PDA

View Full Version : Real Life (sad story inside)

DJ XtRaKŠ
10-30-2005, 02:03 AM
so i got off work tonight and decided to go grab some WaHo. well our waitress was a rather cute young lady which kinda caught me off guard for her to be working there.

well as she is taking our order she seems to be in some kind of pain or something, but i dont really say anything for a few. when she came back again i asked her what was wrong and she looked at me and kinda shook her head as if saying nothing, but i knew she was lying. well after we ate i decided to persue the question once again and this time got it out of her. she is pregnant and having contractions. well i sat there thinking wow, and shes still working...what a trooper. i looked at her somemore and realized that she wasnt showing signs of pregnancy at all and i got a bit worried for her. i asked her how far along she was and i got the worst reponse she could have given me....5 months. i was then in shock. the emt in me took over and started asking more questions and i got the worst responses...
have you seen a doctor? no. why not? medicade has not come back yet. have you had a uninary tract infection? yes. why are you not seeing a doctor quicker? i dont have enough money.

instantly i felt remorse for this girl. i payed my bill tipped her a 50 and told her good luck, save money, and go see a doctor.

i have never seen this before in my life and it scared the shit out of me. i also feel like an ass for having health insurance and her not having any. i feel ever more for her child, and hope that he/she has an excellent life.

:(

drupason
10-30-2005, 02:10 AM
that does suck! hopefully everything works out for her

neontuner95
10-30-2005, 02:11 AM
Dang healthcare should be free, we pay enough taxes in this country how is canada able to do it?

Georgia_boy
10-30-2005, 02:12 AM
damn that is bad she shouldnt be there
fuck insurance she should be at the hospital

its fucked up how someone has to take the risk of messing up her unborn child for lack of money
$50 tip that was real cool of you
shit would have done the same thing

The Yousef
10-30-2005, 06:20 AM
you're a good man matt...

tony
10-30-2005, 06:37 AM
So many things wrong with this, it shouldn't take 5 months for medicaid to kick in though I assume? I hope she is not going through the pregnancy alone.

5thgcelica
10-30-2005, 08:47 AM
man thats sad.

props for the $50 tip. that was cool.

ironchef
10-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Dang healthcare should be free, we pay enough taxes in this country how is canada able to do it?In canada they pay close to 2 times more taxes than we do.

IntegraXTR
10-30-2005, 08:59 AM
man thats good for the $50 tip, but having a premature baby sucks ass and is really sad that she didn't go to the hospital due to medicade.

neontuner95
10-30-2005, 09:05 AM
In canada they pay close to 2 times more taxes than we do.

Aww, I see I didn't know; so it all evens out than huh?

Brut
10-30-2005, 09:16 AM
1+ for doing good things.. also thats sad.. your a good man

4dmin
10-30-2005, 09:25 AM
have you seen a doctor? no. why not? medicade has not come back yet. have you had a uninary tract infection? yes. why are you not seeing a doctor quicker? i dont have enough money.

she can still go see a doctor at a hospital... they will just bill her and more than likely medicade will pick up the charges considering she is just awaiting it to kick in. even a pharmacy would bill her for FREE even if it hasn't kicked in yet, b/c they will get their money from medicade

it just amazes me in this country people will refuse to seek medical care over $$$. :rolleyes: either way nice gesture matt.

Leisa
10-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Wow... that is sad.... I hope everything turns out ok for her.. :(

The Golden Child
10-30-2005, 09:42 AM
+1 for the tip and hope she turns out good with the baby ..

tybalt6691
10-30-2005, 09:43 AM
You know alot of the families of reservists fighting over in Iraq will not have insurance 90 days after they come back to america. So this means as soon as some one that risked their lives for our country that does not support gernalized health care comes back has to immediately start looking for a job or have a hastle of trying to go back to thier old job. Once my terms up im moving to canada.

Kelly_Rene
10-30-2005, 09:46 AM
That was a wonderful thing you did Matt. I just hope the girl is ok. +1

boosted1jz
10-30-2005, 09:49 AM
wow that shits crazy!!!!! sad part is.... she probably wont use that money for good :( but i hope she does.....

PhatbacK
10-30-2005, 09:52 AM
that is really sad to hear. i hope she takes the advice and goes to see a doctor for her sake and the baby....no telling what this could be doing to her health wise.

and mad props Matt you are such a sweetheart. even though u didnt come by and see me last nite i forgive u. youve always been nothing but a doll to me

Brett
10-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Very sad. And whats even worse is she doesnt seem to not worry about her having the contractions at 5 months. Insurance or nor, Id think she would atleast go to the ounty hospital ya know?

Great thing you did Matt :)

Kevykev
10-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Great Display of compassion Matt.

99ITRGIRL
10-30-2005, 01:25 PM
that's sad. I hope she'll be fine. That was nice of u to ask questions and tip her $50.

chuck
10-30-2005, 03:12 PM
sucks for the baby...just another person having a baby who wasn't ready to have a baby

or maybe she's not even pregnant but rather a good "actress" just making her money...

IndianStig
10-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Dang healthcare should be free, we pay enough taxes in this country how is canada able to do it?

:blah: :blah: :blah: :rolleyes:

don't take it personally, just not the greatest idea in the world

i hope it turns out alright, what you did is what i would have done, that all you can do though, +rep

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DJ XtRaK again.

Pher
10-30-2005, 04:43 PM
If what she said was true then that is truly a sad thing for her and her child but an amazing display of generosity on your behalf.

However, there is a chance that she could have been working a tip. I've heard stories from waitresses about other waitresses creating enormous sob stories and making bank!

In no way am I crapping on your parade. Just my 2/100 of a dollar.

Kristi
10-30-2005, 06:19 PM
that is sad, i hope everything works out for her

DJ XtRaKŠ
10-30-2005, 06:53 PM
thanks to everyone for the props. im praying that she was not just acting because if she was it will come back to her. but from how well she answered the questions and how uneasy she was the entire time we were there, something just seemed out of place and i knew it. but i will find out next weekend when i go to waho again after work...who knows

Julio
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
I think you got hustled.

DJ XtRaKŠ
10-30-2005, 07:04 PM
I think you got hustled.

maybe....oh well, shit happens

Kevykev
10-30-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't think she played you man.

Please matt, stop saying "waho"

falls into the catagory of words that should never be shortened.

kinda like when people say "rents" in terms of "parents"

they all sound gay.

Julio
10-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Im sure the awful waffle offers insurance.

IndianStig
10-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Im sure the awful waffle offers insurance.

and a 401k

Did you know.....

They throw away the keys when they open a WaHo.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

jp kev

but thats what a waiter told me

DJ XtRaKŠ
10-31-2005, 01:22 AM
well hell...my bad...i meant waffle house...im going to do some more investagation this week on the matter

SquishyC
10-31-2005, 07:45 AM
Really nice of you to leave her that tip.

I bet it meant alot to her, to even have someone care to ask if she was ok. :)