...

Ignorance is what we need to target, in other places you have to complete a wet skipad before they get a license, unfurtunetlly after a test done IIRC in the 80's, the GOV decided that was cheaper to make cars/hwy's safer than educate the U.S. drivers.....

So we are just victims of Murphy's laws, at this point.

I *Know* an educated driver *will* take better decision at any given time, even when st racing....

Besides the it's been proven that every human brakes the law at least 2 times in their life time, so it's nature proven my point of:

An educated human could off set the odds enough to saving their own life.

This post was completely useless and made absolutely no fucking sense. And an educated drive will make a better decision and NOT street race. Street racing is for douchebags who have no regard for the safety of themselves and others. If you have no self control, and seeing a Honda on the highway makes you want to race, then you should not be behind the wheel of a car.

RJ's325ITS
02-22-2010, 09:06 PM
This post was completely useless and made absolutely no fucking sense. And an educated drive will make a better decision and NOT street race. Street racing is for douchebags who have no regard for the safety of themselves and others. If you have no self control, and seeing a Honda on the highway makes you want to race, then you should not be behind the wheel of a car.

Edited Post:

Let me put it in simple words.....

Tell your kids not to do something and they will still go ahead and do it....

Tell society not to drink and drive, and sure they will do it....

Point is:
If society would listen and follow the rules/laws we will not need law enforcement, lawyers, society as we know would not exist.

I have this same type of conversation with people with more IQ that you and me, and we all agree that society as we know it survives base on *restrictions*.

Restriction as laws, don’t do this or you get that, be good and you will go to heaven, all this restrictions are needed to keep society in check.

Do you realize that other than the missionary is illegal..... Food for thought

Our driving laws and rules will have to change soon, with car getting nothing but faster and safer we are going to have to educate the end users (drivers).

JDM onlyy
02-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Let me put in in simple words.....

Tell your kids not to do something and they will do it....

Tell society not to drink and drive an sure they are going to ahead and not do it....

I have this same chat with people with more IQ that you and me, and we all agree that society as we know it survives base on *restrictions*.

Do you realize that other than the missionary is illegal..... Food for thought :goodjob:

You're broken English is so hard to understand...I can't tell what you're saying because some of it is contradictory from the last statement you said before it. Proofread....a quick skim won't kill ya! :goodjob:

RJ's325ITS
02-22-2010, 11:08 PM
I was typing from my iPhone... I will go over my post in a minute.

Ok I edited my prior posts, added some more background and a bit more details; I hope my point gets across.

RJ's325ITS
02-22-2010, 11:35 PM
You're broken English is so hard to understand...I can't tell what you're saying because some of it is contradictory from the last statement you said before it. Proofread....a quick skim won't kill ya! :goodjob:

Do you mean?

Your broken English

:lmfao:

CautionMeDC2
02-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Do you mean?

Your broken English

lol at the guy trying to correct some one else's grammer.

CHADbee
02-23-2010, 12:10 AM

youve never broken the speed limit huh? never rode in a car without a seatbelt huh? never fucked some bitch at a party and didnt wrap it huh? never been out and had 2 beers then drove home huh?

you are NOT perfect. you HAVE done stupid shit in your lifetime, we all have. some people are lucky enough to not have severe consequences for it, some arent.

street racing is not a smart choice and unfortunately these young men are leaving their young families behind. its a very sad situation and there is no need for you to come in here and bash them, they have paid the ultimate price....yet you want to bash them online? your a real cool guy.

JDM onlyy
02-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Do you mean?

Your broken English

Common misuse of those words. I'm sleepy and I still am cause I just got off work. COD is keeping me awake. Your sentences were broken to the point where most of us couldn't read it. But at least you understood mine. Lol

aguynamedpat
02-23-2010, 10:03 PM
youve never broken the speed limit huh? never rode in a car without a seatbelt huh? never fucked some bitch at a party and didnt wrap it huh? never been out and had 2 beers then drove home huh?

you are NOT perfect. you HAVE done stupid shit in your lifetime, we all have. some people are lucky enough to not have severe consequences for it, some arent.

street racing is not a smart choice and unfortunately these young men are leaving their young families behind. its a very sad situation and there is no need for you to come in here and bash them, they have paid the ultimate price....yet you want to bash them online? your a real cool guy.

Whoa whoa whoa Chad, Chad, Chad... Calm down brother. I was not bashing the people who have lost their lives doing this. That post was solely related to the post that I quoted, it had nothing to do with the original post, and was not towards the people who lost their lives. I would not speak about someone in that manner who has paid the ultimate price.

