PDA

View Full Version : Thermo Switch 90 Integra??

preferredduck
02-21-2010, 06:08 PM
ok on the back of the obd-0 LS block there is a 2 pin switch(thermo switch) that goes to the left of the oil switch. what does this thing do. we are putting a b18b1 from a 94 LS into the car and it does not have this. we plan on going obd-1 but my brother is stubborn as aa mule?? does this control when the fans come on etc. i can't find the info in the 2 book acura repair manual we have(stragiht from acura). we have an obd-1 manifold, obd-0 dizzy(rewire) and the nice 1 wire o2. any input would be nice on the swap but i really want to know what that switch is. if i have to i can get a pic.

reps for all good info given and thanks to some already about the IACV being on an auto. my bro has the obd-1 manifold in still so i can't see if it has an IACV on it. he didn't want to take all the vacuum lines off incase he went obd-0.

also my brother wants to know if there is a conversion harness so he can use an obd-1 engine harness and an obd-1 ecu, i don't think the dash plugs etc will fit. i'm trying to get any angle because the old harness is very brittle and he wants a new one, go figure but if i rebuilt the whole motor i guess i would too, lol

preferredduck
02-26-2010, 01:53 AM
anybody??

88civic_hatc
02-26-2010, 06:25 PM
all u gotta do is just plug one in to it. thats what i did

Barefoot
02-26-2010, 06:31 PM
its the radiator cooling fan switch.

Starrfire
02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah its the fan switch basically. You can just extend the wires to run to the fan switch on the thermostat housing. I've done it also so that is just what you have to do. Also use the 2 pin plug that goes to this plug.

preferredduck
02-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Yeah its the fan switch basically. You can just extend the wires to run to the fan switch on the thermostat housing. I've done it also so that is just what you have to do. Also use the 2 pin plug that goes to this plug.

we have to relocate the green sensor to the thermostat i saw already but if the thermo switch controls the fans how do i wire that up. if the gets the conversion harness and runs an obd-1 ecu what controls the fans, just the thermostat and the ecu. the coolant temp sensor is on the back of the block(green) and then you have the thermo switch which is 2 seperate plugs on one sensor. i want the fans to work and can prob figure it out before he gets the motor in but i want it covered pretty good if i can.

Barefoot
02-28-2010, 09:06 AM
get a obd1 2 thermo housing, switch and connector w/ pig tails. problem solved.

Starrfire
02-28-2010, 11:46 AM
^^^thats what I said lol, but simplified.

preferredduck
03-01-2010, 12:11 AM
get a obd1 2 thermo housing, switch and connector w/ pig tails. problem solved.

ok i have the obd-1 thermostat with sensor, i know the wires from the old one have to go there so i guess the thermo seitch wires would be wired in since i guess the ECU and thermostat control the fans on obd-1 correct. i am telling my bro to get the conversion harness and run obd-1, it's an auto so i wonder if the ecu can be found easily. thanks guys, he has my repair manual so i can't look at the wiring diagram for now.