PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods URGENT HELP!

Nemesis
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
I cant find the lug key to my 7 spline locking lug.

Ive tried everything and the damn lug is starting to strip.

Would a dealership be able to remove an aftermarket locking lug? I got all three of them removed except for one damn one!

GGPIS3
02-19-2010, 07:06 PM
find a socket thats a little too small and hammer that bitch on.

Nemesis
02-19-2010, 07:07 PM
find a socket thats a little too small and hammer that bitch on.

Tried that, wont work. Also tried a bolt remover, thats when it started stripping.

I just need to know if a dealership would have the proper tools to get that shit out without damaging the wheel.

RL...
02-19-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm sure they can, I think the procedure is the same for any lug key. Chisel it off...

When I lost my key nissan took them off for me, free of charge too, but mine were oem

DVSRX-7
02-19-2010, 10:02 PM

Would a dealership be able to remove an aftermarket locking lug? I got all three of them removed except for one damn one!

You need a Gator Grip socket. Check Autozone or Advance Auto Parts for them, Same shit happened to my friend, used that socket and it worked!

Bacon
02-19-2010, 10:14 PM
had this happen a couple of times on me but a 12pt 17mm socket worked. the dealership should have the necessary tools to remove it. they may charge you just a little but i can't see them charging more than 10 or so to remove it.

81911SC
02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Ours has a master set with a fuckton differnent ones so maybe :dunno:

DecoyOctopus
02-20-2010, 10:48 AM

dealership will do it, but charge $20 a wheel...just hit it with a hammer...same thing happened with my car, I hit it with a hammer and stripped the wheel stud alittle but a wheel stud is only $1.49

Nemesis
02-20-2010, 06:02 PM
My Ford dealer removed all 4 locking lugs for free for me including the stripped one! Got a good deal on some other goodies too!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Ill try to hit up everyone wiht +40 later.

Nick Jeezy
02-20-2010, 06:11 PM
damn they must have a really good tool that requires almost no effort.

good to know.

tnomud
02-20-2010, 09:04 PM
future reference for others...

stick a Grade 8 bolt into the lug and toss a weld on there..............presto

I have broken a few of those spline drive tools before and this works

Brooks
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
take a large ass drill bit and open up the end of the nut. once you can see the stud, take a chizle and split it into two. should work, if not, let me know and i can do it at my shop...

jesus bonill
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM
i usually put the car on a jackstand, tighten all lugs exept for lock, and remove the lock first...
couple of people have told me that takes the pressure off from the lock and makes it easier to remove