Maybe the driver in this situation was uneducated, and he made a stupid decision, but I was referring to the post that RJs325its made about making an educated decision on who you street race. I would not bash/talk down upon people who have lost their lives in this manner, you know I am better than that dude.

:cheers:

G.C
02-24-2010, 12:16 AM
dam...r.i.p

Losing both your sons....can't imagine how much pain they're going through right now...

bdydrpdmazda
02-24-2010, 10:29 AM

+26, I hate street racing but I wouldnt wish or laugh about death on somebody doing it unless they harmed innocent people. I do wish extreme punishments like lots of jail time on them though...

pinedo88
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
my brother just told me about this when i got out of work. i wonder if he was behind the group i was with. we were coming home from the pleasant hill meet.

edit: just read the article and i was on that road around 1:00am.
yea dude i saw it on atl hwy on the way back from pleasent hill.

CautionMeDC2
02-24-2010, 12:46 PM
so he did pass us?

CHADbee
02-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Whoa whoa whoa Chad, Chad, Chad... Calm down brother. I was not bashing the people who have lost their lives doing this. That post was solely related to the post that I quoted, it had nothing to do with the original post, and was not towards the people who lost their lives. I would not speak about someone in that manner who has paid the ultimate price.

Maybe the driver in this situation was uneducated, and he made a stupid decision, but I was referring to the post that RJs325its made about making an educated decision on who you street race. I would not bash/talk down upon people who have lost their lives in this manner, you know I am better than that dude.

:cheers:
sorry about that lol its all good.

+26, I hate street racing but I wouldnt wish or laugh about death on somebody doing it unless they harmed innocent people. I do wish extreme punishments like lots of jail time on them though...
i agree, i dont street race anymore and never will. if others do it then its their choice and while im not gonna bash them for it, cause ive been there(being a hardcore street racer) but i do hope they understand what the possibilities of their actions are.

in my eyes their are 2 types of street racers. the ones that put their own lifes at risk and the ones that put others life at risk along with their own.

if 2 people make the choice to go out on a back road in the boonies at 3 am and do a dig run or hit up the interstate at 4am for a 40-140 pull with no other cars around then thats their choice to put their lifes at risk but i dont hate them for it or even look down at them because of it. i still wouldnt do it myself though.

now on the other hand, these piece of shit ricers i see racing on 285 at 2pm in traffic, getting up to 100mph then having to slam on their brakes to keep from rear ending a tahoe....they need their fingers cut the fuck off.

jfman
02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
250whp in a 1800lbs crx will do it

Echonova
02-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Do you mean?

Your broken English

lol at the guy trying to correct some one else's grammer.Grammar*

RJ's325ITS
02-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Well guys, FOX5 News said:

- Investigators are looking for Chevy pick up truck; driver might be of Hispanic descent -

They are looking for the driver of the truck b/c they believe the other driver was racing with them.... ohhh ohhhh, If I was that guy I would get me a lawyer and turn my self in.

I'm glad I'm going to a track day on the 24th.... Keep in the track boys....

CautionMeDC2
02-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Grammar*
damn:headslap:

Franco Tirador
02-27-2010, 09:36 PM
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Man-Charged-in-Crash-That-Killed-2-022610

tofu-eg
02-27-2010, 10:02 PM
damn...keep it at the track...

sam.car
02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I drove by there at 330am, I guess they had it all cleaned up by then.

vq35sleeper
02-27-2010, 10:32 PM
i doubt he was on here..they were both good friends of mine

RJ's325ITS
02-27-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Man-Charged-in-Crash-That-Killed-2-022610

WOW, that was quick....

I was wondering about the whole thing, sad either way... If the other guy make them loose control (good they got him now), but what if it was just another hi-spd pull where their car had some kind of failure, or a bad part of the road made them loose it.... Which in this case now we will have more lifes damage by an accident.

I hope the true finds it's way to the top in this sad matter.

AnTi-PooN
03-12-2010, 07:12 AM
My friend works with the father of the two guys.... A truck of hispanics got in front of them and locked up the brakes, they went off the rode to avoid collision and ya...

VTECking
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Thats sad. I prayed for their family and friends.

SLOWR/T
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
WOW this is sad to read. Especially that it was two brothers.

REV.olution
03-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Frankly, it is sad for both parties. Especially if the truck was not 100% at fault - then its a stingy way get caught in the system.

SPOOLIN
03-13-2010, 04:36 PM
lol, I love grammar corrections by someone who has the grammar of a 4th grader.